Ameet Bains promoted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Ameet Bains promoted

According to the age

St Kilda promote Ameet Bains, and bolster their off-field team
July 24, 2014 - 2:42PM

One of the first appointment by new St Kilda CEO Matt Finnis, left, was Peta Searle as an assistant coach, June 2nd. Photo: Peta Searle
Share Adjust font size Read Later
By EMMA QUAYLE
St Kilda’s off-field revamp under new chief executive Matt Finnis is continuing, with the club promoting list manager Ameet Bains onto the club’s executive as chief operating officer.

While Bains will continue to negotiate player contracts and manage the club’s salary cap as part of the list management committee, he will move away from recruiting to take on the new role.

A former lawyer, Bains joined St Kilda ahead of the 2011 season and has played a major part in restructuring the club’s total player payment model and overseeing its recruiting.

As part of his new role he will manage the club’s New Zealand strategy, the redevelopment of Moorabbin and the club’s VFL alignment structure.

He will also oversee AFL related matters such as equalisation, compliance, integrity and fixturing, with his position to sit alongside the club’s head of football, head of commercial operations and others on the club’s executive.

Bains will continue working with the recruiting team, which will likely have the first or second pick in this year's national draft, for the rest of the year.

“Ameet will retain some of his responsibilities in football, because a lot of those areas are growing in terms of their importance - integrity, compliance, salary cap - and we’ll continue to use his legal skills in contract negotiation,” said Finnis.

“With Ameet we feel like we have someone with a pretty unique skill set, and what that allows us to do is maintain his responsibilities in those key areas, but use his skills in other parts of the business as well.”

Finnis recruited Christine Finnegan from the Melbourne Rebels as his new chief commercial operations officer in May, with a new appointment, Emmeline McIlroy, to soon join the club as its head of people and culture.

Finnis is also in the market for a head of communications and digital media, and planning to bring the Saints’ media and digital content staff together under that person

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
savatage
SS Life Member

Re: Ameet Bains promoted

Good work Ameet. Very well deserved.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

good to see a good Indian boy do well at the club :)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:good to see a good Indian boy do well at the club :)

Whats his race got to do with anything?

Couldn't care if his was black, brown or brindal, if he is from Indian, Syrian, English, or Chilean descent.

if the guy has the ability to do the job, thats all i need to know.

You are garbage - Enough said
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:good to see a good Indian boy do well at the club :)

Whats his race got to do with anything?

Couldn't care if his was black, brown or brindal, if he is from Indian, Syrian, English, or Chilean descent.

if the guy has the ability to do the job, thats all i need to know.
calm down i am of indian decent myself so im glad to see one of my fellow people doing well at the club ... not a lot of indian people in the AFL community especially after Daniel Kerr retired ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

70s sainter
Club Player

Ha ha
Good on ya St Trav.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

that was a good read.
decisions made , reasons for , benefits expected.

Go Sainters.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Principle of Q'uo wrote:that was a good read.
decisions made , reasons for , benefits expected.

Go Sainters.
A refreshing change from every article printed about our administration in 2013.

However will we cope if we are not a rabble?

Always loyal
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Thankfully , i believe S.F.
'n thankfully as we do cope.

(it'd be good for me personally .. this club has frustrated me
to the point of becoming an old person)
... might help me relax a bit more.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Good work Ameet. Very well deserved.
True...but lets hope our recruiting does not go backward....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
PJ
SS Life Member

We look to have bolstered our off field team but I'm not sure we've bolstered our recruiting team which at this stage of our development should be an absolutely non negotiable.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm with Bunk, race should have sweet FA to do with the appointment. Good on Ameet because he's damned good at what he does- PERIOD!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with Bunk, race should have sweet FA to do with the appointment. Good on Ameet because he's damned good at what he does- PERIOD!
St Trav already explained why he was happy to see an Indian in the job.

I hope supporting Australia at the World Cup or Adam Scott at the British Open is not seen as racist.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with Bunk, race should have sweet FA to do with the appointment. Good on Ameet because he's damned good at what he does- PERIOD!

I hope supporting Australia at the World Cup or Adam Scott at the British Open is not seen as racist.
Que?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Some just like to complain

Too much pent up b1tch1ness... Needs to come out

minneapolis
Club Player

Hi Savatage,

not having a go at you but why is it well deserved? I don't know anything about him.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ameet is an absolute sporting nut. He's a friend of a friend although I don't know him.

Rapt we've pushed him up and not lost him to another club.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Ameet is an absolute sporting nut. He's a friend of a friend although I don't know him.

His new job requires no knowledge of sport. I hope he is a business nut because thats far more important. By the way didnt the club say when they got rid of Dillon they werent having this position anymore. Anyone remember that?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
Hi Savatage,

not having a go at you but why is it well deserved? I don't know anything about him.
Yeah I pondered the same question. Usually promotions are given based on qualifications, experience, proven track record and/or significant achievements, report said he oversaw major restructuring of TPP so maybe that was it plus existing qualifications.

Looks like all they've done is taken him away from recruiting and given him a few extra responsibilities and a new title but no mention of how the recruiting department is now structured up? Did I miss that?

Does anyone know how the recruitment department is structured up now?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

he must understand the Pelicans SpreadSheet.
... thats gotta be a bonus.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:

I already knew St trav is from Indian descent. And where did ANYBODY accuse anyone of racism?

I just want the individual whom has been selected get the job on merit, regardless of race.

I dont feel the need to acknowledge every appointment made to someone of Irish descent every time they get appointed to something.

This is not a go at St.Trav BTW, but Indians, like every other ethnic group in Australia makes up the fabric of our great land REGARDLESS of where they are from.

IMHO we dont need to be reminded of skin colour, or race, or religious group or sexuality every time someone does something.

Anyway, in case this gets into some kind of racial slanging match which is definately not my intention, I will just say, that to me Bains skin colour, or ethnicity, or sexuality or religion is not an issue.

his ability to do the job is.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Ameet is an absolute sporting nut. He's a friend of a friend although I don't know him.

His new job requires no knowledge of sport. I hope he is a business nut because thats far more important. By the way didnt the club say when they got rid of Dillon they werent having this position anymore. Anyone remember that?
Those were my thoughts exactly. Dillon was the COO and they sacked him because the position was scrapped, together with Wakelin's position, and merged into the new position under the woman from the Rebels. So why do we now have a new COO? I would really like this explained, and it is bewildering why the media have such a short memory as to not even ask this question.

I also agree with the questions people are posing about why we are removing a key person from our recruiting team at this time of our development? And who is going to fill this void?

Lot's of questions and no answers.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

I already knew St trav is from Indian descent. And where did ANYBODY accuse anyone of racism?

I just want the individual whom has been selected get the job on merit, regardless of race.

I dont feel the need to acknowledge every appointment made to someone of Irish descent every time they get appointed to something.

This is not a go at St.Trav BTW, but Indians, like every other ethnic group in Australia makes up the fabric of our great land REGARDLESS of where they are from.

IMHO we dont need to be reminded of skin colour, or race, or religious group or sexuality every time someone does something.

Anyway, in case this gets into some kind of racial slanging match which is definately not my intention, I will just say, that to me Bains skin colour, or ethnicity, or sexuality or religion is not an issue.

his ability to do the job is.
sorry guys didnt want to make an issue of this .. i meant it in a way like when a boy from someones local footy club gets drafted and they are glad to see them apointed ..

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
sorry guys didnt want to make an issue of this .. i meant it in a way like when a boy from someones local footy club gets drafted and they are glad to see them apointed ..
No need to be sorry St.Trav, I think it is nore ofa misunderstanding than anything, that is probably magnified over the internet.

I would love to see more Aussies of Indian descent in the AFL, like I would love to see more S-E Asians, Arabs, Kiwis, Americans etc.

So dont think I was rebuking you, it was more my opinion that was probably badly articulated.

cheers

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:

why would it be and what is your point........everyone living here should support this country....even those that don't have their hand out all the time....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.