Cheersquad-CRISIS POINT? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

Re: Cheersquad-CRISIS POINT? !!

Import all the Southampton members in England and put them behind the cheersquad and get them singing.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Is that right?
Because I can't do it myself I should just shut my trap and watch my club curl up and die? Right enough.
I didn't meant to hurt your feelings btw, sorry if I did.

Austinnn
Club Player

dragit wrote:Saying…
Austinnn wrote:2) We need to go to games, and cheer and create a mad atmosphere that is ELECTRIC and INFECTIOUS. The sort of support that someone might see on TV or games and think "That looks like fun, I want to be part of that!"
doesn't mean anything.

I'm just not sure if someone on the internet telling you to go and be more passionate, support louder & go mad does anything?

I don't know what the answers are to be honest. How do we achieve that atmosphere?
You're right, actions speak louder than words. I suppose I'll leave it in Charles Darwin's hands. If there's enough Saints fans around that give enough of a s*** what happens to their club and are prepared to fight for it, then their actions will inspire a new generation.

If everyone just sits about moaning about how s*** it is now or how things were so much more pure and fantastic in the old days, then St Kilda will eventually be just a memory and a what is a club without fans anyway? What's the point of it's existence? It's not enough to just serve the needs of a dying tribe or the passive modern fan like me sat on a computer checking the scores, never going to games, St Kilda Football Club should not be in the AFL if that's all it stands for. If all fans were in my situation, I'd be happy for the club to shut up shop.

So all I'm trying to do is somehow encourage or motivate enough people who CAN get to home games to lead by example and LIVE like a supporter in an active way, not a passive way. Even better, inspire someone to organise a coherent movement that more passive supporters can be motivated by. It just takes a little organisation and a little bit of craziness. Unfortunately it's usually one or the other...

But if no-one bothers, so be it. It seems to me that people want to do something but they don't know what, so why not try my ideas or the great suggestions from other posters in this thread?
If you don't know what the answer is, try ours:

Petition the club with some of the club-led suggestions on this thread, and for the supporter based stuff, start communicating with each other - that's why this forum exists isn't it - to organise events like Eastern did last year with his Ring Around The Stadium shindig.

Who am I talking to? Anyone in Victoria, I suppose. Anyone who is physically capable. Anyone wondering what to do to save their club. Whatever I can do, I will. If you need help organising, I'll lend a hand over the Internet. It's the end of the season now but you can already start coming up with ideas for get together for 2015.

Don't wait for the club to give us the answer.

Sorry, Dragit, that's all I can do for the moment, and you're dead right, it's meaningless on its own. Hopefully someone answers the call though.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

dragit wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Is that right?
Because I can't do it myself I should just shut my trap and watch my club curl up and die? Right enough.
I didn't meant to hurt your feelings btw, sorry if I did.
No worries, I see where you're coming from. I realise how I sound, self righteously lecturing other people to put their nuts on the line while sat cosily in France. That's how it is.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
defacto
Club Player

the problem with these cheer squads is people see them as a way to get closer to the club and see it as being part of it somehow. so you end up with bloke women and men well beyond their youth clinging to it, if they end up with some kind of authority, they cling to it even harder. gets very political very quick and ends up stale.

answer is in GA/Walk Up seating blocks or if the club wants to manage/control it, they actually have to invest time making it better that means monitoring participation and implementing improvements

right now its in club control but without the active involvement so therefore it suffers. like most things our club has control of but puts no time into

SuperSaint66
Club Player

[quote][/quote]
We need to market ourselves as "St.Kilda FC", not "Saints".

Our website should be http://www.stkildafc.com.au

Agree! & I feel strongly about this. There are many "Saints" football clubs in country areas and the suburbs, but only one ST KILDA FC.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dools if you need any help with getting stuff over for the WA games let me know mate ... As you know we over here in WA are really keen to help and work with the CS provided the CS are willing and wanting to work with us .. Every year we offer to help you guys out and I see every year the road blocks that are put in front of you by those in charge preventing us working together to be a strong passionate supporter group for our team ...

It's the leaders who prevent Dools from doing good things and it's the constant crap that dools deals with that honestly most people would have given up already ...

The best thing that could happen is if the got rid of the rot and had more people like Dools

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Import all the Southampton members in England and put them behind the cheersquad and get them singing.
I like your thinking, noob.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!