Who will get from other clubs(players and picks) ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

coopergrech
Club Player

Who will get from other clubs(players and picks) ?

I know there would be a thread on here about list management/trades etc.

Who from other clubs that are out of contract would we be interested in?

Also I think now with Hayes , Jones , Maister and Gwilt gone , we don't have to get rid of too many more players though.

Players I think that are out the door :

TDL (Keep him at Sandy , handy VFL Player)
Minchington (We either have to delist or upgrade , and they will upgrade Weller and Shents , and even Templeton , so looks like he will be gone to)
Sam Gilbert (May retire?)

I think now that Jones and Gwilt were shown the door Sunday I think they will keep Schneider for another year because you cant get rid of too much experience in one hit and DEFINENTLY keep Sam Fisher has been fantastic for the Saints when he started playing this season without a doubt!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who will get from other clubs(players and picks) ?

coopergrech wrote:I know there would be a thread on here about list management/trades etc.

Also I think now with Hayes , Jones , Maister and Gwilt gone , we don't have to get rid of too many more players though.

Minchington (We either have to delist or upgrade , and they will upgrade Weller and Shents , and even Templeton , so looks like he will be gone to)

I think now that Jones and Gwilt were shown the door Sunday I think they will keep Schneider for another year because you cant get rid of too much experience in one hit and DEFINENTLY keep Sam Fisher has been fantastic for the Saints when he started playing this season without a doubt!

Michington can just be re rookied. No one else will want him but I think he will be delisted. I would expect Schneider to retire and just have a little feeling GWS may take Sam Fisher for a couple of years. Gilbert is playing on unless the operation isnt a success but we wont know that until after the draft I would imagine.

Saint wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
coopergrech wrote:I know there would be a thread on here about list management/trades etc.

Michington can just be re rookied. No one else will want him but I think he will be delisted. I would expect Schneider to retire and just have a little feeling GWS may take Sam Fisher for a couple of years. Gilbert is playing on unless the operation isnt a success but we wont know that until after the draft I would imagine.
Is your hunch on Fisher based on a source? If he went, he'd be an unrestricted free agent wouldn't he and we wouldn't get anything in return?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is your hunch on Fisher based on a source? If he went, he'd be an unrestricted free agent wouldn't he and we wouldn't get anything in return?

Not even a slight source. I dont we would get much if anything for him so it will depend if we want to keep him or not. cameraon today on radio made it clear they will be looking for a short term CHB so logically he fits the mould. You can still get compensation for unrestricted FA, you just cant keep him if he wants to go.

Saint wagga
Club Player

ah, good to know on the unrestricted's and compensation...cheers

saintly
Saintsational Legend

minchington cannot be rookied as his 3 years as a rookie is up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:minchington cannot be rookied as his 3 years as a rookie is up.

Of course he can. he is just delisted and re rookied but it wont happen.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Saint wagga wrote:ah, good to know on the unrestricted's and compensation...cheers
And his compensation would be reasonable you'd think.

- 2 time best and fairest
- All-Australian
- Would probably sign a 2 or 3 year deal for the security, with some decent dollars while most of the GWS kids are still on low coin. Might not ever see that deal out, but I'd be surprised if he wanted to leave if they only offered him 1 season??

We might get a second rounder for him (Compo Tier 3), meaning a pick close enough to 20???

Having said all of that, I think I'd much rather have him playing for us, especially if his body is now 100%.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:ah, good to know on the unrestricted's and compensation...cheers
And his compensation would be reasonable you'd think.

- 2 time best and fairest
- All-Australian
- Would probably sign a 2 or 3 year deal for the security, with some decent dollars while most of the GWS kids are still on low coin. Might not ever see that deal out, but I'd be surprised if he wanted to leave if they only offered him 1 season??

We might get a second rounder for him (Compo Tier 3), meaning a pick close enough to 20???

Having said all of that, I think I'd much rather have him playing for us, especially if his body is now 100%.

Dont think we would get anything at all. it isnt what he has done, its what he gets offered and his age. I doubt we would get a thing.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

If he nominates for the rookie draft

PJ
SS Life Member

I would imagine GWS would have to offer Sam something reasonable in the way of pay to get him to go there. If he were to go you'd be thinking it would likely be for coin to round off the career.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Im pretty sure he is automatically nominated.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I would imagine GWS would have to offer Sam something reasonable in the way of pay to get him to go there. If he were to go you'd be thinking it would likely be for coin to round off the career.
From what I've heard Fisher is financially and socially set up in Melbourne and wouldn't entertain a trade to GWS. I'm pretty sure GWS have been enquiring about him for the past few years.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Im pretty sure he is automatically nominated.
Cheers, wasn't aware of that.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Fisher is… socially set up in Melbourne
:shock:

PJ
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
PJ wrote:I would imagine GWS would have to offer Sam something reasonable in the way of pay to get him to go there. If he were to go you'd be thinking it would likely be for coin to round off the career.
From what I've heard Fisher is financially and socially set up in Melbourne and wouldn't entertain a trade to GWS. I'm pretty sure GWS have been enquiring about him for the past few years.
What if he can't get another gig in Melbourne and wants go on?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Minch going nowhere hopefully.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Fisher is… socially set up in Melbourne
:shock:
Jeebus look at the bags under Fisher's eyes. Who are the two gangsters on the right?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Tom Temay, Dayle Garlett, Ryan O'Keefe, Jordan Lisle.

Nah just joking, my trusted sources say we're heavily into Scott Gumbleton. He just pretended to retire to keep his price down.