Hypothetical - Bomber Thompson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Hypothetical - Bomber Thompson

I think its an excellent idea. Smart enough to steal a Premiership from us, we'd have rocks in our head not to consider the idea. Unless he was too expensive.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote:I'm sure some S/S posters would welcome him to gain us the next holy grail........ just like they thought Ben Cousins and Daniel Kerr would be what the Saints needed to go that further step.................................... yeah we really want a tainted flag........... then we couldn't criticise Geelong and Collinwood!!
Actually, if we had gone ahead and recruited Cousins (instead of Colm Begley), we'd probably have a Premiership. Imagine Cousin's leadership (along with Lenny's and BJ's) around the stoppages and around the ground in that final quarter of 2009.

kalsaint
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:I think its an excellent idea. Smart enough to steal a Premiership from us, we'd have rocks in our head not to consider the idea. Unless he was too expensive.
agree here but the decision has to be resolved as a values based question first. He has the talent but does he have the desire and motivation?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
loris wrote:I'm sure some S/S posters would welcome him to gain us the next holy grail........ just like they thought Ben Cousins and Daniel Kerr would be what the Saints needed to go that further step.................................... yeah we really want a tainted flag........... then we couldn't criticise Geelong and Collinwood!!

:wink: ...you've still got it loris....in spades..
TBH a tainted flag would've been better than no flag sadly

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

No F'N way. I'd rather hire literally anyone else on the planet than see that smug, fish lipped C U Next Tuesday in a Saints polo

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum