FIXture Response !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

FIXture Response !!

The e-mail I sent to Peter Summers & Matt Finnis

Gentlemen,

I have some major concerns for our club with the release of the 2015 Fixture. I fully
accept that isn't much we can do from a purely football perspective, but my concerns
are to do with membership and the Commercial side of our club. My reasons are;

We have 12, and possibly 13 games on Sundays. Junior football is almost exclusively
played on Sundays, meaning that boys between 9 & 17 yrs, and probably their families
will not be buying memberships and/or attending our games. This could potentially wipe
out a generation of Saints fans/members.

All 4 of our Sunday Twilight games are HOME games. We all know that this is the WORST
time slot there is and we will more than likely operate at a loss hosting all of these
these games

We have 7 Interstate games and 1 game in Wellington, leaving only 14 games played in
Melbourne. Some Interstate teams will be playing nearly as many games in Melbourne as
we are. Where does this leave our "16 Game Memberships"?

We have 1 Friday Night game for the year. This token gesture is an away game where
Collingwood will profit from our attendance.

I see this as a Commercial disaster for our club and a situation that could take many
years to recover from, if at all.

What concerns me the most is what appears to be a total acceptance of this by the club.
I could only imagine what Eddie McGuire and/or Andrew Newbold would be doing/saying if
they were presented with a fixture like this.

Gentlemen, PLEASE tell me that the club is addressing this in some way, because at the
moment all I see is total acceptance of whatever the AFL wants to throw at us. I fear
that if NOTHING is done now we may not have a St Kilda to follow in the not too distant
future

Regards

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

citywest

Re: FIXture Response !!

1. The AFL will not listen.
2. The AFL don't care.
3. This is why we should play 3 games in NZ. At least then the AFL will not be able to give us an extra 7 interstate games on top of the 3 in NZ.
4. Don't waste your time and effort emailing those leaches at the AFL.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

We are a minnow club on the bottom of the ladder. We are going to be getting a bad deal fixture wise for the next few years at least.
It's up to the club to attract the $$$$ no matter how hard it might be.

lefty
Club Player

Can we please get rid of Sunday 3:30 and 4:40 PM games.

They're terrible.
Just give us 2:10 PM Sunday games ffs.

Twilight is s***.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

lefty wrote:Can we please get rid of Sunday 3:30 and 4:40 PM games.

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.
Or the old traditional 2:10PM on a Saturday.

loris
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:1. The AFL will not listen.
2. The AFL don't care.
3. This is why we should play 3 games in NZ. At least then the AFL will not be able to give us an extra 7 interstate games on top of the 3 in NZ.
Didn't you read who Eastern sent his post to citywest?

Peter Summers and Matt Finnis..................... most St Kilda fans would know that those two blokes are the President and CEO o,f the St Kilda Football Club respectively!

Indirectly they may be associated with the AFL; however, they primarily represent the interests of the St Kilda Football Club (or at least they should) first and foremost and would, I hope, care about such correspondence from a member. A member who no doubt they are very much aware of and the influence he has with other members. ie, Eastern was the person who instigated the march around Etihad Stadium and the Club definitely took notice of that and officially joined in Eastern's ground swell movement that he initiated.

Infact the impact of that march was so positive the President told me at the Western Saints AGM a few weeks ago, they are thinking to replicate a similar march at Wellington NZ for this coming ANZAC Day Match.

Well done Eastern...... I think your well thought through e-mail will not fall on deaf ears. It is not a waste of time IMO. I'm sure many more of us will be inspired to also express some of our thoughts to who it matters at the St Kilda Football Club.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
citywest wrote:1. The AFL will not listen.
2. The AFL don't care.
Didn't you read who Eastern sent his post to citywest?

Peter Summers and Matt Finnis..................... most St Kilda fans would know that those two blokes are the President and CEO o,f the St Kilda Football Club respectively!

Indirectly they may be associated with the AFL; however, they primarily represent the interests of the St Kilda Football Club (or at least they should) first and foremost and would, I hope, care about such correspondence from a member. A member who no doubt they are very much aware of and the influence he has with other members. ie, Eastern was the person who instigated the march around Etihad Stadium and the Club definitely took notice of that and officially joined in Eastern's ground swell movement that he initiated.

Infact the impact of that march was so positive the President told me at the Western Saints AGM a few weeks ago, they are thinking to replicate a similar march at Wellington NZ for this coming ANZAC Day Match.

Well done Eastern...... I think your well thought through e-mail will not fall on deaf ears. It is not a waste of time IMO. I'm sure many more of us will be inspired to also express some of our thoughts to who it matters at the St Kilda Football Club.
LIKE !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

As Easter pointed out there would be a number of other Club Pres/CEO etc who would be on the front foot regardless of ladder position.

This response (public) from our CEO from AFL.com

ST KILDA
"Seven home games against traditional Victorian clubs is a major positive. We have the only international game in the fixture and I believe it has the potential to be one of the showcase games of the year. St Kilda will also place a strong focus on bringing to life the Sunday afternoon football experience at Etihad Stadium. The AFL has to factor in many competing demands and, on balance, we believe this is a solid draw for the club." - CEO Matt Finnis.

I would hope our out of camera response would be different...

if we are ballsy enough in or out of public eye should not matter to that response.
Last edited by chook23 on Thu 30 Oct 2014 7:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The e-mail I sent to Peter Summers & Matt Finnis

Gentlemen,

I have some major concerns for our club with the release of the 2015 Fixture. I fully
accept that isn't much we can do from a purely football perspective, but my concerns
are to do with membership and the Commercial side of our club. My reasons are;

We have 12, and possibly 13 games on Sundays. Junior football is almost exclusively
played on Sundays, meaning that boys between 9 & 17 yrs, and probably their families
will not be buying memberships and/or attending our games. This could potentially wipe
out a generation of Saints fans/members.

All 4 of our Sunday Twilight games are HOME games. We all know that this is the WORST
time slot there is and we will more than likely operate at a loss hosting all of these
these games

We have 7 Interstate games and 1 game in Wellington, leaving only 14 games played in
Melbourne. Some Interstate teams will be playing nearly as many games in Melbourne as
we are. Where does this leave our "16 Game Memberships"?

We have 1 Friday Night game for the year. This token gesture is an away game where
Collingwood will profit from our attendance.

I see this as a Commercial disaster for our club and a situation that could take many
years to recover from, if at all.

What concerns me the most is what appears to be a total acceptance of this by the club.
I could only imagine what Eddie McGuire and/or Andrew Newbold would be doing/saying if
they were presented with a fixture like this.

Gentlemen, PLEASE tell me that the club is addressing this in some way, because at the
moment all I see is total acceptance of whatever the AFL wants to throw at us. I fear
that if NOTHING is done now we may not have a St Kilda to follow in the not too distant
future

Regards
well said

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.

Not for teenager footballers.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.

Did not take you long to ambush another thread.

saint4life
matrix
Saintsational Legend

So we finish bottom and melb get to travel 3 times interstate.??!

How the f*** does that work?!
Tell me thats not some day dodgey handshake shite going on.

Glad I'm not a saints member in melb.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:So we finish bottom and melb get to travel 3 times interstate.??!

Why is that? An 11 game membership sees them 14 times. Sounds ok to me. Certainly better than interstate members who maybe see them once a year.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.

Not for teenager footballers who live/play footy within 30 minutes of Etihad Stadium.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.

Why is that? Because I don't agree. There are weird people on here who just expect we all agree. I have mates whose kids play at junior footy who love 4.40 games. This place is getting worse by the minute. How soft are people these days. If people come up with reasons why other times are no good they are now ambushing another thread. I have an idea. lets have another forum called the soft forum where people must agree with the original thread.

No wonder kids are soft these days. What hope do they have if its called ambushing because you can think of logical reason why certain times don't suit everyone. Come on mods. Time for the soft forum. It will also suit guys who have drunk to much after they meet a girl.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

What a crap fixture, we are being gouged by the AFL on so many fronts, we have more games against teams that finished above us than any other team :evil:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
chook23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.

Why is that? Because I don't agree. There are weird people on here who just expect we all agree. I have mates whose kids play at junior footy who love 4.40 games. This place is getting worse by the minute. How soft are people these days. If people come up with reasons why other times are no good they are now ambushing another thread. I have an idea. lets have another forum called the soft forum where people must agree with the original thread.

No wonder kids are soft these days. What hope do they have if its called ambushing because you can think of logical reason why certain times don't suit everyone. Come on mods. Time for the soft forum. It will also suit guys who have drunk to much after they meet a girl.
I took your original reference to "teenager footballers" as our players given the number on our list...............

you altered that post which then made it clearer you were referring to teenage players who are supporters.

I must admit though that you are quick to pounce on others who post a different view to yours............but you seem happy to question others.........
Last edited by chook23 on Thu 30 Oct 2014 8:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
chook23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They're terrible.

Twilight is s***.

I took your original reference to "teenager footballers" as our players given the number on our list...............

you altered that post which then made it clearer you were referring to teenage players who are supporters.

I never altered the post. I have previously said that about kids playing junior footy. Im sorry you didn't realise that but it is exactly what I meant.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

It appears as if the change to your sentence was made by Eastern when he quoted you.......................

TO

Not for teenager footballers who live/play footy within 30 minutes of Etihad Stadium.

saint4life
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:It appears as if the change to your sentence was made by Eastern when he quoted you.......................

TO

It was me who altered it. Junior footy doesn't finish until after 4.00pm out my way. Too late to get to Etihad for a 4.40 start !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
chook23 wrote:It appears as if the change to your sentence was made by Eastern when he quoted you.......................

TO

It was me who altered it. Junior footy doesn't finish until after 4.00pm out my way. Too late to get to Etihad for a 4.40 start !!

Really Eastern? One age group finishes then. Many age groups play from 12 till 3. And is it to late anyway. may miss a half a quarter of footy.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Is all junior footy in Melbourne played on Sunday's? Why wouldn't most of them be on Saturday mornings or arve? Or at least on Sunday morning?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:So we finish bottom and melb get to travel 3 times interstate.??!

Why is that? An 11 game membership sees them 14 times. Sounds ok to me. Certainly better than interstate members who maybe see them once a year.
yeah?
an 11 game membership sees them 14 times?
what?...you get 3 games for free when you buy an 11 gamer?

i see them twice this year
for $500

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

TO

Really Eastern? One age group finishes then. Many age groups play from 12 till 3. And is it to late anyway. may miss a half a quarter of footy.
BOTH U15's & U17's are on the 2.00pm start out this way. Too hard for a lot of people !!

sMarty_saints
Club Player

I hate the draw myself, but I will still buy my two SC memberships...I will probably go to 2 Saints game for the year.