Go Brisbane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Go Brisbane

whiskers3614 wrote:Reckon the injectors are paying BJ a fair bit more than Jobe!

No idea. Dont get your point though. Jobe is an Essendon person where as BJ was a Saint and needed more money to become a Don.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Reckon the injectors are paying BJ a fair bit more than Jobe!

No idea. Dont get your point though. Jobe is an Essendon person where as BJ was a Saint and needed more money to become a Don.
You use what other clubs were prepared to pay as a justification for paying what we did for that dog Lovett.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You use what other clubs were prepared to pay as a justification for paying what we did for that dog Lovett.

Now i get even less of your point. Im not justifying whay Essendon are paying what they are to BJ im just telling you that to leave a club you usually get more than those who stay at clubs. BJ jad one one B&F and that was after Jobe got injured. jobe has won 3 plus a brownlow.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

It doesn't matter where the best player was taken in previous drafts, I would rather play the odds.
Put it this way; if the best player comes from the top 5 players in the draft, I would rather have 5 players to pick from than 4, I would rather 4 players to pick than 3 etc. fact is you can't pick the best player if they are no longer on the board.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

His name is Watson. And 'his' Brownlow will hopefully be soon marked like this: *

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

go the Crows

just because Collngwood and Carlton out of the 8 would be great

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Now THAT I can go along with! :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:It doesn't matter where the best player was taken in previous drafts, I would rather play the odds.
Put it this way; if the best player comes from the top 5 players in the draft, I would rather have 5 players to pick from than 4, I would rather 4 players to pick than 3 etc. fact is you can't pick the best player if they are no longer on the board.

So bottom is the best spot? That means you actually want us to probably lose this week. Sorry I dont.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad we lost the Grand Final in '09. I don't think Essendon would have taken pick 17 for Lovett.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WOW! deep!!!!!! Profound!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Now THAT is SOME conspiracy theory! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:stop sooking about another spoon ffs

st kilda have the most spoons in vfl afl history
who cares
pic one gets you the choice to pick first and get the best player that suits your requirements
pick two doesnt
if you end up with pick one then brilliant stuff
if you dont then oh well pick two is second best

good lord crying over finishing bottom
who cares
think of the future
I Agree matrix, crocodile tears here...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Now i get even less of your point. Im not justifying whay Essendon are paying what they are to BJ im just telling you that to leave a club you usually get more than those who stay at clubs. BJ jad one one B&F and that was after Jobe got injured. jobe has won 3 plus a brownlow.
I don't think B&Fs are a good measure of how good a player is. Andrew Swallow has won 3 already but I reckon he'd be lucky to be in the best 5 players from the 05 draft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Now i get even less of your point. Im not justifying whay Essendon are paying what they are to BJ im just telling you that to leave a club you usually get more than those who stay at clubs. BJ jad one one B&F and that was after Jobe got injured. jobe has won 3 plus a brownlow.
I don't think B&Fs are a good measure of how good a player is. Andrew Swallow has won 3 already but I reckon he'd be lucky to be in the best 5 players from the 05 draft.

Brownlow goes Ok. And still rate B&F. How would you decide who is better apart from just opinion?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:I don't think B&Fs are a good measure of how good a player is. Andrew Swallow has won 3 already but I reckon he'd be lucky to be in the best 5 players from the 05 draft.
Brownlow goes Ok. And still rate B&F. How would you decide who is better apart from just opinion?
Not sure you can do it objectively. All-Australian selections and Brownlows are both pretty solid measures for mids. 2 AAs each and Jobe has the medal so I agree he's better. I just don't think B&Fs make sense. That penalises every Saints player of the past decade for being around Roo and Lenny. Fisher would have won four if he'd ended up at Richmond.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:I don't think B&Fs are a good measure of how good a player is. Andrew Swallow has won 3 already but I reckon he'd be lucky to be in the best 5 players from the 05 draft.
Not sure you can do it objectively. All-Australian selections and Brownlows are both pretty solid measures for mids. 2 AAs each and Jobe has the medal so I agree he's better. I just don't think B&Fs make sense. That penalises every Saints player of the past decade for being around Roo and Lenny. Fisher would have won four if he'd ended up at Richmond.

But maybe Fisher would not have. He may have been worse at a poorer side. Plugger played in some ordinary sides at the saints but only won one B&F. Sort of goes against my arguement but also proves you dont win more because you are in a poorer side. There isnt many other methods for saying who is a better player but I get your point. Anyway I stand by my comment that I think only Rooy has clearly been the best player as the number one pick and that the number one pick doesnt mean you will get the best player. It certainly helps but I would rather win next week.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But maybe Fisher would not have. He may have been worse at a poorer side. Plugger played in some ordinary sides at the saints but only won one B&F. Sort of goes against my arguement but also proves you dont win more because you are in a poorer side. There isnt many other methods for saying who is a better player but I get your point. Anyway I stand by my comment that I think only Rooy has clearly been the best player as the number one pick and that the number one pick doesnt mean you will get the best player. It certainly helps but I would rather win next week.

i agree but I would mean you get to pick what want from the entire draft. Sometimes you don't want to take the third best player because you have plenty of that type which means you can screw it up. I would personally like Petracca and he could go anywhere from 1st to 4th you would think depending on the way the teams finish. melbourne and GWS would take Petracca I would think as the look to beef up in areas they ae still building. St Kilda, Brisbane and Bulldogs probably all need forwards and mids. brissy get Hammelmann free from the academy though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

i agree but I would mean you get to pick what want from the entire draft. Sometimes you don't want to take the third best player because you have plenty of that type which means you can screw it up. I would personally like Petracca and he could go anywhere from 1st to 4th you would think depending on the way the teams finish. melbourne and GWS would take Petracca I would think as the look to beef up in areas they ae still building. St Kilda, Brisbane and Bulldogs probably all need forwards and mids. brissy get Hammelmann free from the academy though.

A few simple questions. Do you want to win this week? Or would you rather lose and get pick one? And how does anyone get a player for free through the academy?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

A few simple questions. Do you want to win this week? Or would you rather lose and get pick one? And how does anyone get a player for free through the academy?
Well it's not free but a free hit at a player. He would be a start of second round pick and they will get him with their third round pick. That's a bonus. I'm not sure how I feel about winning this week. Either way I will be happy. I was happy to beat Freo but was ruing the loss of pick one.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Swallow is crap

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:Not sure you can do it objectively. All-Australian selections and Brownlows are both pretty solid measures for mids. 2 AAs each and Jobe has the medal so I agree he's better. I just don't think B&Fs make sense. That penalises every Saints player of the past decade for being around Roo and Lenny. Fisher would have won four if he'd ended up at Richmond.
Plugger won two, didn't he? 87 and 91.

Anyway, I think we basically agree. Not many number ones have been clear standouts ahead of the next couple of picks. Would much rather the kids learn how to win from the champs while they still can than tank for marginal benefit.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

God_Nel wrote:Gee, this bloke is a fantastic kick, does anyone know where he came from? ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-07-26/ ... ster-roost
always been a good kick ...think he won the sun kick once.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
lewdogs
Club Player

To be perfectly honest, I would like to see us flog the s*** out of Gold Coast this week and I'm happy to give up pick one in doing so.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

+1 :D

sMarty_saints
Club Player

me too...coz I will be there and hopefully see a win!!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

GO Saints! GO!