Sidebottom how many weeks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sidebottom how many weeks?

st.byron wrote:
perfectionist wrote:The first decision of the MRP is to decide the type of charge. It could be striking, charging or rough conduct. Strangely, a striking charge is viewed by the current MRP rules as being only ⅔ as bad as the other two. Once, the Sidebottom action could have been any one of the three, but these days, it is most likely to be Rough Conduct, which therefore draws a higher penalty.

The next decision of the MRP is to categorise the "conduct" of the act, a word that really doesn't describe what they mean. They are really talking about player intentions. It ranges from a bit of an accident which should have been avoided through to an outright deliberate act. There are three categories : Negligent, Reckless, Intentional. Clearly, the middle category is by far the most broad. It is hard to see the Sidebottom action as being Intentional, but the fact that he left the ground also suggests that he just wasn't running past the player and going for the ball (as suggested by our coach). So, it should be Reckless.

The next decision of the MRP relates to the severity of the impact. There are, as mentioned in another post, four levels here: Severe, high, medium and low. The question is whether it will be deemed high or medium. The fact that the victim left the ground with concussion and was unable to partake in the remainder of the game would suggest a High impact verdict.

And finally, there is the area of contact, with two categories: body or high/groin. This is the easy one with High contact.

So, an act which is reckless, of high severity and high contact will draw 7 activation points and a level 4 offence. With a rough conduct charge, these leads to 425 demerit points.

Steele Sidebottom's history will determine his sanction in the matter. If he has a good history (no guilty conviction in the last six years) and pleads guilty, then it would be reduced to 239 points and two matches. Apparently, because he has only played for five years plus this season (i.e. less than six), he does not qualify for a good record despite never having been found guilty. This has never seemed fair to me and may well play on the minds of the MRP in accessing the "conduct" of the charge, although it shouldn't. So the best he could do on my scenario, would be to plead down to 319 points and 3 weeks.

Thanks for that Perfectionist. Lays out the process clearly.
You're welcome. And for once, the MRP saw it my way.

Austinnn
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
dragit wrote:Goodes cleared, Wow, didn't see that coming. :shock:
I hope you're being facetious?
As soon as it happened I said to my son that they would find a way to clear him.
Another disgraceful decision based on who you are and not what you did. :evil:
Perhaps Australian of the Year benefits include MRP immunity??
That's why I can't stand Goodes. Another lovechild. Shame all the racist stuff is clouding the real issues with him.

You cant stand Goodes because the MRP dont suspend him. I just cant even slightly understand that. What are the real issues with him by the way?
I think we can easily guess what SP's real issues with Adam Goodes are, though he's probably learnt by now to keep them to himself.

What he claims are 'the real issues' would be interesting to note, I'm confident that they wouldn't be as big a problem were it not for the real issue.

If you catch my drift.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
As soon as it happened I said to my son that they would find a way to clear him.
That's why I can't stand Goodes. Another lovechild. Shame all the racist stuff is clouding the real issues with him.

You cant stand Goodes because the MRP dont suspend him. I just cant even slightly understand that. What are the real issues with him by the way?
I think we can easily guess what SP's real issues with Adam Goodes are, though he's probably learnt by now to keep them to himself.

What he claims are 'the real issues' would be interesting to note, I'm confident that they wouldn't be as big a problem were it not for the real issue.

If you catch my drift.
Goodes is a sniper...often hits players and for other players it would mean a suspension.

And that is all.

And you can go get stuffed if you think it's something else, cause it aint.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Viking3 wrote:

If you catch my drift.

Goodes is a sniper...often hits players and for other players it would mean a suspension.

And that is all.

And you can go get stuffed if you think it's something else, cause it aint.
can you take us through some of those hits... youtube, afl site, articles... any actual proof

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Goodes, Judd & Hodge are all champions and great to watch, but all have been extremely fortunate a number of times at the MRP... Some in their brownlow years.

sippo
Club Player

dragit wrote:Goodes, Judd & Hodge are all champions and great to watch, but all have been extremely fortunate a number of times at the MRP... Some in their brownlow years.

This is 100% spot on, and most supporters from ALL clubs who watch footy know this. Goodes has sniped, AND gone in with the knees previously. How he had no case to answer against Selwood was laughable if was not sooooooooooooooooo predictable.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I'm not a fan of goodes or gouger Judd or hodge - all ex champions who have become 'dirty' in their latter years - but I actually think goodes tried to pull up when saw selwoods head. I honestly do.

Still doesn't make him any more palatable to me but in this case the mrp were correct imo

sippo
Club Player

stevie wrote:I'm not a fan of goodes or gouger Judd or hodge - all ex champions who have become 'dirty' in their latter years - but I actually think goodes tried to pull up when saw selwoods head. I honestly do.

Still doesn't make him any more palatable to me but in this case the mrp were correct imo
Why did he have his elbow high then??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So 3 for sidebottom (down from 4 for early plea)
high contact
high impact
reckless
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 03 Jun 2014 3:55am, edited 1 time in total.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Have to agree with the result, I thought 4 when I saw it. Reduced to 3 is fair enough in this system.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Back to the olden days for Frontbottom

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Back to the olden days for Frontbottom
Bad hat!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Back to the olden days for Frontbottom
Bad hat!
You'll never host Play School!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Goodes, Judd & Hodge are all champions and great to watch, but all have been extremely fortunate a number of times at the MRP... Some in their brownlow years.
They are a bit like possums.

You want them eradicated but some stupid law gives them protection.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.