Luke Beveridge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

Re: Luke Beveridge

I think it'd be a bit rich of us whinging about WB's late call given Richo's situation last year.

McKernan's an interesting one given what happened at the crows last year. There was a spot available for either him or Jenkins last year as a ruck/forward and Jenkins ended up with it - both had a deficincy in either forward or rucking capacity can't remember which was attributed to McKernan.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saint6709
Club Player

Given that Mckernan is 196cm - I would hazard a guess that it's his rucking that was the problem - I think at 196 you shouldn't have /ruck by your name in the first place - as I have posted elsewhere I am hoping the plan is to convert to a key back if not I don't think we need him

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

PJ wrote:I think it'd be a bit rich of us whinging about WB's late call given Richo's situation last year.

McKernan's an interesting one given what happened at the crows last year. There was a spot available for either him or Jenkins last year as a ruck/forward and Jenkins ended up with it - both had a deficincy in either forward or rucking capacity can't remember which was attributed to McKernan.
Good point, but why did we pay Port compo yet didnt bother asking Dogs compo?

Im still disappointed at the Dogs decision, they sound like the shambles we were last year. Remember Roo was given an offer to join the filth, even if it was just a discussion.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

saint6709 wrote:Given that Mckernan is 196cm - I would hazard a guess that it's his rucking that was the problem - I think at 196 you shouldn't have /ruck by your name in the first place - as I have posted elsewhere I am hoping the plan is to convert to a key back if not I don't think we need him
Same height as Stef Martin. Reckon there's a lot of similarities between the two.

Would prefer to give Mckernan a go as a rookie as opposed to having kept Stanley.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

tony74 wrote:Yep, I was wrong. But all I could relate was what he said to a colleague of mine when his name was first mentioned.

I am very happy to be a part of the Saints future.
I have not made any contact with the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs have made zero contact with either myself or my manager.
I'm looking forward to going overseas on holidays for a month.

But yep you're right I was wrong !!!
Being harsh on yourself there tony!

What you said wasn't wrong. But stuff comes up. Circumstances can then change...

PS: Please pass on to our Club that they have been very classy in their response to Luke B's good fortune in securing an unexpected shot at senior AFL coaching.

IMHO, it's simply wonderful to see that at least one club still respects that unwritten gentlemen's agreement re not standing in the way of a bloke's senior coaching career!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Scoop
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
tony74 wrote:Yep, I was wrong. But all I could relate was what he said to a colleague of mine when his name was first mentioned.

I am very happy to be a part of the Saints future.
I have not made any contact with the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs have made zero contact with either myself or my manager.
I'm looking forward to going overseas on holidays for a month.

But yep you're right I was wrong !!!
Being harsh on yourself there tony!

What you said wasn't wrong. But stuff comes up. Circumstances can then change...

PS: Please pass on to our Club that they have been very classy in their response to Luke B's good fortune in securing an unexpected shot at senior AFL coaching.

IMHO, it's simply wonderful to see that at least one club still respects that unwritten gentlemen's agreement re not standing in the way of a bloke's senior coaching career!
+1

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i dont expect us to stand in his way and i respect the gentlemens agreements and i think compensation is ridiculous.

but having said all that I dont wish them well. We owe the Dogs nothing and they hate us. They dont wish us well and they dont respect us.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i agree.
... tis a good look for us , in not seeking compensation.

Onya Sainters.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i dont expect us to stand in his way and i respect the gentlemens agreements and i think compensation is ridiculous.

but having said all that I dont wish them well. We owe the Dogs nothing and they hate us. They dont wish us well and they dont respect us.
That's not a nice thing to say about a team you played 5 games for.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Shattered Beveridge is not around to be our next coach. Wherever he goes he gets the best out of his players. No secret Hawks leadership made it very well known that he was the perfect successor. His heart has always been with the Saints so hopefully one day we can get him back as he is still very young. Watch how much the Bulldogs improve under him,especially 18-24 year olds.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i dont expect us to stand in his way and i respect the gentlemens agreements and i think compensation is ridiculous.

feelings mutual mate.. i don't respect them........trailer trash out that way...not much else....low brow bogans.....yeah yeah...i know we have our fair share too..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

feelings mutual mate.. i don't respect them........trailer trash out that way...not much else....low brow bogans.....yeah yeah...i know we have our fair share too..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Very arrogant Stinger.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

There are high brown bogans?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

low BROW mate....brow...not brown......although there are probably a few of them as well..... :wink: :wink:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

low BROW mate....brow...not brown......although there are probably a few of them as well..... :wink: :wink:
Yes. That is what I meant.

On GAME DAY, when white line fever gets the better of me, I hate their pathetic scum of the earth supporters who are no better than a pack of whining feral dogs.....exterminate the brutes.

However, when I see reason I see that like us, they are a fellow underdog and struggler...hence, philosophically I MUST despise the power clubs more.... filth, scum…cheaters…..swines etc etc……which reminds me of Thucydides' maxim: "The strong do as they can and the weak suffer what they must".

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

On GAME DAY, when white line fever gets the better of me, I hate their pathetic scum of the earth supporters who are no better than a pack of whining feral dogs.....exterminate the brutes.

However, when I see reason I see that like us, they are a fellow underdog and struggler...hence, philosophically I MUST despise the power clubs more.... filth, scum…cheaters…..swines etc etc……which reminds me of Thucydides' maxim: "The strong do as they can and the weak suffer what they must".

when we beat them in that prelim..the one where roo got shoved by their bogan fullback....as soon as the siren rang...some of the dullbogs standing at the back of the bay threw their beer over us....guess it's hard to buy a seat on centrelink benifits.....the pricks can still afford beer unfortunately....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

when we beat them in that prelim..the one where roo got shoved by their bogan fullback....as soon as the siren rang...some of the dullbogs standing at the back of the bay threw their beer over us....guess it's hard to buy a seat on centrelink benifits.....the pricks can still afford beer unfortunately....
You should have sued. You had a strong case.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

Another very arrogant comment. Probably see why they threw beer on you.