LTI rookie upgrade for Wright

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: LTI rookie upgrade for Wright

Is there a chance we could nominate Eli to take Wright's place even though Eli is elevated because of Pierce? reason being Pierce has almost fully recovered.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Weller has booted the door down and taken the wall out with him.
Weller might also cost Clint Jones a contract for 2015 at this rate.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Weller has booted the door down and taken the wall out with him.
Made me do my own research :( haha

Report says he racked up 33 disposals, 7 marks and 3 goals while tagging his opponent out of the game.

Now that is putting your hand up and screaming pick me, pick me.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Fantastic what Weller has done. Could be very handy in Wellington conditions.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Weller has booted the door down and taken the wall out with him.
Jesus you go early.

So the Saints are going to delist Jones because a rookie had a good game against a weak opposition in the VFL????

I hope Weller succeeds and plays 100 games for us, but this attack on Jones is unwarranted and ludicrious.

Oh Alan Richardson has selected Jones in every game this year. You know more than the coach about Jones do you?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Jesus you go early.

So the Saints are going to delist Jones because a rookie had a good game against a weak opposition in the VFL????

I hope Weller succeeds and plays 100 games for us, but this attack on Jones is unwarranted and ludicrious.

Oh Alan Richardson has selected Jones in every game this year. You know more than the coach about Jones do you?

Some people wear blinkers at the footy. Jones was again in everything and while his numbers weren't huge this week his dreamteam points are the third highest at the Saints behind Rooey and Farren. He's had a great year so far and not done too much wrong. No one sees Lenny hand pass direct to the opposition but Clint can get double team tackled and hand pass out under pressure to the opposition and he should be delisted.

I would suggest if he plays like he is all season he will go around again. Same with Farren he has done enough to suggest he is in career best form and likely to go on.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Jesus you go early.

Not at all - CJ well and truly deserves his spot. Was BOG in rounds 1 and 2. Will play his 22 games this year.

I'm talking about 2015. I think if Savage comes good - then there will be pressure on CJ for 2015. If Savage ends up no good then CJ stays on.

If Weller is 22 and carving the VFL up - then that situation cant go on indefinitely. He simply has to come in to the side and Curren aint going anywhere. So at this stage Weller for Seb Ross looks likely and CJ stays in - so Savage will be the decider over the next 16 weeks.

Milne
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Jesus you go early.

Not at all - CJ well and truly deserves his spot. Was BOG in rounds 1 and 2. Will play his 22 games this year.

I'm talking about 2015. I think if Savage comes good - then there will be pressure on CJ for 2015. If Savage ends up no good then CJ stays on.

If Weller is 22 and carving the VFL up - then that situation cant go on indefinitely. He simply has to come in to the side and Curren aint going anywhere. So at this stage Weller for Seb Ross looks likely and CJ stays in - so Savage will be the decider over the next 16 weeks.
Roo was BOG in the first 2 games. CJ was up there though.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Milne"

Roo was BOG in the first 2 games. CJ was up there though.[/quote]

agree - i was just summarising.
he was up there - just would have been too many words to write - he was 3rd best or something.
point was he has been decent and is earning his spot in the 22 on merit.