Fantastic Saturday afternoon at the footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: Fantastic Saturday afternoon at the footy

Saturday afternoon game. Nice day. A competive game. A hard fought win. It doesn't get much better, except perhaps a finals/GF win !

70s sainter
Club Player

Wearing shorts . Full strength beer. Roo couldn't miss. Armos mark . Eli's goal. A one eyed crowd .An unexpected win and all done by 430. A really enjoyable day out.

sverik25
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
sverik25 wrote:
paulski wrote:What a great day, had a ball. Great atmosphere created by Saints fans, i never thought a GWS game would be so exciting!

That Eli goal was the most enjoyable goal for a while, really got the place rocking!

And I could actually enjoy it with my little boy. Bring back Saturday arvo footy!

To top it off, my boy got a footy from Gilbo after the game!
I thought it was the best atmosphere at a Saints game for a long time, possibly since we last played finals! The crowd really got into it and it made the day thoroughly enjoyable.
You missed the Freo game last year?
No I was there for Freo, but the atmosphere wasn't quite the same in a way because the match was over at quarter time - except in the last quarter when our retiring stars got the ball/kicked goals/hit the post. On Saturday everyone was really into the game and got right into it especially in the third quarter when St Kilda were coming back.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:We took the 2 yr old who hasn't seen a loss yet in his 4 games
keep taking him bratty... :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It was a great atmosphere.

I don't mind the roof being open on nice sunny day, depending on where you sit of course.

Some goose said that crowd was disappointing. Saints fans turned out but it had to be the smallest number of opposition fans I have ever seen at a game. Seems like they were all sitting behind their goal. They're couldn't have been more that 200 GWS fans at the game.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:It was a great atmosphere.

I don't mind the roof being open on nice sunny day, depending on where you sit of course.

Some goose said that crowd was disappointing. Saints fans turned out but it had to be the smallest number of opposition fans I have ever seen at a game. Seems like they were all sitting behind their goal. They're couldn't have been more that 200 GWS fans at the game.

Funnily enough, there's something about the roof being open that makes a small crowd seem and feel, well, less small. I turned on the dogs-north match just into the third quarter. Apart from being staggered that they had kicked 4 goals between them, the roof was closed and the crowd looked (and sounded) smaller than our game.

It turns out there was 10,000 more people there. But ask yourself this - North and the Dogs are supposedly both up and coming, and it was a Sunday afternoon on a beautiful Melbourne day. Where WERE all their supporters? At least I am confident that some 19,000 at our game were there for the Saints, even when we were playing the Giants and there was a real prospect we could lose.

Always loyal