Seaford this morning

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Seaford this morning

Even though we will probably lose you wouldn't be aware of it if you watched training this morning. Lots of energy and an obvious plan to combat the long ground in Perth ( can't give details as you never know who reads these things! ). Some players rested - Roo. Lenny, Hickey, Beau , Geary. Schneids is very close. Very close.
They're fit and they're flying out early. Might just surprise a few for a couple of quarters.
Expect 2 changes.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Seaford this morning

P.S. Gee Blake Acres is ultra impressive.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:P.S. Gee Blake Acres is ultra impressive.
Thanks for the wrap tony...

This is good!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:P.S. Gee Blake Acres is ultra impressive.

Gotta love The Blake

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Even though we will probably lose you wouldn't be aware of it if you watched training this morning. Lots of energy and an obvious plan to combat the long ground in Perth ( can't give details as you never know who reads these things! ). Some players rested - Roo. Lenny, Hickey, Beau , Geary. Schneids is very close. Very close.
They're fit and they're flying out early. Might just surprise a few for a couple of quarters.
Expect 2 changes.

nah....probably win..imho......... :wink: :wink:....nothing wrong with the power of positive thinking...........i'm basically pumping for a top 4 position at the moment.... :D . thanks for the heads up though mate...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Schnieds only a week away according to the Saints website. Same with Steven. How did Steven train today?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Rate Blacres very very highly, imo could be the best away from Boyd from the draft. I'm happy to hear how well he is going.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
howlinwolf
Club Player

Thanks for the report Tony. Great for us nowhere near Seaford.Good to hear positive things about Acres.
I'm tipping the ins might be Longer to help Hickey against Cox and Nic Nat and Markworth for his first game.
He has plenty of run.
This is of course if Webster doesn't come up.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Rate Blacres very very highly, imo could be the best away from Boyd from the draft. I'm happy to hear how well he is going.
He certainly has the talent. No real perceived weaknesses to his game.

I dare say it won't take long before we see him playing for the Saints when fit. Played a bit of senior footy in WA.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:Schnieds only a week away according to the Saints website. Same with Steven. How did Steven train today?

Stevens wasn't on the track or Chips. And Eli wasn't out there either. Sorry forgot about him. Don't think you'll see Marksworth or Longer this week ( bar injuries )

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the update Tony. Really appreciate your efforts in posting these reports.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Thanks Tony !Read a fair bit and watched some video of Acres ,looks impressive could be the iceing on the cake!

PADDLEPOP1000
FQF
SS Life Member

What is the expectation with Acres? When will we see a debut?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

When we played wet toast ovee there last year - or the year before perhaps? - we were going very well until Rhys did a hammie. That buggered our structure a bit and we fell away.

Hit these Egirls hard and early. If they start ducking the head hit the pricks harder. <edited by Mod - Swearing>

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:When we played wet toast ovee there last year - or the year before perhaps? - we were going very well until Rhys did a hammie. That buggered our structure a bit and we fell away.

Hit these Egirls hard and early. If they start ducking the head hit the pricks harder. f****** wankers

Is that Priddis head ducking actor playing?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Thanks again Tony - and why wouldn't these young guys be up and about. They have probably never trained so hard in their lives, so getting early rewards is very positive feedback.

The Melb/WCE video is classical - shows what happens when players (Melbourne), don't harass the opposition and/or the ball. Sides like WCE simply take them apart. We don't want that to happen to us, or all of that well earned impetus will be deflated very quickly.

A win? - doubt it. A good strong effort - yes please.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

tony74 wrote:Stevens wasn't on the track or Chips. And Eli wasn't out there either. Sorry forgot about him. Don't think you'll see Marksworth or Longer this week ( bar injuries )
Combining that with your other post predicting to expect two changes Tony, and to me it's looking like...

Bruce (size down back) for Roberton (struggling, and maybe injured?).
Webster (fast and mobile for a big ground) for the Savage.
That'll then leave Rhys to once again out-jump the Nicnack, and Hickey to combat Cox.

stevie wrote:When we played wet toast ovee there last year - or the year before perhaps? - we were going very well until Rhys did a hammie. That buggered our structure a bit and we fell away.

Hit these Egirls hard and early. If they start ducking the head hit the pricks harder. f****** wankers
Maxwell's Sliver Hammer time, eh Stevie? :wink: I like your evil mind. 8-) :twisted: :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
philtee
Club Player

Thanks tony74.
Like others here, I just want a consistent effort, and every Weagles score to be hard-earned.
Give 'em nuthin.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Tony!
Man im pumped about Acres. Just looks so bloody good.

Changes id like to see

out: savage robbo
in: markworth bruce (or simpkin)

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Thanks for the report tony74. Who else remembers our famous win against West Coast at Subi when both Spida and Daniel Healey kicked 6 each??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:Thanks for the report tony74. Who else remembers our famous win against West Coast at Subi when both Spida and Daniel Healey kicked 6 each??

Was that the day Spiders last goal he kicked never went through the goals but was paid a goal? And didnt Mitchell kick the winning goal? If it was i dont remember it.

NextYear

What about Robert Harvey's 350th - still got that on the hard drive.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Yep loved that game,ran our guts out!

PADDLEPOP1000
stevie
Saintsational Legend

And the game there in 2009 after we beat the Cats in the greatest home and away game ever. We had nothing to gain by winning in wet toast and the guys were all sore but we got up and beat the weak gutted flogs! Loved it

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Thanks tony

Can't wait to see acres out there. Really sounds line the spirit is back down there and with spirit comes belief. Couple that with consistent effort and there is no doubt we will topple a few that we're not expected to.
As for west coast this week I reckon they will pip us in the 2nd half but I hope I'm proven wrong! Imagine the press should the saints win?!

#1 Ryder fan