We probably won't get the No.1 Pick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: We probably won't get the No.1 Pick

wally wrote:I agree stevie,Taylor seems a good pickup at 27 or 28,I think that its also important that that our draft picks are ready/able to play senior footy straight up.
Why? We got there of those last year and still finished on the bottom. I think more important is to get the kids who will end up being the best players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 7013360739

I'm no expert but my gut feel is Petracca is the low risk option.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pick 1 coming up

good
who cares about a spoon
we have the most anyway, everyone in the footy world has always thought we were a rabble so theres no harm done to any culture look about us
get the spoon, get first crack at whatever player fits that we need nad move on

look at it this way
we couldnt draft any worse than whats been served up in the last 10 years
lets face it we did ok in the last draft
and the last time we had pick one we got ourselves a (future) 300 game friggin champion club player

go the spoon i say and bring on pick 1

lewdogs
Club Player

Watched some footage of McCartin recently. Now obviously as we all say, I'm no expert. But, I thought there were some warning signs.

His kicking for goal looks very poor.

He doesn't look that agile. Obviously a great mark, but in todays game it's just as important to be dominant at ground level as well. At his height, I'd like him to be a bit more mobile.

Just a couple of things I noticed, and think Petracca would be a safer bet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:pick 1 coming up

good
who cares about a spoon
we have the most anyway, everyone in the footy world has always thought we were a rabble so theres no harm done to any culture look about us
get the spoon, get first crack at whatever player fits that we need nad move on

look at it this way
we couldnt draft any worse than whats been served up in the last 10 years
lets face it we did ok in the last draft
and the last time we had pick one we got ourselves a (future) 300 game friggin champion club player

go the spoon i say and bring on pick 1

Do you want to win the last 4 games? I certainly do.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I just think Petracca might not be Chris Judd - but there is a very good chance he will be a very good reliable player.
We need to play the %es.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Melbourne apparently also very very keen on Petracca, as are GWS... Will be very interesting to see the Melb v GWS match next week, as may very well decide who gets him... In that, if we do hold the no.1 pick, would Melbourne swap their 2 first rounders (2+3 or 3+4 with Frawley compo) for the certainty of Petracca for pick one?.. Reckon it's worth floating the idea to them, see if they blink, otherwise take the mid ourselves, call their bluff..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Melbourne apparently also very very keen on Petracca, as are GWS... Will be very interesting to see the Melb v GWS match next week, as may very well decide who gets him... In that, if we do hold the no.1 pick, would Melbourne swap their 2 first rounders (2+3 or 3+4 with Frawley compo) for the certainty of Petracca for pick one?.. Reckon it's worth floating the idea to them, see if they blink, otherwise take the mid ourselves, call their bluff..

Not this decade or any other decade. 3 and 4 for one. never.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Melbourne apparently also very very keen on Petracca, as are GWS... Will be very interesting to see the Melb v GWS match next week, as may very well decide who gets him... In that, if we do hold the no.1 pick, would Melbourne swap their 2 first rounders (2+3 or 3+4 with Frawley compo) for the certainty of Petracca for pick one?.. Reckon it's worth floating the idea to them, see if they blink, otherwise take the mid ourselves, call their bluff..

Yes but it is Melbourne.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes but it is Melbourne.

Dont know what that means but last year they got a great trade when they got Tyson and pick 9 for pick 2.

Richter
SS Life Member

What about 2 (or 3) and 22 (23) for #1?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes but it is Melbourne.

Dont know what that means but last year they got a great trade when they got Tyson and pick 9 for pick 2.
Oh ok yep, I guess you've proved my tongue in cheek comment wrong about Melbourne great draft and trade history.

lewdogs
Club Player

Trading out the no.1 pick hasn't happened too often. And when it has it's made that club look pretty stupid in hindsight if my memory serves.

PJ
SS Life Member

Chances of us winning this weekend I'd say are reasonably good and there's an outside chance of us grabbing another win. Won't hold my breath but the win over Freo was gold and changed my demeanour considerably.

My guess is we'll end up with pick #2 and if GWS have the #1 i'd be looking to trade it for a player and top 20 pick.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.