Jack Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Jack Billings

8856brother wrote:I normally don't take the bait, but are some of you clowns for real. He won a nomination 2 weeks ago kicking at 100%. Yes 100% for you arse clowns having a dig at his kicking. So he kicked a few points today. Lets trade him. I haven't even seen the game today, but I bet he was in the best again as a 19 year old. :roll: :roll:
No delist him, at seasons end, he hasn't won us a premiership this year. :roll:

I mean isn't that what everyone expects?

I remembers bj being bagged out like this as well, and Lenny.

Billings has class all written all over him, and comparing him after a handful of games to others is idiocy at the highest levels.

You are garbage - Enough said
oldie60
Club Player

Its unfortunate this thread has gone this way as it initially was trying to compare where Jack is in comparison to Bontempelli and Salem.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:Its unfortunate this thread has gone this way as it initially was trying to compare where Jack is in comparison to Bontempelli and Salem.
He's shitting all over Salam and on par with Bonty.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Streets ahead of Salem
Bont has had two fantastic games in a row which is a great effort
I'm backing our boy in to be the best.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
oldie60 wrote:Its unfortunate this thread has gone this way as it initially was trying to compare where Jack is in comparison to Bontempelli and Salem.
Better than both in my opinion wand will be an absolute star

sainters85
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
sainters85 wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on him so far? I know its pretty early and it's his first season but imo he hasn't look promising for a "no.3 pick" I'm sure he'll be a good player in the future but look at Christian Salem and Marcus Bontempelli who is a star..
Did you actually watch his game today?

In a very poor team he did all the right things. Ran to right spots at the right time. Took a good mark. The only ting that spoilt his game today was his kicking was not as good as it normally is. So we know that is not an ongoing problem.

HF is a hard place to play. When your team is getting thumped it is a bad position to be playing. As it is he gained 20 disposals. Joey was midfield and only got 13.

Kid oozes class.
Nah, don't have foxtel, only the radio lol.. unfortunately couldnt be at the match today.. good to hear he had a good game

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Better than both in my opinion wand will be an absolute star
Certainly an argument for Billings. Both been very good. Actually all the teams that got Aish, Kolojdashnji, Kelly, Billings and Bontempelli will be very happy so far.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
sainters85 wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on him so far? I know its pretty early and it's his first season but imo he hasn't look promising for a "no.3 pick" I'm sure he'll be a good player in the future but look at Christian Salem and Marcus Bontempelli who is a star..

In a very poor team he did all the right things. Ran to right spots at the right time. Took a good mark. The only ting that spoilt his game today was his kicking was not as good as it normally is. So we know that is not an ongoing problem.

HF is a hard place to play. When your team is getting thumped it is a bad position to be playing. As it is he gained 20 disposals. Joey was midfield and only got 13.

Kid oozes class.
Nah, don't have foxtel, only the radio lol.. unfortunately couldnt be at the match today.. good to hear he had a good game
Is your judgment based on listening to games on the wireless, or have you actually seen him play?

8856brother wrote:
sainters85 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Kid oozes class.
Is your judgment based on listening to games on the wireless, or have you actually seen him play?
Yeah I've seen him play at the match and on tele, saw him in his best game against Essendon and that really good game he had a couple of weeks ago against WC

saintjake
Club Player

God damn. People on here have such short memory's. Just tonight I've read posts about how none of our young guys look like becoming the next dal/Goddard/Montagna ect ect.

Goddard was one of the sookiest and softest players when he was young and was looking like a complete rubbish number 1 pick.
2010 was when he really found some serious form and consistency. He was good before then obviously. But that's really when he came to be a star.

Montagna was pretty rubbish early on. Soft outside inconsistent runner.

Kids need bloody time. They aren't just going to come out and be fantastic.

Last week the kid had 25 touches at 100% and kicked goals.
And now people are questioning him.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Some of the comments in this thread are solid evidence that the availability of illicit drugs in this country is at a very concerning level.

Have we seriously got people suggesting that an 18 year old kid after a dozen games in the forward line of a team getting routinely smashed by over 12 goals is a bad number 3 draft selection, despite racking up 23 disposals a week ago at 100% DE ???

There are some serious flogs inhabiting this joint. You should all pray like hell that we can convince this kid to stay with us after the end of next year.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
linz
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:We needed an elite midfielder he will never be that!

We needed outside & break away speed he wont provide that.

He will be a good forward however, similiar to Nathan BrowTt but not the midfielder the Saints hoped he would be....
Far too early to surmise that. A few summers in the gym (or 1 summer if he was at Essendon) will make him a different player.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
SMS
Club Player

hes got something special ... not sure what though. could be great. He has vision and wilol no doubt be a great player for us

damienc
Club Player

We have many, many, many problems. But I am absolutely certain Jack Billings isn't one of them. He is good now. He will be even better in the future.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I'm happy with him, if we chose one of the other guys, billings wouldn't be in a uncompetitive team and we would all be saying " maybe we should have picked that guy ", he would shine in other teams whose % isn't 50%.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Just saw he is our 2nd highest goal scorer.....with 12. Next is 10 (Stanley).

Roo the only one kicking over 1 goal a game with 37.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote: Roo the only one kicking over 1 goal a game with 37.
That is because we've gone to him 126 times this season with Stanley the next most frequent at 39

falka
Club Player

In my opinion this thread is a disgrace

First year, no preseason, missed most of 2013, and is playing in worst team as a forward!

He is a gun and will make people look very silly, but what would you expect from the morons on this page.

This site is now full of wanker sooks who can F*** off as far as I am concerned.

Billings in a top 4 team would easily be the best prospect from the draft.

Think a few people need to log off for a few years, this site is depressingly sad.

lewdogs
Club Player

Pathetic thread. Billings will be a star.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

lewdogs wrote:Pathetic thread. Billings will be a star.
This.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:
This.
Agree. Focus on the multitude of issues which he isn't

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Beno88 wrote:
This.
Agree. Focus on the multitude of issues which he isn't
Incredibly that one of our tiny positives for the year is the focus of attention for critisism.

God some supporters are really sad.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i"m happy with our pick.....the one bright spot of the year....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gosaints
Club Player

falka wrote:In my opinion this thread is a disgrace

First year, no preseason, missed most of 2013, and is playing in worst team as a forward!

He is a gun and will make people look very silly, but what would you expect from the morons on this page.

This site is now full of wanker sooks who can F*** off as far as I am concerned.

Billings in a top 4 team would easily be the best prospect from the draft.

Think a few people need to log off for a few years, this site is depressingly sad.
I'm glad someone said it!! This KID had a seriously interrupted preseason after playing bugger all footy in 2013. He is now being asked to play as a small forward in the worst team in the league.
Despite all that he has been in our best handful of players, a shining light in a pretty dark period.

Surely most have watched enough footy to understand that his limited preseason and fitness levels have hampered his kicking skills.

He will be a star. What he is doing at the moment is remarkable.

lloyd21
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

Kid oozes class.

8-) Agree with you personally he will be fine.

Jack Steven is more the worry making heaps of mistakes ..basic kicking always rushed never gets composed (this year) handballs over teammates heads (panics )

Really needs to work really hard on ( kicking skills ) next 12 months (slowing the kicking process down making sure he hit's target )