Geary and Maister

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Geary and Maister

Papers stamped. If we are to go forward, neither of them have a place. After 7-8 years in the system, they are not going to get up to the standard required. Geary cannot hit a target and constantly makes poor decisions. Maister just can't get the footy and when he does he can't use it effectively. How on earth did Geary get into the leadership group, when his skill level is so poor? I admire his endeavour and commitment, but those things only go so far. He's nowhere near the standard required and never will be. As for Maister...........the evidence is too obvious.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geary and Maister

Maister yes - Geary no.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

They're both crap. Call Maister what you like just don't call him a footballer. He is pathetic. Geary is just a turn over merchant.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Maister is cooked. Geary butchers it as do many in our best 22. We need to gradually get better kicks in the team. Billings and Schneider is a good start. But Gearu stays in the team which is more a reflection of our current list than his ability, or lack of.

saint6709
Club Player

Maister may not get another game

noob
Club Player

I thought if Maister is playing in the backline then why not put the 'Key Defender Recruit' Bruce in the team?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Maister doesn't do a lot good. Poor mark, not the best set shot, bad decision maker and has a habit of getting in Roos way. But he does crash packs! Time to go Beau! Lee another 4 for Sandy to replace him

wasaintsfan
Club Player

Ever since the 1st game Wilkes/maister played for us I keep wondering why.. Reality is he wasn't the problem today.. Yes he is rubbish but is there for structure. When the midfield and back line fail, doesn't matter what the forward line do.. But seriously please don't put him in backline again.
Geary had an off day but that's rare

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

won't be around when we get back in gear.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:won't be around when we get back in gear.
About 15 wont be

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Geary looked promising in the last few years. Fair to say his campaign for '14 isn't off to an ideal start. Couple of situations today where he looked too light weight and got easily out bustled by his opponent.

Maister is just not at AFL standard, plain and simple. Why isn't Tom Lee in the team?

Also worried about the future of Rhys Stanley. The kid has some athletic potential, but can play as soft as dog poop.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Both very disappointing.
May well be the last time we see Big Bad Beau in Saints colours. Just a list clogger now.
If hes only in for crash and bash Id rather Simpkin was given a go at that role - because it doesnt seem like hes in for goal kicking.

Geary has just not improved. Yes we all know he is fast at 3km but he is very one paced and just not quick at all when he needs to be.
His kicking is way too scrappy.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 13 Apr 2014 7:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Maister tries hard, but isn't up to senior standard, and Geary is just plain ordinary this season- watches the game and not his direct opponent who is usually 10 metres in the clear most times. Today was a terrible team effort in so many respects, but if there were some players who should be dropped after today's lack of effort.. Maister, Geary, Stanley and Longer earned the right to play at Sandy next week above all others.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I think you've forgotten one more.

MrCordz
Club Player

Geary and Maister

Geary is brave and defensively sound but often turns it over - has 1 gear - will only ever be a B-Grader at Best. We need him in the team at the moment with all the kids coming through but I've always felt he has been overrated on this site and by the club. I'm sure they know better than me but this is just my opinion.

Humbly St. Kilda
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I mean today was really list clogging stuff from Beau unfortunately.

We had Beau out there - doing Im not sure what role really - while we had a big fella Josh Bruce who is 21 years of age - had a good game in the VFL last week and is probably on good money and a good contract - sitting in the stands at Etihad on Emergency duty.

Seems like waste to me. Much rather get the game time into Bruce than watch Beau battling out there.

MrCordz
Club Player

In Fact I've started calling him 2nd Geary! :oops: :wink: :roll: :D

Humbly St. Kilda
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I think when a full time defender goes forward and instantly impacts more in 5 minutes than you did in a half, it is goodbye. Wouldn't mind if Gwilt moved forward and another defender brought in next week

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maister and Stanley and I'd agree.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Maister and Stanley and I'd agree.
True both are duds

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

A heap more than Maitster, Stanley, and Geary who did not earn their place in the team today. Very disappointed in Montagna's game. Roo copped another injury. Should be rested against Essendon next week. WOnt be though.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:Geary is brave and defensively sound but often turns it over - has 1 gear - will only ever be a B-Grader at Best. We need him in the team at the moment with all the kids coming through but I've always felt he has been overrated on this site and by the club. I'm sure they know better than me but this is just my opinion.
Fair comment.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Essendon getting flogged

Lance or James??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Essendon getting flogged
BJ out with a groin.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Geary is a limited footballer. His kicking skills have always been below par.

But one thing he does bring week to week, quarter to quarter is hardness, courage and great effort. That's why he's in the leadership group. He's not the most gifted guy going around but he's a guy that gets the maximum out of himself.

I don't see him losing his position this year. Next year maybe his place in the side might be a bit more shaky.