Eli injured

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eli injured

Hayes will NEVER get delisted, where do you get this crap from?????? :roll:

He will retire when he is ready.

Delisted - FFS

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Hayes will go again if he stays serious injury free imo. Has a good year next year and he is our next legend to play 300 games. 8-) 8-)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Hayes will NEVER get delisted, where do you get this crap from?????? :roll:

He will retire when he is ready.

Delisted - FFS
I trust that is so with our current coach but not our previous one re Harvs.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We've got Maister, TDL and Milera to delist at the end of year which will help Weller and Eli get promoted.
I imagine Dunell is going to be up against it as well - doesn't look as though he's massively close to a senior game.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

noddy04 wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:I wish him all the best in his recovery. I fell & broke my elbow in mid February, didn't have surgery & am still having problems so I hope the surgery aids in the healing process.

Hi Snoopygirl :) Hope you are getting better......long time no chat :)

Hi Noddy, yes I am getting better. It's my right arm & I have lost a lot of strength in it, so I'm a bit concerned about Eli being able to return any time soon.

noddy04
Club Player

I had a broken arm as a kid and it took a real long time to get back to its right strength. Eli will be stronger player when he returns to the game im sure.

supersaints
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:We've got Maister, TDL and Milera to delist at the end of year which will help Weller and Eli get promoted.
I imagine Dunell is going to be up against it as well - doesn't look as though he's massively close to a senior game.
Apparently BOG for the VFL Sunday, may get a chance soon

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sorry if its been answered already but where was the break.
Was it in his fore arm about half way?
Because I initially thought that's where it was as in actually looked like his fore arm moved a a tiny bit when he got up and held it.
My first thought was he has broke his fore arm but dismissed the thought as the commentator mentioned it looked like a shoulder.
??

chook23
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Sorry if its been answered already but where was the break.
Because I initially thought that's where it was as in actually looked like his fore arm moved a a tiny bit when he got up and held it.
My first thought was he has broke his fore arm but dismissed the thought as the commentator mentioned it looked like a shoulder.
??
above the elbow

could well end his season

saint4life
bergsone
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
matrix wrote:Sorry if its been answered already but where was the break.
??
above the elbow

could well end his season

No doctor but would imagine that to be worse than forarm ? Anyone know

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Here's the latest from the club. Surgery here yesterday, 3-4 months (best case). Worse than a forearm (think of it this way - one BIG bone!)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-2 ... es-surgery

Always loyal
Saint wagga
Club Player

Breaking the humerus is a really bad injury, very unusual from a rotation/twisting type mechanism in footy, more common in oldies. The wierd force and angle that went through to break a young mans arm must have been very unique. Looking at the slomo, it looked like a dislocation of the shoulder may have been more likely...without knowing exactly where the fracture occured. The club have been very vague on detail, i haven't been able to find anywhere as to which part of the humerus was fractured and wheather there was any soft tissue injury at either the shoulder of elbow, but for it to require surgery, the fracture must have been relatively unstable (bad) and looking at the mechanism of injury, it could have caused a spiral type fracture which again would probably lengthen recovery time...I would think absolute best case 3 months, worst 6 months with lots of complications to elbow and or shoulder...UNfortunately, it'll also limit his ability to really streangth that arm (Left) for quite some time...but hopefully it's stable enough with fixation that he can be cycling on a stationary cycle and then running at about the 6-8week mark. Would love some details if anyone is in the know.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Here's the latest from the club. Surgery here yesterday, 3-4 months (best case). Worse than a forearm (think of it this way - one BIG bone!)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-2 ... es-surgery
I hope the poor bugger gets the chance to sit in the coaches box for a game to get the perspective from.the other side. During his rehab he can learn plenty.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.