Dunstan!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan!

Gun. Looked like a young Chris Judd.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Best debut since Big Carl in '63!
I've just got home from the game (a lazy 200km drive) and you've reminded me that Shadow's debut was also against Melbourne and round 1. I don't agree with the "best debut since" comment because there was another 19 year old midfielder who played an extremely impressive debut that day. He went on to win 3 Brownlows and, to this day, is the finest player I've seen don the Red, White and Black.

Take a bow, Ian Stewart!

Still, I am mightily impressed by Dunstan. I can't remember when I last saw a Saints debutant who I can safely say will be a fixture in the team for the rest of his career based on just one game. He is special.

Saint supporter since '62
supersaints
Club Player

I think he lied about his age... Must be 26 years old
Absolute gem , he has continued his pre season forum , what about when he gets better!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Not so distant future captain
Possibly not our next Captain unless Roo plays until the end of 2016 but Dunstan is mature beyond his years.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint6709
Club Player

Great to watch his first game

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Will be our first rising star for how many years?

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Recruiters must be wondering how they let him slip to 18 and how they let Eli slip to the rookie!!

#1 Ryder fan
Schillaci
Club Player

He was awesome. Looked a senior player and showed everyone why he has been talked up so much. Quality.
21 disposals, 7 marks and 7 tackles.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Does he have pace?

#1 Ryder fan
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Finally, we have a number 36 for the fantasy "Greatest saints: by number" argument

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

hungry for a premiership wrote:Finally, we have a number 36 for the fantasy "Greatest saints: by number" argument
He will wear number 7 next year

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Will have to watch the replay as some bastard spiked my 10 cups of coke with scotch last night at the game and I cant remember much after halftime. :oops:

Did remember seeing No.36 quite often.

Can someone refresh my memory on how we got him and Acres again.

Not being a smartarse, but was the pick in the McEvoy trade?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Going to be a great leader and player and just on that Mcevoy trade thought Hickey was good and his effort was great ,Stanley wAs a an ok backup and even though he dropped some marks gave us another avenue!

PADDLEPOP1000
stevie
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Gun. Looked like a young Chris Judd.
Yep. Hopefully in his later years he won't be become the Hannibal Lector Judd

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Will have to watch the replay as some bastard spiked my 10 cups of coke with scotch last night at the game and I cant remember much after halftime. :oops:

Can you remember how well Jack Watts played JB? :wink:

He and Saunders were are top tacklers with 7 each. Great signs!

The young guys looked angry in that second quarter with some really crunching tackles. Loved it.

There are a lot of comparisons with existing players. But he reminds me a bit of a young Luke Ball.

1ac46a38
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Will have to watch the replay as some bastard spiked my 10 cups of coke with scotch last night at the game and I cant remember much after halftime. :oops:

Can you remember how well Jack Watts played JB? :wink:
Sure somebody told me he picked up some easy possessions but was playing bruise free football.

Cant be sure - it alls a blur :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Best debut since Big Carl in '63!

Or Brodie Atkinson?

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 30612.html

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sorry Joffa

But he was just highlighted again on Ch 7 for playing a great game...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Sorry Joffa

But he was just highlighted again on Ch 7 for playing a great game...

Who? This thread is about Dunstan.

If you are talking about Watts, I couldn't care less what ch 7 said. Thought he was was playing bruise free football. My look fancy against a midfield full of kids. He probably thought it was the TAC again where he can breeze around picking up cheap kicks.

A no.1 dp and very very dissapointing

Lance or James??

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Traded McEvoy to Hawthorn for pick 18 & Savage. Pick 18 was Dunstan. As part of the trade but unable to be completed at the time due to Buddy compo not being handed out was pick 24 & 41 (or so) down to pick 19, which netted us Blake Acres who if he hadn't done his shoulder would've been a top 10 pick imo. Blake is behind the others due to the extended layoff and also being that bit taller too so his physical development is lacking, but I would not be shocked if he was the best player away from Boyd to come out of this years draft pool, most WA experts I know rate him incredibly highly.

I genuinely rate Acres, Dunstan and Billings as top 10 picks on talent alone. Eli I rated top 25, but honestly, now he is playing and on the list, it doesn't matter that he was a rookie in a sense

Dunstan dropped so far as he was considered one paced, his scope for improvement was considered low compared to say, Cripps, Bontempelli etc, and that he didn't have enough tricks. Honestly, recruiters try so hard to pick the next biggest superstar in all areas they forget about a genuine ability to play footy like Jobe, Lenny, and others who may not be as gifted as others on a soreadsheet.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thanks St.Ick - thought he was part of the McEvoy trade.

I know it was only against Melbourne and I think we have plenty of pain this year but a lot to watch and look forward to

Lance or James??

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

St Ick wrote:And he probably wouldn't be in Saints colours if we hadn't rolled the dice on the McEvoy trade...
Exactley! But no that won't get mentioned in the media or by commentators! They will just keep carrying on about how we got rid of McEvoy and saints supporters would wish that they still had him :roll:

Johnny Favier
Club Player

FQF wrote:Our next Lenny Hayes - end of story.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Big call, but you get the feeling he's this year's Ollie Wines....and that's a very good thing! :D

maverick
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:

Traded McEvoy to Hawthorn for pick 18 & Savage. Pick 18 was Dunstan. As part of the trade but unable to be completed at the time due to Buddy compo not being handed out was pick 24 & 41 (or so) down to pick 19, which netted us Blake Acres who if he hadn't done his shoulder would've been a top 10 pick imo. Blake is behind the others due to the extended layoff and also being that bit taller too so his physical development is lacking, but I would not be shocked if he was the best player away from Boyd to come out of this years draft pool, most WA experts I know rate him incredibly highly.

I genuinely rate Acres, Dunstan and Billings as top 10 picks on talent alone. Eli I rated top 25, but honestly, now he is playing and on the list, it doesn't matter that he was a rookie in a sense

Dunstan dropped so far as he was considered one paced, his scope for improvement was considered low compared to say, Cripps, Bontempelli etc, and that he didn't have enough tricks. Honestly, recruiters try so hard to pick the next biggest superstar in all areas they forget about a genuine ability to play footy like Jobe, Lenny, and others who may not be as gifted as others on a soreadsheet.
Good post, that is what I am hoping.