Membership Ad 2014

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Membership Ad 2014

How good is this video.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership Ad 2014

easilly the best St Kilda membership ad we have ever had ...
awesome work by the club.. in fact all the media coming out from the club so far this year has been top notch hats off to them

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

JIGSTER!!!!!!

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
sverik25
Club Player

I really like this ad and I take my hats off to the marketing department or whoever produced. It's just a shame that it wasn't around a little earlier so that it could be promote the club a bit better.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sverik25 wrote:I really like this ad and I take my hats off to the marketing department or whoever produced. It's just a shame that it wasn't around a little earlier so that it could be promote the club a bit better.

Its an excellent ad but where do they show it. They wouldnt be able to afford FTA and even Foxtel maybe to expensive.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
sverik25 wrote:I really like this ad and I take my hats off to the marketing department or whoever produced. It's just a shame that it wasn't around a little earlier so that it could be promote the club a bit better.

Its an excellent ad but where do they show it. They wouldnt be able to afford FTA and even Foxtel maybe to expensive.
its a modern world Plugger ... will get more bang for the buck going around on the internet ... Facebook Twitter youtube the saints web site heck even Saintsational will play their part ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

its a modern world Plugger ... will get more bang for the buck going around on the internet ... Facebook Twitter youtube the saints web site heck even Saintsational will play their part ...

But most people on those types of things are probably members anyway. We need new members. Unless it goes viral it will just been seen by mostly true saints supporters.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:How good is this video.

Great stuff. I love it!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nawww...

Blakey

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

which prompted me to have all players get inked like this....would stuff up free agency somewhat.

loris
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Nawww...

Blakey
Yep that clip of Blakey caused a little tear or two to well my in my eyes.

I wonder which one of the newbies will step up to be the ultimate clubman for the club, the position that Blake honourably filled for so many years?

I hope whoever it is doesn't have to play under as many coaches that Blakey did............ we are in trouble if he does!!

saint-stu
Club Player

Great work saints!

I quite liked this one from 10 years ago.. :D

1ac46a38
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But most people on those types of things are probably members anyway. We need new members. Unless it goes viral it will just been seen by mostly true saints supporters.
the saints facebook page has 99,498 followers alone ... so that there is an indication of people who identify that they are saints supporters but quiet obviously not all members ... add to the way how facebook works where friends of people who follow the saints will see the advert if followers "like" the video ... the audience that the video is put infront of is considerably larger then that of a paid TV time slot .. the youtube site has had 700 veiws already and growing ...
engaging via social media is going to do more for getting new members then a TV advert as its targeted marketing to people who are more likely to want your product

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

the saints facebook page has 99,498 followers alone ... so that there is an indication of people who identify that they are saints supporters but quiet obviously not all members ... add to the way how facebook works where friends of people who follow the saints will see the advert if followers "like" the video ... the audience that the video is put infront of is considerably larger then that of a paid TV time slot .. the youtube site has had 700 veiws already and growing ...
engaging via social media is going to do more for getting new members then a TV advert as its targeted marketing to people who are more likely to want your product

Surely we used all those products for training yesterday at the Junction and it seemed there was lucky to be 100 people there. love to think this new way of advertising works but im old fashioned. FTA TV still seems the way to go. This ad is fantastic so if this form of advertising works as you say then we should get many more members this year. Do you really think that will happen?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Surely we used all those products for training yesterday at the Junction and it seemed there was lucky to be 100 people there. love to think this new way of advertising works but im old fashioned. FTA TV still seems the way to go. This ad is fantastic so if this form of advertising works as you say then we should get many more members this year. Do you really think that will happen?
I saw an ad about training on the saints facebook, but its going to be very hard to get people on a Monday arvo in peak hour to drive to Stkilda, many would have to go along Punt road, High street Nepean or Princess Hwy (the 4 main roads) and are all a bitsh at that hour, even afterwards whenever its finished still very busy.
You definitely are old fashioned if you sit infront of FTA ads and dont do something productive with your time, they go for 3mins or so, read a few pages of your book, read the paper, do the dishes, bring in/out washing, feed the cat, water a few plants, sweep the floor, even just change the channel, dont waste your life watching Subway ads.
And no we wont get more members this year, the reason we have so many supporters on facebook is anyone can 'like' us, you dont have to be a saints spporter. I have no doubt a small % of that 99k are not supporters, and a large % are but will never become a member due to the location they live in, if your not that dedicated why buy a membership when you cannot attend games? You can just get all the info every day for free by simply clicking 'like'.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I saw an ad about training on the saints facebook, but its going to be very hard to get people on a Monday arvo in peak hour to drive to Stkilda, many would have to go along Punt road, High street Nepean or Princess Hwy (the 4 main roads) and are all a bitsh at that hour, even afterwards whenever its finished still very busy.
You definitely are old fashioned if you sit infront of FTA ads and dont do something productive with your time, they go for 3mins or so, read a few pages of your book, read the paper, do the dishes, bring in/out washing, feed the cat, water a few plants, sweep the floor, even just change the channel, dont waste your life watching Subway ads.
And no we wont get more members this year, the reason we have so many supporters on facebook is anyone can 'like' us, you dont have to be a saints spporter. I have no doubt a small % of that 99k are not supporters, and a large % are but will never become a member due to the location they live in, if your not that dedicated why buy a membership when you cannot attend games? You can just get all the info every day for free by simply clicking 'like'.

I didnt realise what you said happened when ads are on is a new thing thats only happened recently. Dooley that has happened since ads started but companies still use FTA and now pay TV to advertise. People should realise if it now isnt working then channel 7 wouldnt be paying record amounts for footy. it still works the best. As I said the ad is fantastic but i still say mostly members will watch it on the other mediums or even if they arent members they could be as lazy as the people who didnt attend the juntion oval on Monday.

What would work batter than anything IMO is for people to contact all the members who have dropped off in the last 3 years and find out why and then plead or ask them to join. Some people just want to be loved.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Great work saints!

I like this one from 20 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TwfbwLXQY

andrewg
Club Player

Wow.....:(

andrewg
Club Player

bergholt wrote:

I like this one from 20 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TwfbwLXQY
Love the vomiting part of this
FML

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:

Wow.....:(
Agree. That's our best ad, closely followed by our current one.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

If anyone says that Lenny Hayes is not an outright champion and the current heart and soul of this club I will fight them to the death.

That's actually a very good advert
I like it.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

That's excellent!!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:If anyone says that Lenny Hayes is not an outright champion and the current heart and soul of this club I will fight them to the death.

I like it.
It's two minutes long though. Where can you show a two minute ad? And how much would that cost?

lloyd21
Club Player

Membership Ad 2014

Yes very good should be in every movie theatre from Moorabbin to Portsea 8-) forget TV........
and Live signs like the one corner South Road & Nepean Highway a lot cheaper

also should be done 3 weeks before Xmas every year.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I didnt realise what you said happened when ads are on is a new thing thats only happened recently. Dooley that has happened since ads started but companies still use FTA and now pay TV to advertise. People should realise if it now isnt working then channel 7 wouldnt be paying record amounts for footy. it still works the best. As I said the ad is fantastic but i still say mostly members will watch it on the other mediums or even if they arent members they could be as lazy as the people who didnt attend the juntion oval on Monday.

What would work batter than anything IMO is for people to contact all the members who have dropped off in the last 3 years and find out why and then plead or ask them to join. Some people just want to be loved.
point taken.

from memory they do call those that are yet to sign up around this time of the year, sometimes players even call. Has anyone heard of this to happen yet this year?

matrix wrote:If anyone says that Lenny Hayes is not an outright champion and the current heart and soul of this club I will fight them to the death.

I like it.
Lenny is not an outright champion nor the heart and soul of this club.
cya round 12 :mrgreen:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."