GWS to get pick 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Re: GWS to get pick 1

jaxons wrote:
bergholt wrote:
fugazi wrote:O'Rourke and Jaksch for Pick #1?

Former picks 2 and 12.....neither in best GWS 22 though
Nowhere near enough. Add in pick 4 and it's closer to a deal. I wouldn't do it though.

This is not a deal we will be doing.
O'Rourke won't be coming to the Saints.
Yet Tony Elshaugh & Jono's manager say we have approached him! :shock:

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
evo
Club Player

sax wrote:
jaxons wrote:
bergholt wrote:
fugazi wrote:O'Rourke and Jaksch for Pick #1?

Former picks 2 and 12.....neither in best GWS 22 though
Nowhere near enough. Add in pick 4 and it's closer to a deal. I wouldn't do it though.

This is not a deal we will be doing.
O'Rourke won't be coming to the Saints.
Yet Tony Elshaugh & Jono's manager say we have approached him! :shock:
Yeah, strange is it not ?

saint-stu
Club Player

Maybe he said he wasn't keen to come to the saints?

1ac46a38
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Agree with Jaxons. They also may be interested in using one of their last picks for ann 80 or so game Hawk. Certainly not willing to part with much more.

saint-stu
Club Player

What do you think tony74? Will GWS end up with our pick?

1ac46a38
Richter
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:Agree with Jaxons. They also may be interested in using one of their last picks for ann 80 or so game Hawk. Certainly not willing to part with much more.
Schoenmakers?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
tony74 wrote:Agree with Jaxons. They also may be interested in using one of their last picks for ann 80 or so game Hawk. Certainly not willing to part with much more.
Schoenmakers?
Hawks would laugh at pick 80 for Schoenmakers though. They would rather keep him as back up.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm ..... Clangermakers - bit hit and miss with some good games here and some bad ones there

Was out close to 12 months with a knee last year and got through this season unscathed but he was in and out of the seniors

Good size but can he take his game to the next level??

For pick 60+ ........... maybe!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Hopefully just doing due diligence. Get Petrecca pick 1. If interested in J 'O rourke get with 4th Rounder or rookie. Too much risk any higher.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Whitecross or Shoey?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

The latter

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Schoenmakers not much chop. Coughs it up too easily. Prefer if we stopped drafting recycled players.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

shoey?
shesh
dont know what to think about that tbh :?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i dont mind Shoenmakers... his disposal is no worse then that of Gwilts but his marking and defencive qualities are an upgrade in my opinion on Gwilt so for a cheap pick up i wouldnt be upset with that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

pelch on trade radio NOW!!

evo
Club Player

matrix wrote:pelch on trade radio NOW!!

Pelch confirmed we want Jaksch and O'Rourke at the club

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i dont mind Shoenmakers... his disposal is no worse then that of Gwilts but his marking and defencive qualities are an upgrade in my opinion on Gwilt so for a cheap pick up i wouldnt be upset with that
As a Maister replacement I'd take him, but I haven't seen much more than that from him at this point. 24 in a month so he's not real young. He certainly wouldn't want to cost more than our pick 58.

Kernal75
Club Player

Make no mistake this deal is on. I have no information or inside knowledge but the more I hear from Trout and Pelchen the more I think Petracca will end up at GWS. The rhetoric has changed somewhat over the last few days from "it has to be an outstanding deal" to "that's the type of deal were looking at". I get a huge hunch that it's just the finer details to be thrashed out before the week begins and we trade it out. Not sure they're keen on McCartin so Jacksch, O'Rourke and aNother midfielder with a teens pick may appeal. Not sure how I feel about it tbh?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Make no mistake this deal is on. I have no information or inside knowledge but the more I hear from Trout and Pelchen the more I think Petracca will end up at GWS. The rhetoric has changed somewhat over the last few days from "it has to be an outstanding deal" to "that's the type of deal were looking at". I get a huge hunch that it's just the finer details to be thrashed out before the week begins and we trade it out. Not sure they're keen on McCartin so Jacksch, O'Rourke and aNother midfielder with a teens pick may appeal. Not sure how I feel about it tbh?

If you don't rate McCartin then surely you thinks its a crap deal. What if we do this stupid deal and miss out on McCartin? Its a rubbish deal with to variables for my liking and surely wont happen.

Kernal75
Club Player

If they do that deal then I don't see a need for McCartin really. If they get Jacksch they will have Roo, Stanley, White, Lee, Bruce (prefer him in defence) and Jacksch. McCartin may well turn out to be better than all except Roo but short term they may think they're covered with the GWS deal being discussed. FWIW I would prefer Petracca and take Jacksch through the PSD as is being discussed on another thread.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:If they do that deal then I don't see a need for McCartin really. If they get Jacksch they will have Roo, Stanley, White, Lee, Bruce (prefer him in defence) and Jacksch. McCartin may well turn out to be better than all except Roo but short term they may think they're covered with the GWS deal being discussed. FWIW I would prefer Petracca and take Jacksch through the PSD as is being discussed on another thread.

Isnt Jacksch a backman?

jaxons
Club Player

Kernal75 wrote:Make no mistake this deal is on. I have no information or inside knowledge but the more I hear from Trout and Pelchen the more I think Petracca will end up at GWS. The rhetoric has changed somewhat over the last few days from "it has to be an outstanding deal" to "that's the type of deal were looking at". I get a huge hunch that it's just the finer details to be thrashed out before the week begins and we trade it out. Not sure they're keen on McCartin so Jacksch, O'Rourke and aNother midfielder with a teens pick may appeal. Not sure how I feel about it tbh?
I promise you no matter what we will not be trading for pick 1 for pick 4 and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
You can choose to not believe me but I guarantee this will not happen.
GWS would love this but will not happen.

Saints94
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:
I promise you no matter what we will not be trading for pick 1 for pick 4 and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
Obviously the main reason being the deal doesn't favour us what so ever?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:I promise you no matter what we will not be trading for pick 1 for pick 4 and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
Fair enough Jaxons, and thanks for your insight. Personally, I'd do that deal. I think it's an opportunity to bolster our list significantly (O'Rourke adds to our average midfield, Jacksch to our middling KPP stocks) and still keep an elite pick.

However, from what you're saying, you think we can get more for our Pick 1. Or we can secure one/both via other means (Gwilt + a later pick?)

That can only be a good thing.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 01 Oct 2014 5:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

FQF
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
jaxons wrote:I promise you no matter what we will not be trading for pick 1 for pick 4 and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
Fair enough Jaxons, and thanks for your insight. Personally, I'd do that deal. I think it's an opportunity to bolster our list significantly.

However, from what you're saying, you think we can get more for our Pick 1.

That can only be a good thing.
O'Rourke is unproven, Jaksch hasn't set the world on fire and pick 4 could be Brayshaw but it could be Wright. You don't swap pick 1 for 3 players none of whom are certain to make it. IMO.

Jaxons news is reassuring.