Rhys Stanley for Pick #21

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhys Stanley for Pick #21

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Everyone but Saints supporters are saying we have won this trade hands down.

Not unusual for supporters to overrate their own players.

not any of the ones i've spoken too....reckon that the saints are mad...or as one calton supporter said...the saints have lost the plot...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Everyone but Saints supporters are saying we have won this trade hands down.

not any of the ones i've spoken too....reckon that the saints are mad...or as one calton supporter said...the saints have lost the plot...
And that's why there not AFL list managers becasue clearly they have no idea :roll:

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Don't think there's too many Geelong supporters thinking they've won this trade. As for the 'what if Roo gets injured' line, well he didn't get injured this year and look at what happened.
I would have been happy keeping Rhys but he wasn't going to be the difference between us winning a flag and not winning a flag. Our list isn't good enough. We have to make changes. If we now do 1 for 4 & 7 we'll hopefully have 4 good kids to help us improve. If not we'll have to settle for three.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
stinger wrote:absolute pricks......the guy who runs my gym says that the saints have lost the f****** plot...i agree with him 100%

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-10-1 ... nley-trade

i will be writing to the president...and every time that rhys helps geelong do us over...i will be writing to him again.......they can beg all they like for money from me next year...they will get zilch.....
what a load of over reactionary crap, you make it sound like Rhys was the second coming!! He has been a fringe player at best his entire career, he has freakish athletic ability but he hasn't shown anything resembling desire or aggression for the contest.

Lewis Pierce will make us all say "Rhys who?" within 12 months.
i will bookmark your post....rhyc will be a good player for geelong....imho...he was the best tap ruckman we had,,,,better that any of the other three.....he basically won us the game against freo last year...that won't happen again.....i am really pissed off with the club...and that's my right....i do agree with you on the lack of aggression...but the club was working on that....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Thats a good sign coming from a Blues fan :shock:
Ill take that as we are on the money.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:absolute pricks......the guy who runs my gym says that the saints have lost the f****** plot...i agree with him 100%

i will be writing to the president...and every time that rhys helps geelong do us over...i will be writing to him again.......they can beg all they like for money from me next year...they will get zilch.....

This was thoroughly entertaining.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:

what a load of over reactionary crap, you make it sound like Rhys was the second coming!! He has been a fringe player at best his entire career, he has freakish athletic ability but he hasn't shown anything resembling desire or aggression for the contest.

i will bookmark your post....stanley will be a good player for geelong....imho...he was the best tap ruckman we had,,,,better that any of the other three.....he basically won us the game against freo last year...that won't happen again.....i am really pissed off with the club...and that's my right....i do agree with you on the lack of aggression...but the club was working on that....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:

i'm not joking...writing my first letter now.......pricks....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

For the record I liked and was a supporter of Rhys. But this will not be a decion that makes or breaks the club.

All that matters is what we do with our top 3 draft picks. That will be our make or break. Critical decisions coming up!

MUST NAIL 2 out of 3 or were in deeeeeep trouble...

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

i will bookmark your post....rhyc will be a good player for geelong....imho...he was the best tap ruckman we had,,,,better that any of the other three.....he basically won us the game against freo last year...that won't happen again.....i am really pissed off with the club...and that's my right....i do agree with you on the lack of aggression...but the club was working on that....
Yeah bookmark it please so we can bring it up in a couple of years time and laugh at you at how wrong you are..

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
bigred wrote:

What a waste of ink and paper.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

It is your right Stinger. Unfortunately none of us get a say in who gets traded or for what. He was great against Freo but how long have we waited for that game and how long until he produces another one? He may be better at Geelong, he might not. But the deal is done and there's nothing we can do about it.
Hopefully pick 21 ends up being a 200 game player and you're wearing his number on your back at our next grand final appearance. Keep smiling Stinger.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
bigred wrote:

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Pelchan and Bains and Richo should be congratulated on the way they are rebuilding our list.

Did a great job last season, looks like this one will be as good or better.

I support the club and team not a player. Good luck Rhys, but I am more interested in the development of our #21 going forward.

You are garbage - Enough said
stinger
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
stinger wrote:

And that's why there not AFL list managers becasue clearly they have no idea :roll:

we will see.....i think the problem is that the saints group are list managers, but still have no idea.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
stinger wrote:
bigred wrote:

i will post the reply...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

It is your right Stinger. Unfortunately none of us get a say in who gets traded or for what. He was great against Freo but how long have we waited for that game and how long until he produces another one? He may be better at Geelong, he might not. But the deal is done and there's nothing we can do about it.
Hopefully pick 21 ends up being a 200 game player and you're wearing his number on your back at our next grand final appearance. Keep smiling Stinger.
thanks for that mate... :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Pelchan and Bains and Richo should be congratulated on the way they are rebuilding our list.

I support the club and team not a player. Good luck Rhys, but I am more interested in the development of our #21 going forward.
if the pick's a dud...i will be pointing it out....repeatedly......and for years.....

Fidelis
Club Player

Interesting that SEN claim Cats aim to play Clark forwards, Blicavs as a back and then groom Stanley as a ruckman - with injury concerns on both McIntosh and Vardy. Don't think we've really viewed him in this light.

Faithful Even Unto Death
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Pelchan and Bains and Richo should be congratulated on the way they are rebuilding our list.

if the pick's a dud...i will be pointing it out....repeatedly......and for years.....
You're still mad at the club for converting Barry Hall into Dal Santo…

So there's a pretty good chance you'll be spamming us regardless of the actual result.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We just lost 0.5 goals per game.
Membrey surely can kick a goal a game.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:

And if he's not? Sounds as though you are hoping he's no good.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

Fine. Do that if you like, but give the kid a go.

Remember it is not the kids fault that he was chosen from a pick you didn't like.

If Stanley is a bust, will you admit you were wrong also?

You are garbage - Enough said
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
stinger wrote:
bigred wrote:

i will post the reply...
And post the letter your writing too please. It'll be good for a laugh!

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote: If Stanley is a bust, will you admit you were wrong also?
I don't think that's part of the deal for some reason.