Is it just too complicated to understand?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Is it just too complicated to understand?

Something that really annoys me and it was mentioned again during the coverage on Saturday by Dimwit Russel...

We did not trade Pick 12 for Tom Lee! Neither did we trade pick 13 for Tom Hickey!

I can't remember what the trades were but overall we traded picks 12 and 13 for Lee, Hickey and 4 draft picks which also netted

Wright
White
Murdoch
Saunders

We got 6 players for 2 picks! Every time I hear someone say that we got Lee for 12 and Hickey for 13 it really p155es me off no end!

Is It just too complicated or hard to understand or if they let the facts get in the way it would ruin their argument?

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Is it just too complicated to understand?

Dwayne Russell is a tool of the highest order and puts the Saints down every chance he gets.He knows exactly what the trade and is not worth the anxiety!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Dwayne Russell is a tool of the highest order and puts the Saints down every chance he gets.He knows exactly what the trade and is not worth the anxiety!
Dwayno rhymes with Draino. And that's where his opinions belong.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They were both VG ideas for trades. I have stated often that we didn't really need to go for another #1 Ruckman with such an investment (we already had one)

I can't remember the specifics of the Hickey Trade though?

But I'd be happy if we took Wright with Pick 12 outright ... So Lee was a bonus

Would have been happy with Ross for pick 20

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

The list manager also mentioned it on future stars over the weekend. It's quite frustrating and unprofessional to continually listen to so called experts get it wrong. Dwayne is so painful it hurts. The 3 callers on fox on Saturday set a new standard that will be hard to top, especially now Roos is now coaching and not commentating. Woeful.

Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:They were both VG ideas for trades. I have stated often that we didn't really need to go for another #1 Ruckman with such an investment (we already had one)

I can't remember the specifics of the Hickey Trade though?

But I'd be happy if we took Wright with Pick 12 outright ... So Lee was a bonus

Would have been happy with Ross for pick 20
My whole world just turned upside down.