Sam fisher in the bo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam fisher in the bo

sunsaint wrote:Dennis Commetti said it all
Sam's worried his handicap has dropped to 2

so according to the Cliches king- who makes them up on the run and then repeats them ad nauseum.. we are subjected to one of our players being accused of being disinterested?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Looking for sponsors helping them ,give me a break,The players on Buckleys or Clarksons watch wouldn't dare be caught looking half arsed= The differance 1% all over the club lifts the club to where it needs to be ,it's time to make the whole club look professional only good can come out of it !

PADDLEPOP1000
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:anyone feeling the negative about the Sam's actions - try and have a look at their instagram to see what they were posting?

what we are desperate for as a club is Sponsors

if you check their instagram they were with Sponsors- or possible sponsors-- it's part of the job description of AFL footballers these days... promoting and giving attendance to sponsors..
No sponsors anywhere near them when they were on screen. Just three players. Two of them looking very uninterested. BTW only one pic of sponsors on his Instagram and nowhere near where they were. Same with Sam Gilbert.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe we worry about it so much, says more about us than it does about anyone else….

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Not really ,for to long we have been happy with half arsed people ,it's time !

PADDLEPOP1000
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Its the modern way to stare blankly at an iphone .

Spend 30 mins at any public transport hub and you'll see thousands doing the same thing !

My question would be , how can they afford the super box ?

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Its the modern way to stare blankly at an iphone .

Spend 30 mins at any public transport hub and you'll see thousands doing the same thing !

That's fine and that's what I do on public transport. But I'm a nobody regular Joe not a public figure like any AFL footballer is. When an injured player is at the footy he's on work time and needs to give the perception of giving a Shyte about the game. Maybe saintbrat is right but perception IS reality.

I'm banned from using my mobile during work hours as I'm in a public workspace, so should our players.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Two of the players concerned have IQs that match their jumper numbers. Staring aimlessly at their 'phone when their teammates are engaged in a game seems quite in character.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Two of the players concerned have IQs that match their jumper numbers. Staring aimlessly at their 'phone when their teammates are engaged in a game seems quite in character.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In red white and black from 73
oldie60
Club Player

Its probably a slight over reaction but for what these guys get payed and hearing Rooy and Richo saying that the senior players buy into all that stands for the team it was a pretty poor efort. I rarely go to the football and if i do i don't even take my mobile with me,my son who is eighteen and has it permanently glued to his hand does not even look at it so it really does appear to be a poor effort. Maybe Gilby could have watched and learn't something and as for Fish i think he's far too worried about himself. As much it appears to be trivial why go to the game if you're not interested or don't you believe in supporting you mates?

bozza1980
Club Player

Seriously???

Who cares if two players who could make no impact on the game, were disinterested in watching their team mates get obliterated.

How about we save our outrage for something remotely important.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintbrat wrote:
sunsaint wrote:Dennis Commetti said it all
Sam's worried his handicap has dropped to 2

so according to the Cliches king- who makes them up on the run and then repeats them ad nauseum.. we are subjected to one of our players being accused of being disinterested?
Nope - he didnt pass judgement or infer anything of the sort
I did

Seeya
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:Its the modern way to stare blankly at an iphone .

That's fine and that's what I do on public transport. But I'm a nobody regular Joe not a public figure like any AFL footballer is. When an injured player is at the footy he's on work time and needs to give the perception of giving a Shyte about the game. Maybe saintbrat is right but perception IS reality.

I'm banned from using my mobile during work hours as I'm in a public workspace, so should our players.
Must be the same thing, are you a professional footballer then?

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Perception and professionalism starts at the bottom and filters through the whole club,we have a young group educate them properly from the start on all 1% and it will come!

PADDLEPOP1000
stinger
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Perception and professionalism starts at the bottom and filters through the whole club,we have a young group educate them properly from the start on all 1% and it will come!
don't think nick was too happy having to answer a question about it on this mornings footy show....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Perception and professionalism starts at the bottom and filters through the whole club,we have a young group educate them properly from the start on all 1% and it will come!
don't think nick was too happy having to answer a question about it on this mornings footy show....
Don't blame him

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I thought Fisher's pic in Byron Bay was a little irritating and the phone focus on match day wasn't tops either.
I personally think if you're injured (especially a lot) you should lay low and tick all the boxes until you start showing your worth again. All the while they get paid twice more than your average CEO.
The box seemed short on numbers. Gwilt was indeed the only one watching. Where were the other guys who weren't playing?
Perception is very important.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Don't blame any of them considering the absolute tripe their team mates were serving up on the field.

I would have been doing the exact same thing.

I only saw them in the final quarter when their team mates had given up and would not even compete against the opposition.

Good on them, probably on the phone to their managers seeing if they could get out of this rabble of a club and away from supporters like the know alls on this thread :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote: Perception is very important.
does the same hold for the fans who don't turn up week to week and haven't signed up again this year..
:roll: it's care factor really.

so you have no blame on the media for highlighting it continually, increasing the perception.
but have no idea of what they may have done before or after that moment, during the day or in the lead up to that moment.

where those playing that night would have had light session or warm up, meal and rest there would be every chance those players had undertaken training or rehab sessions prior to making their way to the ground. then been on duty- as shown already to support the club by entertaining sponsors.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
does the same hold for the fans who don't turn up week to week and haven't signed up again this year..

so you have no blame on the media for highlighting it continually, increasing the perception.
but have no idea of what they may have done before or after that moment, during the day or in the lead up to that moment.

where those playing that night would have had light session or warm up, meal and rest there would be every chance those players had undertaken training or rehab sessions prior to making their way to the ground. then been on duty- as shown already to support the club by entertaining sponsors.
Well said.
I think some feel the need to blame

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

Its nothing at all but you really need to stop blaming others. Of course its not the media's fault they had the phones to their face but go with it if it makes you feel better.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

actually Id like to see this generate a policy that all non-selected players who turn up for the main game remain focused on the main game. No mobile phones during the games - they can check them at the breaks if necessary. A complete ban on all social media from 1 hour before the start of the game until 1 hour after the final siren. Stops anyone going off in the heat of the moment.

And I know it may sound draconian, but why wouldn't you expect the players to write up a 1 page report after the game on what worked and what didn't work for their designated position and discuss with their line coach. For example, Fisher could write up his thoughts on the backline, Tom Hickey on the rucks & midfield, Tom Lee on the forwards etc. At least it shows their coaches whether or not they are learning and watching the same things that the coaches want them to focus on.

Would be good to be acknowledged as setting a new high water mark for level of professionalism IMHO.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Zed wrote:actually Id like to see this generate a policy that all non-selected players who turn up for the main game remain focused on the main game. No mobile phones during the games - they can check them at the breaks if necessary. A complete ban on all social media from 1 hour before the start of the game until 1 hour after the final siren. Stops anyone going off in the heat of the moment.

And I know it may sound draconian, but why wouldn't you expect the players to write up a 1 page report after the game on what worked and what didn't work for their designated position and discuss with their line coach. For example, Fisher could write up his thoughts on the backline, Tom Hickey on the rucks & midfield, Tom Lee on the forwards etc. At least it shows their coaches whether or not they are learning and watching the same things that the coaches want them to focus on.

Would be good to be acknowledged as setting a new high water mark for level of professionalism IMHO.
Yeah that worked well for a recent Aus cricket coach!!!

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I can't believe how much over reaction to this.
I saw them on their phones after a goal had been scored, so nothing to be looking at then.

On Saturday night they showed all the richmond players laughing at something as their team was getting crushed, does it make them care any more or less about the team. No because we only saw that one moment in time.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

terry smith rules wrote:
On Saturday night they showed all the richmond players laughing at something as their team was getting crushed,
were they reading chips' tweets?

Seeya