Luke Beveridge

Re: Luke Beveridge

I think it'd be a bit rich of us whinging about WB's late call given Richo's situation last year.

McKernan's an interesting one given what happened at the crows last year. There was a spot available for either him or Jenkins last year as a ruck/forward and Jenkins ended up with it - both had a deficincy in either forward or rucking capacity can't remember which was attributed to McKernan.

Given that Mckernan is 196cm - I would hazard a guess that it's his rucking that was the problem - I think at 196 you shouldn't have /ruck by your name in the first place - as I have posted elsewhere I am hoping the plan is to convert to a key back if not I don't think we need him

PJ wrote:I think it'd be a bit rich of us whinging about WB's late call given Richo's situation last year.

McKernan's an interesting one given what happened at the crows last year. There was a spot available for either him or Jenkins last year as a ruck/forward and Jenkins ended up with it - both had a deficincy in either forward or rucking capacity can't remember which was attributed to McKernan.
Good point, but why did we pay Port compo yet didnt bother asking Dogs compo?

Im still disappointed at the Dogs decision, they sound like the shambles we were last year. Remember Roo was given an offer to join the filth, even if it was just a discussion.

saint6709 wrote:Given that Mckernan is 196cm - I would hazard a guess that it's his rucking that was the problem - I think at 196 you shouldn't have /ruck by your name in the first place - as I have posted elsewhere I am hoping the plan is to convert to a key back if not I don't think we need him
Same height as Stef Martin. Reckon there's a lot of similarities between the two.

Would prefer to give Mckernan a go as a rookie as opposed to having kept Stanley.

tony74 wrote:Yep, I was wrong. But all I could relate was what he said to a colleague of mine when his name was first mentioned.

I am very happy to be a part of the Saints future.
I have not made any contact with the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs have made zero contact with either myself or my manager.
I'm looking forward to going overseas on holidays for a month.

But yep you're right I was wrong !!!
Being harsh on yourself there tony!

What you said wasn't wrong. But stuff comes up. Circumstances can then change...

PS: Please pass on to our Club that they have been very classy in their response to Luke B's good fortune in securing an unexpected shot at senior AFL coaching.

IMHO, it's simply wonderful to see that at least one club still respects that unwritten gentlemen's agreement re not standing in the way of a bloke's senior coaching career!

Scoop

tony74 wrote:Yep, I was wrong. But all I could relate was what he said to a colleague of mine when his name was first mentioned.

I am very happy to be a part of the Saints future.
I have not made any contact with the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs have made zero contact with either myself or my manager.
I'm looking forward to going overseas on holidays for a month.

But yep you're right I was wrong !!!
Being harsh on yourself there tony!

What you said wasn't wrong. But stuff comes up. Circumstances can then change...

PS: Please pass on to our Club that they have been very classy in their response to Luke B's good fortune in securing an unexpected shot at senior AFL coaching.

IMHO, it's simply wonderful to see that at least one club still respects that unwritten gentlemen's agreement re not standing in the way of a bloke's senior coaching career!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!

i dont expect us to stand in his way and i respect the gentlemens agreements and i think compensation is ridiculous.

but having said all that I dont wish them well. We owe the Dogs nothing and they hate us. They dont wish us well and they dont respect us.

i agree.
... tis a good look for us , in not seeking compensation.

Onya Sainters.

Con Gorozidis wrote:i dont expect us to stand in his way and i respect the gentlemens agreements and i think compensation is ridiculous.

but having said all that I dont wish them well. We owe the Dogs nothing and they hate us. They dont wish us well and they dont respect us.
That's not a nice thing to say about a team you played 5 games for.

Jimmy O'Dea

Shattered Beveridge is not around to be our next coach. Wherever he goes he gets the best out of his players. No secret Hawks leadership made it very well known that he was the perfect successor. His heart has always been with the Saints so hopefully one day we can get him back as he is still very young. Watch how much the Bulldogs improve under him,especially 18-24 year olds.

Con Gorozidis wrote:i dont expect us to stand in his way and i respect the gentlemens agreements and i think compensation is ridiculous.

feelings mutual mate.. i don't respect them........trailer trash out that way...not much else....low brow bogans.....yeah yeah...i know we have our fair share too..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Very arrogant Stinger.

There are high brown bogans?

low BROW mate....brow...not brown......although there are probably a few of them as well..... :wink: :wink:

Yes. That is what I meant.

On GAME DAY, when white line fever gets the better of me, I hate their pathetic scum of the earth supporters who are no better than a pack of whining feral dogs.....exterminate the brutes.

However, when I see reason I see that like us, they are a fellow underdog and struggler...hence, philosophically I MUST despise the power clubs more.... filth, scum…cheaters…..swines etc etc……which reminds me of Thucydides' maxim: "The strong do as they can and the weak suffer what they must".

On GAME DAY, when white line fever gets the better of me, I hate their pathetic scum of the earth supporters who are no better than a pack of whining feral dogs.....exterminate the brutes.

However, when I see reason I see that like us, they are a fellow underdog and struggler...hence, philosophically I MUST despise the power clubs more.... filth, scum…cheaters…..swines etc etc……which reminds me of Thucydides' maxim: "The strong do as they can and the weak suffer what they must".

when we beat them in that prelim..the one where roo got shoved by their bogan fullback....as soon as the siren rang...some of the dullbogs standing at the back of the bay threw their beer over us....guess it's hard to buy a seat on centrelink benifits.....the pricks can still afford beer unfortunately....

You should have sued. You had a strong case.

Another very arrogant comment. Probably see why they threw beer on you.