Can't believe people target those who give a stuff....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can't believe people target those who give a stuff....

SaintPav wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Stanley 13 touches, 9 marks, a goal and a few hitouts. After Roo he was our best tall on the ground. Geary tried hard but he was below average butchering the ball as per usual.
Plus one fake head wobble.

:mrgreen:
I was looking for the Stanley fakey today sadly I missed it :lol:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

He looked like he was trying to me... They were all trying, but we looked slow and our disposal was horrendous.

philtee
Club Player

Nice work 3GS and Bluthy.
Very much a reality check.
Looked like some very tired bodies out there, even from early in 3rd quarter. Still getting over WCE game perhaps.
You could see at times the players could not muster a run to a Crows player 10 metres away.
Add some poor decision-making, some ordinary skills at times, and you are facing a Kharkov-sized defeat.

Hang in there Sainter K! You've hit a few raw nerves.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
derby Street wrote:
SainterK wrote:And seemingly miss those that don't?

Nobody individually to blame for that loss, stupid reactionary threads with emotive silly sentiments given there will be a few more losses this year.

I simply want guys to run out and pay for the jumper.

Which is why I can't with good conscious even bag Maister.

I'm way more irritated with those who don't appear to care.
Let me guess Sainter K .... ? Ping your usual scapegoat and then excuse your pet. :shock:
Am I suppose to blush?

I won't.

JB you missed my point, Maister should and will not play again, but at least he tried.

I guess I could of added it to another thread, but why all the whinging about lack of traffic and then pay me out for starting a thread.

It won't hurt, don't read it if it offends you I started another one.
St Kilda needs footballers with ability. Maister has none, Geary not far off him. Can't win with s*** players who try their guts out. We need good players who try their guts out.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Careful K,

The forums in a dark mood and the ire will be directed at someone

Post of the Millennium! :D

The forum does indeed have moods and ire.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Johnny Favier
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:No one enjoys a flogging like that, but, it is what is going to happen to us every now and then as we rebuild.
Personally, I wasn't confident today, in fact worried something like this would happen, Adelaide wanted to win badly, were much bigger bodied and as quick as we are.
Also factor in last weeks gruelling game in the west, and a lot of our young guys who aren't match hardened yet would come up short.
Adelaide played great footy today, would like to see us play a similar style, it is good to watch, though not quite as good watching it being done to your side.
I wouldn't be making wholesale changes next week. Obviously Wright will be out, that opens the door for Billings or Schneider.
Think Maister should go back to the seconds and give Bruce a go in defence.
If Hickey is fit, he comes in for Longer, even though Longer wasn't bad to day, Hickey is the better option. Hopefully, Richardson can find a way to have both Hickey and Longer in the game and play Rhys on a flank or wing.
Today was a very steep learning curve and a little reality check. Truth be known, the excitement of this year will be seeing the new kids coming on, then the trade and drafting period after the season to see who we recruit.
Our premiership clock is only at about 1am.
The good news, there are a few teams whose premiership clock is at 12.01 am.
A fair and balanced post 3GS - good to see.
We'll probably see 2 changes next week and possibly 3 if Hickey comes up, but Longer will be that bit wiser from the experience.
Jack Steven will also be better for the run to get his match touch back, and again Rooey and Farren Ray lead the way.

Last week's game in the west seemed to take it's toll on the younger legs - we should see a better showing against the Bombers next week.
Big job against a team almost at it's peak, but as long as we can keep up the effort that's all that we can ask.

We're just going to have deal with this sort of loss this season and over the next 1 or 2 as the young blokes develop, but the upside is that a young team learns some important lessons from a loss like that, and I'm sure Richo will drive the point home in the match review.

Long haul ahead and this is just the first speed bump, but we'll be right! :)

I'd rather be where we are now than the Blues or Tigers, put it that way!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Geary and Maister both tried their guts out and had shockers. Stanley tried his guts out, used the footy very well and played a very decent game. He dropped a couple of marks he should've taken but he also held onto 9.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Geary and Maister both tried their guts out and had shockers. Stanley tried his guts out, used the footy very well and played a very decent game. He dropped a couple of marks he should've taken but he also held onto 9.
Exactly.

The last 2 games IMO there has been some good signs with Stanley that he is understanding the role better, and is working harder to do them.

The coach preferred him to Maister for much of the game up forwarded, and in my view this faith was rewarded. Stanley needs to keep progressing, but his last two games have been most encouraging.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The best thing from Stanley is that he has been consistent for all four games and contributed something. Looks more confident and enjoys playing his role.
Maybe just maybe there is that break out game we have been waiting for on the near horizon.
Still remember that passage of play two years ago where he burnt the Carlton defence off with pure speed to kick the sealing goal. That was pure excitement.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:The best thing from Stanley is that he has been consistent for all four games and contributed something. Looks more confident and enjoys playing his role.
Maybe just maybe there is that break out game we have been waiting for on the near horizon.
Still remember that passage of play two years ago where he burnt the Carlton defence off with pure speed to kick the sealing goal. That was pure excitement.
Did he wobble his head

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
evo
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:The best thing from Stanley is that he has been consistent for all four games and contributed something. Looks more confident and enjoys playing his role.
Did he wobble his head
:) :) :) :) :)