Sponsorship - St Kilda at rock bottom

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sponsorship - St Kilda at rock bottom

Redundant

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
FQF wrote:Don't think playing games at junction oval is viable
Hillibillies make $850,000 profit per home game down in the Diliverence country. (Sorry Doc, Newtown not included in that ref'. :wink: )
Poodles have been offered $750,000 per game to shift some home matches down there... what is Eithad costing us again btw...?
(Average number of bumpkins the Hillibillies have been drawing to their hoedowns to achieve these returns... 26,000.)

So I must disagree on that one FQF.

We don't have to achieve this overnight... though it took the Hillbillies less than a decade. :idea:

(Only a couple of years ago, and sure OH&S issues and crowd sitting inside the boundary fence aside :lol: , the Community Cup game drew 26,000 paying punters to the Junction!)

IMHO re really have to look at this, otherwise I can't see how we can compete with the competition...
Dave who is going to pay to completely rebuild the Junction Oval to seat 30-35,000 minimum? Who is going to pay to build the training facilities for which there would be little if no space.
I would say a redevelopment of the Junction Oval would have a price tag of 100 million dollars plus. I say that price because you would virtually have to build a whole new stadium.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
FQF wrote:Don't think playing games at junction oval is viable
Hillibillies make $850,000 profit per home game down in the Diliverence country. (Sorry Doc, Newtown not included in that ref'. :wink: )
Poodles have been offered $750,000 per game to shift some home matches down there... what is Eithad costing us again btw...?
(Average number of bumpkins the Hillibillies have been drawing to their hoedowns to achieve these returns... 26,000.)

So I must disagree on that one FQF.

We don't have to achieve this overnight... though it took the Hillbillies less than a decade. :idea:

(Only a couple of years ago, and sure OH&S issues and crowd sitting inside the boundary fence aside :lol: , the Community Cup game drew 26,000 paying punters to the Junction!)

IMHO re really have to look at this, otherwise I can't see how we can compete with the competition...
Dave who is going to pay to completely rebuild the Junction Oval to seat 30-35,000 minimum? Who is going to pay to build the training facilities for which there would be little if no space.
I would say a redevelopment of the Junction Oval would have a price tag of 100 million dollars plus. I say that price because you would virtually have to build a whole new stadium.

Dave doesnt deal in facts. For a start there is no way a modern ground at the junction could hold more than about 10000 people. There is no room. One side doesnt even really have a wing. Grandstands are heritage listed i believe so they would have to stay and they are stuffed for the modern fan. And you are right about the price. It would be at least that and more and if people dont beleive you or me have a look at the costs of Metricon or GWS ground or even the stands at Geelong.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave needs to stop looking at the Geelong situation as some sort of proof that we could rebirth the Junction Oval (or Moorabbin for that matter)

Geelong is a separate city that is indelibly linked to its football club. It is not just another suburb in Melbourne. It is essential for the Cats to have a home in Geelong. They have incredible support from the population down here, but also from the Council and the local media.

More importantly they have received enormous support from recent State Governments with the club being supported by an incredible amount of high profile politicians on both sides. They have recieved incredible grants to help make Skilled Stadium happen. Who is going to pay for the Saints to build this dream?

And finally, Skilled Stadium has always been in operation. It has been enormously refurbished and developed in the last decade. But it wasn't built from scratch.

Keep dreaming Dave. But just remember that when the alarm goes off each morning, it's time to forget about the Junction Oval.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I don't think the argument is about playing games at Junction Oval, more about an idea of the club using it as as their base for business and training, very much exploiting the fact that it is St Kilda, and this is where the club belongs , thereby exposing it to a higher public and media profile- these are things that attract money, and that is what we need. These are just ideas, but something that should be seriously considered.

From a marketing aspect, I would have lot more success and interest from potential clients(sponsors etc) by entertaining them at a modern facility in the heart of St Kilda, than I would trying to entice them to a small facility down beside the freeway in the back lots of Seaford..or even at Moorabbin. Times have changed and strategies for marketing a brand are a whole new ball game, so I hope the club embraces a bigger picture view of the corporate world and how our club can exploit it for our sustainability as I expect Mr Summers and the board would do considering their backgrounds in business.

FQF
SS Life Member

Just announced that we have a new coaches sponsor for at least the next 3 years - Watersun home builders

thezelk
Club Player

They will rebuild Moorabbin for us!!!! Ledified will do the lighting, Jeld Wen the widows and doors, Orzito supply the tools, Linenhouse will furnish it, staff will wear Peter Werth clothing.
Joyco will transfer the caravan show to moorabbin and the Herald Sun will report how we won a prelim at moorabbin on the way to a premiership..

Then i woke up

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

thezelk wrote:They will rebuild Moorabbin for us!!!! Ledified will do the lighting, Jeld Wen the widows and doors, Orzito supply the tools, Linenhouse will furnish it, staff will wear Peter Werth clothing.
Joyco will transfer the caravan show to moorabbin and the Herald Sun will report how we won a prelim at moorabbin on the way to a premiership..
Philip Morris will supply the ciggies for the builders, they'll buy their lunch from Snowdeli, after work they'll knock off with a couple of quite Tooheys and maybe follow it up with a Gilbeys while having a bet with Centrebet.

wally
Club Player

People on here whinged a lot when we had gambling companies as the major sponsor.
Are we better off now?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

wally wrote:People on here whinged a lot when we had gambling companies as the major sponsor.
Are we better off now?
What's the odds for the "No" response?

lloyd21
Club Player

" New Zealand " will add more Sponsors ...going forward ...watch this space

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:" New Zealand " will add more Sponsors ...going forward ...watch this space
They should be able to ensure we keep things "in the black" :wink:

FQF
SS Life Member

A joint AUS NZ company seems appropriate. ANZ comes to mind.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:A joint AUS NZ company seems appropriate. ANZ comes to mind.
Good colours on this mob :)

Bazza1970
Club Player

I think merchandise is one area we should be looking at to increase dollars.

We need to produce a range of merchandise affordable to the average supporter.
Hands up who buys their merchandise at the end of the year when it is 50% off.
Last year I bought :
Polo $30 original price $80
Spray Jacket $60 original price $100
Tracksuit Top $65 original price $120

I need to buy my daughter a new Guernsey. New version $125. I can find last years version on the internet for $50.
I would much rather give my money to the club.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2014-03-21/ ... h-watersun

New coaches and coaches box sponsor

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hang on a second ....
what is this fasination of having a "big name" sponsor ? surely if billy bobs fish and chip shop are willing to put up the same $$ as say an IBM type company it shouldnt make a fiddle of differance ..
I asked the question of Peter Summers whats the go with a major sponsor for our club and he made a very good point in regards to sponsors , often the bigger the sponsor the lower the return to the club for example a big name brand will for its investment in the club will want something out of it be it hospitality functions be it grand final tickets what ever there is a cost to the club to keep them happy because ultimatly they are not putting their brand to our club because they love our club ... on the flip side a second teir sponsor like Linen House is a long time supporter of the St Kilda football club their sponsorship dollars are spent to help the club first and formost they dont expect much back in return and while they might not contribute the same $$ by the time you factor in what the club has to spend on keeping them happy as to keeping the big boys happy you get more bang for your buck with the second teir sponsors .... that said we prob have the strongest second teir sponsors in the AFL....

also FFS seaford is a training facility now sponsor gives two fluffs where a team train ... its all about exposure during the games that are played at the dome ... stop sooking about bloody seaford
Glad you're not marketing my business.. Imagine Collingwood...mmm who will we try and attract..Bobs fish& Chips or Emirates...where will we have our elite traing facility.. Olympic Park or Epping..big business attracts big business. The club is part of an elite sporting organisation, and small thinking has been one of St Kilda's big problems for years. Think big or perish in this environment.
back the tram up here im not saying dont look at the big name sponsors but lets not discount the smaller ones just because they are not hosehold names ... the big names company sponsors are great to have but not at the expence of the other sponsors hypothetically say we got a sponsorship from Holden turned our noses up at the little guys like linen house .. first sign of trouble Holden will pull out and we will be left with nothing... we gotta get a major sponsor yes but lets not discount our current loyal second teir sponsors

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hang on a second ....
what is this fasination of having a "big name" sponsor ? surely if billy bobs fish and chip shop are willing to put up the same $$ as say an IBM type company it shouldnt make a fiddle of differance ..
I asked the question of Peter Summers whats the go with a major sponsor for our club and he made a very good point in regards to sponsors , often the bigger the sponsor the lower the return to the club for example a big name brand will for its investment in the club will want something out of it be it hospitality functions be it grand final tickets what ever there is a cost to the club to keep them happy because ultimatly they are not putting their brand to our club because they love our club ... on the flip side a second teir sponsor like Linen House is a long time supporter of the St Kilda football club their sponsorship dollars are spent to help the club first and formost they dont expect much back in return and while they might not contribute the same $$ by the time you factor in what the club has to spend on keeping them happy as to keeping the big boys happy you get more bang for your buck with the second teir sponsors .... that said we prob have the strongest second teir sponsors in the AFL....

also FFS seaford is a training facility now sponsor gives two fluffs where a team train ... its all about exposure during the games that are played at the dome ... stop sooking about bloody seaford
Of course it doesn't matter in Perth. Perth is a country town.
It matters here because sponsors want bang for their buck. The only bang in Seaford is the sound of gunfire around the Hells Angels Darkside Chapter.
:roll: yep you keep living in your little dream world

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Any chance of getting Philip Morris back as our major sponsor?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
philtee
Club Player

Snowdeli ?

thezelk
Club Player

by lloyd21 » March 21st, 2014, 10:37 am

" New Zealand " will add more Sponsors ...going forward ...watch this space

Have you heard something lloydy, come on share

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Air NZ would be worth a try?

They know that a lot of Australians fly over there for holidays...

Am I close?

sverik25
Club Player

A NZ sponsor would be great, but I can't see that happening until St Kilda's profile in NZ grows a bit. At least we signed Watersun as coaches sponsor. Better than nothign at the moment.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

With Ian McLeod on the Board, MD of Coles, I'm staggered he can't contribute a lead from within Industry as a major sponsor??

stevie
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
thezelk wrote:They will rebuild Moorabbin for us!!!! Ledified will do the lighting, Jeld Wen the widows and doors, Orzito supply the tools, Linenhouse will furnish it, staff will wear Peter Werth clothing.
Philip Morris will supply the ciggies for the builders, they'll buy their lunch from Snowdeli, after work they'll knock off with a couple of quite Tooheys and maybe follow it up with a Gilbeys while having a bet with Centrebet.
Sounds good as long as Hamill isn't in charge of it all. That finish date of 2 weeks will turn out to be decades.