Fish and Schneider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Fish and Schneider

What's going on with these two ? When can we expect to see them back?

#1 Ryder fan
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fish and Schneider

schneids is playing for sandy tomorrow....fish is a week away..i think...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Fisher said he was having a few issues with a set back. The club have listed it as a hammy lately but it seemed to be his back not long ago. The good thing is it isn't his foot giving him grief anymore. Schniedes was really unlucky- he got a knee in his back against Port and before then was having his first full preseason in years.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I wont say anything because I will be attacked by flog66 who reckons he is best 'homie' with SF but SF has been struggling with his body since 2010 by his own admission.

As for Schneids - I love his work and footy brain and his latest set back was pure bad luck - but he has an older body than his dob would suggest.

Neither of these blokes should be factored into our future success and any good games should now be seen as a bonus for what they have already delivered us over many years. Great Saints.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:I wont say anything because I will be attacked by flog66 who reckons he is best 'homie' with SF but SF has been struggling with his body since 2010 by his own admission.

As for Schneids - I love his work and footy brain and his latest set back was pure bad luck - but he has an older body than his dob would suggest.

Neither of these blokes should be factored into our future success and any good games should now be seen as a bonus for what they have already delivered us over many years. Great Saints.
From purely the footballing perspective of what you wrote, couldn't agree more. As for P66, I'll that one entirely up to you both to continue on about :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I wont say anything because I will be attacked by flog66 who reckons he is best 'homie' with SF but SF has been struggling with his body since 2010 by his own admission.

Both of these guys are huge parts of our future success. We especially need Fisher out on the ground playing the best footy of his career and showing the new generation of backline players how it is done not to mention giving them support and helping them develop into the next gun backline. I hope we get at least another 2 years out of Fisher.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Flog66. Good one Con but what happened to soft cock66. Now that was pure gold. And the lies continue. Anyway lets hope both get up andrunning because at their best they are valuable players that other younger players can learn off.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I hope to see both playing soon, however, this latest setback with Fisher and the struggle he is having with fitness makes me think that this will probably be the last season we see him.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:I hope to see both playing soon, however, this latest setback with Fisher and the struggle he is having with fitness makes me think that this will probably be the last season we see him.

Yeah possibly but if the injury is manageable then this long layoff could also mean it extends his career a little longer also. I'm hoping to see him back to his best before he retires...he is a gun at his best.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

The decision not to trade Fisher to GWS is proving to be a silly one now.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

For one reason or another, I doubt that either will play for us again. Of course, it would be nice if both suddenly became injury free and as fit as they were 5 years ago. It would also have been nice to win the flag five years ago.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:The decision not to trade Fisher to GWS is proving to be a silly one now.

Don't think GWS wanted him once they landed Heath Shaw. Reckon he would have been traded if a suitable deal was on the table for us.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Fish and Schnips

Posting 20 years of holey crap!