Gia takes out someone else

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gia takes out someone else

parky wrote:Taking out the Gia dog/not dog argument the thing that's always astounded me is that the incident was used from
that day forward to whack Kosi about his coordination. Yet every time I've seen that vision (including looking straight
down that wing on the day) I see the end result of 2 players being knocked out. Forgetting everything else, Gia should have
been equally condemned for the execution of his "skill" and exposing himself to injury.
I think though that if Kosi had of slightly braced for the contact, which is probably what Gia was expecting… their heads might not have clashed, or at least not as hard.

I don't think Lenny was trying to knock Coniglio out when he tackled him clumsily this pre-season either…

I guess that's why they are basically out-lawing bumps that can lead to head clashes, if you elect to perform a bump, it has to be spot on these days.

kimberly saint
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Beno88 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:That hit on Kosi was an unfortunate head clash that Kosi should have seen coming. He will go for this one though. Lined him up and took him high and late.
Some people really need go and watch this incident again.
two matches...fair enough....mongrel dog ..imho

Wats your opinions on byron pickett carrier , or scott burns hit on j brown , yeates on dermi . These blokes picked of guys who had eyes on the footy, kosi was chasing a player down the wing who had the footy, surely he may had bit of awareness he may been shepherded by op player. Must be hell lot Mongrel dogs in the VFL / AFL in your eyes , or maybe mongrel dog is not much of a insult to yourself. Watch out for the shadows

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
stinger wrote:
Beno88 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:That hit on Kosi was an unfortunate head clash that Kosi should have seen coming. He will go for this one though. Lined him up and took him high and late.

Wats your opinions on byron pickett carrier , or scott burns hit on j brown , yeates on dermi . These blokes picked of guys who had eyes on the footy, kosi was chasing a player down the wing who had the footy, surely he may had bit of awareness he may been shepherded by op player. Must be hell lot Mongrel dogs in the VFL / AFL in your eyes , or maybe mongrel dog is not much of a insult to yourself. Watch out for the shadows
I reckon Kosi might have expected to be shepherded if Gia had come from in front of him, or even from the side.
BUT FROM BEHIND?

Also, when did 'the shepherd' get replaced by 'the bump'?
One was designed to stop an opponent from catching your teammate (shepherd)
The other was designed to inflict damage on an opponent (bump)

I agree that I don't think Gia intended to 'crack' Kosi's skull, but I believe he intended to lay a heavy bump on him and inflict some 'hurt'.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
stinger wrote:
Beno88 wrote:

I reckon Kosi might have expected to be shepherded if Gia had come from in front of him, or even from the side.
BUT FROM BEHIND?

I agree that I don't think Gia intended to 'crack' Kosi's skull, but I believe he intended to lay a heavy bump on him and inflict some 'hurt'.

As the silly rules allowed then.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
stinger wrote:
Beno88 wrote:

BUT FROM BEHIND?

As the silly rules allowed then.
Yes,
But let's not put Gia up on a pedestal because the rules allowed him to 'pick off' an unsuspecting player.
It just shows that years after he 'took out' Kosi he's still capable of that type of 'heroic' act.

And the really crazy thing was the rule wasn't changed after this incident with Kosi.
I believe it was when Trent West 'took out' an unsuspecting Xavier Clarke that the rule was finally changed?