St Kilda vs Crows - Gamethread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda vs Crows - Gamethread

wasaintsfan wrote:I don't mind a loss but the effort today is an absolute joke.... Our 2nd efforts absolutely laughable..... And against a team like Adelaide..... Can see a 200 point loss if we bring this effort vs essendon... Scary thing is I don't think that's an exaggeration..
Well if you believe that you really have SFA idea about football.

hysterical much????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
wasaintsfan
Club Player

[quote="joffaboy"]Crows pressure and bigger bodies just killing us at the stoppages[/quote]

I would agree if Adelaide looked decent... We just keep putting our guys on 2v1 and 3v1 situations.... Time and time again... We were winning stoppages 12-6 at one point yet down by 20..... We are effectively playing like the dees did vs Eagles. Missing 5m handballs by 10m etc

Guess the loss against west coast hit the kids hard.. But then even guys like riewoldt and Hayes have made just as silly mistakes

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the wait maybe a bit longer than I thought.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

1st question for Richos post match interview
Why do you think the effort displayed against the eagles, was completely absent against the crows?

Seeya
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Turnovers have killed us and the senior guys are leading the way. Dempster, Geary, Jones, Joey have all consistently turned it over

wasaintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
wasaintsfan wrote:I don't mind a loss but the effort today is an absolute joke.... Our 2nd efforts absolutely laughable..... And against a team like Adelaide..... Can see a 200 point loss if we bring this effort vs essendon... Scary thing is I don't think that's an exaggeration..

hysterical much????
So I say if we bring this effort vs a team destined for top 6 we will get done a lot worse then a team who is battling to make top 12 I know sfa about football... Good on you champ..

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:the wait maybe a bit longer than I thought.
Nope still the same wait with me. The first three games changed nothing AFAIAC.

We are a million miles off.

Still in another thread the predictable criticising of the coach has started.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stevie
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Pretty clear watching this game that 'trying really hard' is just not enough, the crows are slicing us up with precision kicking, while we are putting on a butchery clinic.

I'd forgotten how much Bruce loves the crows :cry:
Lucky I have it muted for all games.

And thank god for Candy Crush....

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Maister did something
What? I must have missed it JB.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Dunstan leading our possessions with Ray. Eli struggling in a tough game, Steven not quite there yet but that run in the 2nd was fantastic. Safe to say the team is nowhere near ready for the post Nick days

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Turnovers have killed us and the senior guys are leading the way. Dempster, Geary, Jones, Joey have all consistently turned it over

I dont think Joey is playing.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 13 Apr 2014 6:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

hysterical much????
So I say if we bring this effort vs a team destined for top 6 we will get done a lot worse then a team who is battling to make top 12 I know sfa about football... Good on you champ..
No the hysterical 200 point loss rubbish.

Why dont you make it a gazillion point loss?

Over to you champ :roll:

Lance or James??

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Some people on here are comical. Magically thought the rebuild was half done after three rounds.

Look at history,all you want too see from kids is glimpses,we saw it three weeks in a row, kids don't go four weeks straight,ever,three is a great effort. Be pleased we won two already. The rebuild has a long way to go yet,so you either better toughen up or take up something else for three years.

Dunstan in his fourth game on a down day still finds the ball, not many kids can do that.

Bring back the Lockett era
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Some people on here are comical. Magically thought the rebuild was half done after three rounds.

Look at history,all you want too see from kids is glimpses,we saw it three weeks in a row, kids don't go four weeks straight,ever,three is a great effort. Be pleased we won two already. The rebuild has a long way to go yet,so you either better toughen up or take up something else for three years.

Dunstan in his fourth game on a down day still finds the ball, not many kids can do that.
Great post. Bring them back down to earth. We have a big chance against Brisbane on Anzac Day. 3-3 woldn't be too bad

Lance or James??

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Some people on here are comical. Magically thought the rebuild was half done after three rounds.

exactly

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
wasaintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Great post. Bring them back down to earth. We have a big chance against Brisbane on Anzac Day. 3-3 woldn't be too bad
Think it's more the lack of effort than the fact saints are 61 down??? Time and time again we are 20-30m off our direct opponents...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Think it's more the lack of effort than the fact saints are 61 down??? Time and time again we are 20-30m off our direct opponents...

And why suddenly after 3 games we would have lack of effort. Were they on the piss last night? DFoubt it has naything to do with effort, just lack of ability that was overlooked because of the poor sides we have played so far. look at WCE yesterday.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Exactly P66. Effort there, Adelaide muc bigger mored developed hurting after te start of the season. Just killing us

Lance or James??

wasaintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Exactly P66. Effort there, Adelaide muc bigger mored developed hurting after te start of the season. Just killing us

So last 2 plays of unmanned Adelaide players is due to bigger bodies???

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Rotations is a pretty big factor for effort. Wright subbed early, Ray was corked in the first and armo spent over 20 minutes on the bench seeing to his knee. All the while trying to protect Steven in his first game back.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Exactly P66. Effort there, Adelaide muc bigger mored developed hurting after te start of the season. Just killing us

How about that goal 1v1 turns to tap over the top Adelaide goal cause he's 2 off his man

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I just realised we will still be above the crows so f$$k them! Lol

Sometimes a walloping like this can be instructive to show the young uns the tougher side of it all. It's still annoying but

kalsaint
Club Player

Well its ugly now. No point saying the kids will rally or will increases the pressure as they are outsized and tired.

The trick will be what they learn from a game like this and how they can deliver in the future.

If they come to play next time even if they lose I will be happy. But if they just capitulate again I will be worried for that we need to give some kids a break and other an opportunity.

No panic yet as this will take time. A credit to them for winning 2 games but thee weren't against polished opposition.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:

So getting smashed by bigger bodies all day and getting run off your feet doesn't tire you out?

Fair dinkum some people really dont have much of an idea

Lance or James??

wasaintsfan
Club Player

kalsaint wrote:Well its ugly now. No point saying the kids will rally or will increases the pressure as they are outsized and tired.

The trick will be what they learn from a game like this and how they can deliver in the future.

If they come to play next time even if they lose I will be happy. But if they just capitulate again I will be worried for that we need to give some kids a break and other an opportunity.

No panic yet as this will take time. A credit to them for winning 2 games but thee weren't against polished opposition.
That's exactly it.... Happy to see a loss if the efforts there... And commitment.