St Kilda vs Crows - Gamethread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda vs Crows - Gamethread

Thank god thats over.

Bad game.

But 2-2 and a winnable game v Brisbane in two weeks.

We have every chance to be 3-3 after Anzac Day

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
wasaintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
wasaintsfan wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Exactly P66. Effort there, Adelaide muc bigger mored developed hurting after te start of the season. Just killing us

So last 2 plays of unmanned Adelaide players is due to bigger bodies???
So getting smashed by bigger bodies all day and getting run off your feet doesn't tire you out?

Fair dinkum some people really dont have much of an idea
So frustrating replying on phone.... Yea getting hit hard all day does take it's toll but thinking you should rewatch first half.... Kicking to 2v1 and 3v1 time and time again... And were still 20-30m off opponents on the rebound.... We're doing the same thing every quarter so don't see the point of your statement???

wasaintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Thank god thats over.

Bad game.

But 2-2 and a winnable game v Brisbane in two weeks.

We have every chance to be 3-3 after Anzac Day
Be nice to bring back some intensity next week.. Don't see us winning, can't wait for the nz game, agree massive chance to be 3-3

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

You asked about the last two unmanned goal. Correct me if I am wrong didn't they occur in Qtr 4 when the yung player had no legs and were out on their feet?

Got beaten easily in the first half, no doubt, but you do understand you can try hard and still get flogged. Adelaide just too good all over the ground.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I can't remember seeing a side that had so much space as what the Crows had for a very long time...as soon as we gained posession we were swamped....we did look like amateur hour thats for sure.

Positives...Love Jack and watching Lenny. Roo still tries his guts out...must be embarrassing for him.

Does Stanley need gloves ???

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Disposal efficiency for Len-dog and Armo really not good enough.
Both down in low 60%

By comparison - Newnes 84% Jones & Ray 70%.

Scott Thompson 84% & Rory Sloane 77%.

Crows had 16 blokes with DE over 70% compared to our 9.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Disposal efficiency for Len-dog and Armo really not good enough.
Both down in low 60%

Efficiency is bad but I don't like comparing those random congested clearance kicks to kicks coming off half back

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the wait maybe a bit longer than I thought.
Nope still the same wait with me. The first three games changed nothing AFAIAC.

We are a million miles off.

Still in another thread the predictable criticising of the coach has started.
Criticising the coach, no I don't believe it. Hopefully, tongue in cheek from whoever :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Disposal efficiency for Len-dog and Armo really not good enough.
Both down in low 60%

Efficiency is bad but I don't like comparing those random congested clearance kicks to kicks coming off half back
Agree - but Thompson and Sloane dont play half back. Sam MItchell had 84 the other night. Low 60s is not good. Especially for Sr players.
Joey and Armo probably our 2md and 3rd highest plaid players.
Its just not good enough. Some of their kicks were abysmal - even with zero pressure.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

TV doesn't show a lot but our intensity looked down, and let's face it, Crows were good, very little fumbling or turnovers.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Both down in low 60%

One of your worst posts con. Have a look were Lenny and Armo are winning the ball then trying to dispose of it.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

The West Coast game expended an enormous amount of energy, and I expected us to struggle today. Interesting that the Eagles played similarly to us this week. Adelaide are still a talented football team with mature players and big bodies all over the ground. It was not about lack of effort today. Our guys looked knackered from the start and just didn't have the run in their legs to spread like their opposition did. It also makes you realise how good Hickey's rum work is, and how important a player like Sam Gilbert is. Wright will miss next week, and Longer will be replaced by Hickey. Looks like Maister may have a spell at Sandringham, and if we had a bit more depth, I'd say Savage would be looking down the barrel, too. Our best today were Ray, Newnes, & Riewoldt.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I can't remember seeing a side that had so much space as what the Crows had for a very long time...as soon as we gained posession we were swamped....we did look like amateur hour thats for sure.

Positives...Love Jack and watching Lenny. Roo still tries his guts out...must be embarrassing for him.

Does Stanley need gloves ???

Funny enough jack was obviously rusty for mine, plenty of simple hand passes missed and Lenny looked like he was tired and looking closer to the end except that little hand pass and block for Rooey to kick a goal. Riewoldt is incredible with his work rate. he still just out runs his opponent.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Really telling losing Wright early then Armo for nearly 30 minutes and taking in a underdone Steven. Never going to end well.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Really telling losing Wright early then Armo for nearly 30 minutes and taking in a underdone Steven. Never going to end well.

It was just one of those days when we ran right the ball bounced left. Every exciting build up seemed to end in us turning over the ball. Some days nothing goes right and we seemed to get that today.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Both down in low 60%

One of your worst posts con. Have a look were Lenny and Armo are winning the ball then trying to dispose of it.
I had a good look.
Some of their loopy kicks were just crap.
It seems you simply cant say a bad word against Lenny on here or cop abuse.

Obviously hes a legend - but the last few weeks his disposal has been terrible.
Where do you think Sam Mitchell and Scott Thompson win the ball? Both got 84% DE this week.

And forget the stats - just watch the game - several of Armo and Lennys kicks were crap and not under any pressure - go and re-watch the match and take your love goggles off.

Just ridiculous that people get so touchie about this sort of stuff

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Your not seriously trying to suggest that Hayes and Armos was worse than Rays today are you?