We didn't do enough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lewdogs
Club Player

Re: We didn't do enough

plugger66 wrote:
lewdogs wrote:Agree that this is actually a positive. We are using the rookie draft to get in quality. I reckon we have rookied brilliantly again this year. Great way to address the depth issues we've had in the past.

2 out of 4 are recycled. Not sure that is using the rookie list brilliantly. Would have thought 4 new guys would be the way to go. Certainly don't need two 25 years and older. As for depth well who cares. We will win about 2 games so why does it matter. In 4 years it will matter though and neither of the 2 older guys are likely to have anything to do with the club than. Neither may the 2 taken in their place but I reckon its worth the punt when you are bottom of the ladder.
Saad will hope to be there in 4 years. I agree with you on Schneider but I think getting Saad through the rookie draft was a smart way to re draft him.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
chook23 wrote:we elevated a few rookies rather than delist them which contributed to the total list change (or lack of)
Yep. 4 rookie elevations I guess was what stopped us making more changes. A good thing in a way if our Rookies are showing something.

Schneider, Simpkin & Siposs probably the luckiest to still be there.
And Lee.

That's 4 that should've been dumped.

Our rookies are a joke. Schneider could park in a disabled spot half the time and Saad is a speck bet at best.
That's the spirit.....

Hold your ground :shock:
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Sainternist wrote:No problems with the list management this off-season. I'm pretty content with the moves made. Not a lot of deadwood on that list now.
Since I seem to be chief critic at the moment, I reckon these guys could count as deadwood:

Siposs
Markworth
Simpkin
Shenton
Minchington
Schneider (r)

And these guys have a lot of work to do or they'll last two years max:

Ross
Lee
Roberton
Gilbert
Curren
Murdoch
Saunders
Weller
Saad (r)

That's 15 out of 45, a third of the list with serious question marks over them. Letting go of Jones and Dunell is briefly satisfying but that shouldn't blind us to the fact that we don't have many truly AFL standard players.
A man who knows his footy side very well

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Our rookies are a joke. Schneider could park in a disabled spot half the time and Saad is a speck bet at best.
Schneider is a waste of a spot. If he is such a great bloke and coach - then make him an asst coach. No problem there. But why clog the list.
How many small fwd do we want/need on our list when we cant get even get the ball inside 50? They will all die of pneumonia.

Eli
Billings*
Minch*
Saunders*
Saad
Lonie
Schneider

* These three can supposedly play midfield as well (in theory so far, not practice).

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Schneider is a waste of a spot. If he is such a great bloke and coach - then make him an asst coach. No problem there. But why clog the list.
How many small fwd do we want/need on our list when we cant get even get the ball inside 50? They will all die of pneumonia.

Eli
Billings*
Minch*
Saunders*
Saad
Lonie
Schneider

* These three can supposedly play midfield as well (in theory so far, not practice).

careful Con, the vultures are circling

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Fisher and Schneider would both be hoping to have injury-free pre-seasons. If we have a year like 2014 with those two out and Gilbert injured as well, we will monumentally struggle. IMO very big gamble re-signing both Fisher and Schneider. At least with Saad we know he is a reliable backup. As for Siposs, he has just been unlucky, and that bad luck keeps continuing. For mine the most disappointing aspect of Schneider was his report in his first game back against Essendon. We can't afford that next year.
How is Geary going?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.