Stick With Petracca

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stick With Petracca

Sounds to me like there is a 90% chance we will take the Pet man.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:I've got a sneaking suspicion that if we keep no1 that McCartin will be taken. I hope I'm wrong. He sounds like a lumbering big man who's not overly tall for the key position.
same hight as roo...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

But I bet he can't run like him

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Sounds to me like there is a 90% chance we will take the Pet man.
I hope you're right

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Take Petracca at 1.

Then get Reece McKenzie if he's still available. (Forward/Ruck, solves the Stanley dilemma.)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Take Petracca at 1.

Then get Reece McKenzie if he's still available. (Forward/Ruck, solves the Stanley dilemma.)

Not for about 2 or 3 years.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

We're in no rush.

He's 106kg so could play in his first year - but is very raw (from what I've read).

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Does that matter?

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Does that matter?

I think it does. This idea that we will finish last anyway so what does it matter if we lose by 5 goals or 15 is rubbish IMO. Lets pretend Cameron was interested in us or WB next year. If we finish last with a percentage of 45% and probably one to three wins and they finish 14th with 9 wins where would you go. I would take the WB in a heartbeat because we would have still been going worse than this year. Its important we occasionally stay competitive. Yep we got smashed many times this year but we also had a couple of great wins. Got to keep the supporters and potential players a little excited.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cool
boyd and cameron will be at the dogs next year

yeah
ok :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:cool
boyd and cameron will be at the dogs next year

yeah
ok :roll:

Try schooling next time you have a chance. It was an example. Lets say Brisbane then. ffs rolling eyes.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Does that matter?

I think it does. This idea that we will finish last anyway so what does it matter if we lose by 5 goals or 15 is rubbish IMO. Lets pretend Cameron was interested in us or WB next year. If we finish last with a percentage of 45% and probably one to three wins and they finish 14th with 9 wins where would you go. I would take the WB in a heartbeat because we would have still been going worse than this year. Its important we occasionally stay competitive. Yep we got smashed many times this year but we also had a couple of great wins. Got to keep the supporters and potential players a little excited.
My kid had about 5 other Saints supporters in his class and now 2 have dropped off since the start of the year both Swans now. The danger of being uncompetitive can have very long term consequences. We want to be offering hope to the people ready to pay their memberships and paying sponsors. I know my motivation to attend games wasn't high this season and my son was the only one in the family that made use of his membership with me. He wouldn't come to games that he thought we would lose even. I think we are pretty much the norm. If it costs us $100 000 ever game that doesn't meet 20 000 people we might be very poor by the end of the year.

spert
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Does that matter?

My kid had about 5 other Saints supporters in his class and now 2 have dropped off since the start of the year both Swans now. The danger of being uncompetitive can have very long term consequences. We want to be offering hope to the people ready to pay their memberships and paying sponsors. I know my motivation to attend games wasn't high this season and my son was the only one in the family that made use of his membership with me. He wouldn't come to games that he thought we would lose even. I think we are pretty much the norm. If it costs us $100 000 ever game that doesn't meet 20 000 people we might be very poor by the end of the year.
I know of a few younger Sainters who lost interest this season and don't sound too keen to follow through next year. The only way to attract new supporters and sponsors is to win, or at least be competitive in losses..just like business, people don't buy crappy products or services.

Furphy
Club Player

Petracca sounds exactly who we are looking for, a class player who's not bringing any baggage/politics from another club. We'd be crazy not to snap him up!

Saints94
SS Life Member

Furphy wrote:Petracca sounds exactly who we are looking for, a class player who's not bringing any baggage/politics from another club. We'd be crazy not to snap him up!
+1. Dangerfield type burst player IMO.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Lets pretend Cameron was interested in us or WB next year. If we finish last with a percentage of 45% and probably one to three wins and they finish 14th with 9 wins where would you go. I would take the WB in a heartbeat because we would have still been going worse than this year. Its important we occasionally stay competitive. Yep we got smashed many times this year but we also had a couple of great wins. Got to keep the supporters and potential players a little excited.
Hi Pluggs, yes I agree re the importance of being able to sell the supporters some excitment, but more importantly... hope.

I realise your example above is just that, a theoretical example.

But regardless,
we have a plan,
we are building a very exciting list.
We will shortly be going to places on the field and off the field.

Any young gun's manager would be able to work that out. Going to the Saintas should be a very easy sell IMHO.

(And which other club can seal a deal, with that offer of the photo opportunity with you, down at the Junction...? :D )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Furphy wrote:Petracca sounds exactly who we are looking for, a class player who's not bringing any baggage/politics from another club. We'd be crazy not to snap him up!
+1. Dangerfield type burst player IMO.
Dangerfield won the GF sprint 3 years in a row.
The Pet only has a 3.0 20m sprint to his name.

But still if the Pet ends up a Travis Boak type thats a bloody good player.

Armagizmo
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
But regardless,
we have a plan,
we are building a very exciting list.
We will shortly be going to places on the field and off the field.

Any young gun's manager would be able to work that out. Going to the Saintas should be a very easy sell IMHO.
would've said that about the Dogs after last year too, the fact that they were disappointing this year just shows that it's a long and winding road back to competitiveness.