Do any of our players read these forums.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do any of our players read these forums.

kimberly saint wrote:
st.byron wrote:Plugger, Mart. Give it a rest. Really, no-one's interested in your ongoing bickering.
]

can the moderators set something up where if plugger post first in a thread b mart can't post in same thread and vice versa. Sick to death of the crap back and forth between these two clogging up the threads

I dont there are rules for that. I wasnt baiting and there was no personal attack and stopped as soon as someone asked me to. Im happy to stop if anyone ask even if they arent mods and as you probably dont rate my posts just put me on ignore. Its pretty easy and I think many have done it. The other option is to skip over our rubbish. It takes about a second but try the ignore first.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Better still, the moderators could change their settings so neither of them could read one another's posts.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kimberly saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
st.byron wrote:Plugger, Mart. Give it a rest. Really, no-one's interested in your ongoing bickering.
]

can the moderators set something up where if plugger post first in a thread b mart can't post in same thread and vice versa. Sick to death of the crap back and forth between these two clogging up the threads

I dont there are rules for that. I wasnt baiting and there was no personal attack and stopped as soon as someone asked me to. Im happy to stop if anyone ask even if they arent mods and as you probably dont rate my posts just put me on ignore. Its pretty easy and I think many have done it. The other option is to skip over our rubbish. It takes about a second but try the ignore first.
mate the problem is you both have bit knowledge on the saints , and i appreciate all the info i can gather living a long long way from victoria. But i start reading ya comments and its another personal war not worth reading just chest beating crap

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
]

mate the problem is you both have bit knowledge on the saints , and i appreciate all the info i can gather living a long long way from victoria. But i start reading ya comments and its another personal war not worth reading just chest beating crap

To be honest I know bugger all about footy. I am a good liar thats all. If you put me on ignore you wont miss much much. Anyway i will try as best I can but i just get riled up with constant criticism of our club.

jamesmc
Club Player

manoffewwords wrote:Yes
yes what?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

The players are instructed not to be involved in any social media about football. Particularly Bigfooty and Saintsational. It's spelt out quite directly. Whether they follow that advice I don't know .

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Who has called a player a retard or spastic?

Fairly big claims
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80275&p=1321845&hil ... d#p1321845

The search function is no more difficult than the quote function.........

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:The players are instructed not to be involved in any social media about football. Particularly Bigfooty and Saintsational. It's spelt out quite directly. Whether they follow that advice I don't know .
May I ask where you came across this information?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I won't be using either.

I didn't post the comment, therefore had no need to back it up?

And if you can work out who I am replying to... Suggest the quote function is nothing more than an annoying, grandstanding function that ends up ruining threads.

Reasonably intelligent humans can work out who a response is aimed at? If they can't, they needn't worry.

Test
Who am I responding to?

Mods reply as follows ... warning issued for refusing to follow forum ettiquate ... if you are unwilling to quote ... simply SPECIFY WHICH POSTER you are replying to!

QUOTATION POLICY

When answering a specific post, the responding poster is encouraged to quote the post or the part of the post to which they are referencing, otherwise they must specify which poster they are referencing in the response.

Failure to identify the post or poster being addressed is considered a breach of forum etiquette and repeated failure will result in a Saintsational warning.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
tony74 wrote:The players are instructed not to be involved in any social media about football. Particularly Bigfooty and Saintsational. It's spelt out quite directly. Whether they follow that advice I don't know .

100% true.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:
A friend of a friend of a friends sister who once went out with a brother of a rookie. :shock: :shock: :shock:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
A friend of a friend of a friends sister who once went out with a brother of a rookie. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sure it wasn't a wookie?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Sure it wasn't a wookie?
*wookiee

But that still got a laugh out of me.

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

100% true.
Did you also have connections with the wookiee?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
satchmo wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Sure it wasn't a wookie?
*wookiee

But that still got a laugh out of me.

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

100% true.
Did you also have connections with the wookiee?

I am a wookiee.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

100% true.
The club has always been concerned with Saintsational and the potential 'impact' or the bitching or spreading of plain lies from inside out.

Westaway was weirdly concerned with this forum and some of the posters being related to previous coaches or admin. I found it weird at the time considering it was just a fan forum, nothing more and nothing less.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

100% true.
The club has always been concerned with Saintsational and the potential 'impact' or the bitching or spreading of plain lies from inside out.

Westaway was weirdly concerned with this forum and some of the posters being related to previous coaches or admin. I found it weird at the time considering it was just a fan forum, nothing more and nothing less.
If we was that concerned he should have had the club start its own forum on their official website as an alternative to Saintsational. I remember the chat forum on the official website which started about 15 years ago. There was some good discussion on there back in the day. Of course not to say this place has been generally very good. It really thrived throughout the GT and RL years, didn't it?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

100% true.

Sorry redeemer but this isn't strictly true. It was the complete opposite during the Rod / Grant period. This site and the Moorrabbin Wing prospered with their support. The forum was full of fact, analysis, humour and some gossip back then. Some critical of the players too. But the players were always warned to stay away for several reasons! However Rod / Grant and key management were on this site incognito or supported this site at that stage. They used it as their unofficial communication vehicle to the fans.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

100% true.

Sorry redeemer but this isn't strictly true. It was the complete opposite during the Rod / Grant period. This site and the Moorrabbin Wing prospered with their support. The forum was full of fact, analysis, humour and some gossip back then. Some critical of the players too. But the players were always warned to stay away for several reasons! However Rod / Grant and key management were on this site incognito or supported this site at that stage. They used it as their unofficial communication vehicle to the fans.
I wasn't aware of Rod Butterss posting here. Interesting. I certainly know GT did. About 18 months ago he started a thread. It lasted for a couple of weeks. It was great with him answering everyone's questions. He was even very diplomatic with his biggest critics. He said there was a chance for him to continue posting, but unfortunately he didn't. Would love to know his views on our progress this year and how he'd go about this rebuild phase. He was certainly instrumental in a rebuild over his own prior to 2004.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Better still, the moderators could change their settings so neither of them could read one another's posts.
Sorry. We cannot do that. However P66 and BM can FOE each other if they want.

From memory they have both been warned for baiting each other in the past few days.

They may be well advised to consider the FOE button.

Both should also carefully read the rules re TROLLS.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Better still, the moderators could change their settings so neither of them could read one another's posts.

From memory they have both been warned for baiting each other in the past few days.

Thanks you for that. Glad you told everyone else because St Byron didnt sort it out with common sense. Well actually I thought he did.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:

These idle threats should not be made and especially in public, they just inflame a situation. They are either breaking the rules or they aren't. If you insist on making these outrageous public threats why don't you at least use your manners and do it via a PM.

Also can you explain how you think P66 and BM are breaching the Troll rule. Clearly they are not Trolls. It just goes to prove you abusing your self appointed power by using the extremely grey areas of the rules to support your agenda to rid the site of posters you label toxic.

If you don't want to read a conversation between posters it is very simple to do so, if you want to join in and have a crack at the posters then have a go, and some people may even enjoy the theatrics so they can chose to read it.

You don't have to bloody exterminate them BFUSA because of your own personal agenda against them. If they aren't breaking the rules just let it be. Geez!

Joffa 5
Club Player

jamesmc wrote:
yes what?
he is a man of few words... that's all you get 8-)

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
yes what?
he is a man of few words... that's all you get 8-)
Sir?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

These idle threats should not be made and especially in public, they just inflame a situation. They are either breaking the rules or they aren't. If you insist on making these outrageous public threats why don't you at least use your manners and do it via a PM.

Also can you explain how you think P66 and BM are breaching the Troll rule. Clearly they are not Trolls. It just goes to prove you abusing your self appointed power by using the extremely grey areas of the rules to support your agenda to rid the site of posters you label toxic.

If you don't want to read a conversation between posters it is very simple to do so, if you want to join in and have a crack at the posters then have a go, and some people may even enjoy the theatrics so they can chose to read it.

You don't have to bloody exterminate them BFUSA because of your own personal agenda against them. If they aren't breaking the rules just let it be. Geez!

hilarious imfo......people should be careful what they wish for.....some posters bitched and moaned because in their view the site wasn't be properly moderated.......

now it is...they bitch and moan about that very fact........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

@the previous hilarious posterer
regardless of your sago pudding , which way does the wind blow today style pronouncements ... Cairnsman is correct.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.