Memorabilia

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Memorabilia

Definitely needs a separate forum for Buy/Swap/Sell/Appraise memorabilia

I have some amazing pieces that are literally money cannot buy.

A Trevor Barker worn T-Shirt autographed by the 2000 team
A piece of Moorabbin Stadium seat back autographed by the team the year the stand was dismantled
40 player collectors cards, 36 autographed from the 1985/86 team (Lockett, Barker, Burns, Sidebottom et all)
Nicky Winmars All Stars jumper autographed by 30+ of the Allies (unfortunately not Nicky)
*** Fitzroy*** Allan Ruthven autographed jumper
Lenny Hayes autographed Menu from the 'Trevor Barker Award' dinner from a couple of years ago.
Robert Harvey Menu, autographed from the Brownlow Dinner of 1998

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
sainterjo
Club Player

I'm selling an AFL team car collection- St Kilda 1996-2013. A couple are missing*, but includes 15 cars ( all in original boxes) and a centenary pack by Matchbox with two cars and a pewter medallion.

Would like them to find a Saintly new home.
Looking for: offers to buy, pricing suggestions, or advice on where to sell.

*1997 and 2009, I wonder why...

PM me for pics and more details.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Grrrrr
Club Player

I was lucky enough to win a Nicky Winmar signed jumper at the St Kilda Social Club the night Saints thrashed Carlton in the 1996 night grand final. I've had it framed along with the ticket stub from the game and, of course, the scoreline.

I also have, I think from around 1986, an autograph book (soft cover with pictures of players in their own individual plastic sleeves) that has most of the players' autographs from that period.

mambo2706
Club Player

Grrrrr wrote:I also have, I think from around 1986, an autograph book (soft cover with pictures of players in their own individual plastic sleeves) that has most of the players' autographs from that period.
From memory one book was released in 1986 and another in 1987. The cards from the 1987 set were the same as the ones in 1986 except stickers with updated stats were placed over the old stats.

mambo2706
Club Player

sainterjo wrote:I'm selling an AFL team car collection- St Kilda 1996-2013. A couple are missing*, but includes 15 cars ( all in original boxes) and a centenary pack by Matchbox with two cars and a pewter medallion.

Would like them to find a Saintly new home.
Looking for: offers to buy, pricing suggestions, or advice on where to sell.

*1997 and 2009, I wonder why...

PM me for pics and more details.
I also have these cars. I think I have all of them but they are in different boxes around the house so not 100% sure. If you can't sell them on here try eBay.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Grrrrr wrote:I was lucky enough to win a Nicky Winmar signed jumper at the St Kilda Social Club the night Saints thrashed Carlton in the 1996 night grand final. I've had it framed along with the ticket stub from the game and, of course, the scoreline.

I also have, I think from around 1986, an autograph book (soft cover with pictures of players in their own individual plastic sleeves) that has most of the players' autographs from that period.
That's the books that I had - but I split them all up and framed them - are you missing any - have doubles etc - I have 36 autographed.

What would you value your collection of these cards at?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Also:

and:

― Aristophanes

mambo2706
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Grrrrr wrote:I was lucky enough to win a Nicky Winmar signed jumper at the St Kilda Social Club the night Saints thrashed Carlton in the 1996 night grand final. I've had it framed along with the ticket stub from the game and, of course, the scoreline.

That's the books that I had - but I split them all up and framed them - are you missing any - have doubles etc - I have 36 autographed.

What would you value your collection of these cards at?
Impressive collection Sainter_Dad :D

FYI There are 40 player cards, 1 coach card, 1 assistant coach card, 1 theme song card and 1 supporter card from the 1986 set

The 1987 set contains 44 player cards, 1 coach card, 1 theme song card and i supporter card

It looks like you have the 1986 set as Graeme Gellie is coach

Edit: Looks like you have a combination of the 2 sets. Dean Rice wouldn't have been in the 1986 set.

mambo2706
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:What would you value your collection of these cards at?
This might give you an idea

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1986-St-Kild ... 5389558364

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1987-St-Kild ... 5395045458

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:What would you value your collection of these cards at?
This might give you an idea

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1986-St-Kild ... 5389558364

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1987-St-Kild ... 5395045458
Holy Potatoes

So an unsigned set - approx. $1,000.00 - Mine has Barker, Lockett, Sidebottom et al signed. Missing Ricky Nixon and two others. Well worth the cold days at Moorabbin, I cannot remember though if I have officially given them to Sainter_Boy!

― Aristophanes

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget its only worth what someone would pay.
If its on for a $1000 and hasn't sold its prob not worth the grand.

I've got s*** loads of golds and silvers teamciach if anyone's kids are missing certain years and players, nothing from the last 4 or 5 years tho.

mambo2706
Club Player

matrix wrote:Don't forget its only worth what someone would pay.
Very true matrix.

Also, just because something is signed doesn't always mean the value goes up. Some collectors want things in mint condition - as soon as something is signed it's no longer mint and therefore the value decreases (for that buyer). Having said that some collectors love signed items so the things like Sainter_Dad's cards would be worth a lot more to them.

IMO Sainter_Dad's cards would not be worth as much as the Ebay cards as he has a mixed set ('86 & '87) and missing cards. Sorry Sainter_Dad :( . Of course that is just my opinion and I am very often wrong.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed
mixed set worth a bit less

and also depends where the sig is too i reckon
if hte sigs on teh back of the guernsey im not interested
wetf do i care about seeing a number with a sig sideways on a one for

for me the sig needs to be on the front with a nice thick black texta so you can read it from at least a meter away

linz
Club Player

My wife rang and asked me how high she should bid for Nathan Burke's 300th match day jumper at a local Scouts fundraising night.
I told her to go to $800. She picked it up for $100. Maybe because it was a bit dirty. :D

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
loris
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:My wife rang and asked me how high she should bid for Nathan Burke's 300th match day jumper at a local Scouts fundraising night.
I told her to go to $800. She picked it up for $100. Maybe because it was a bit dirty. :D
That's fantastic news for her "linz"............. now she has got the remaining $700 dollars to have a splurge on some jewellery, perfume and other such goodies for herself :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:My wife rang and asked me how high she should bid for Nathan Burke's 300th match day jumper at a local Scouts fundraising night.

I got the same one and so did 6 of my mates.

linz
Club Player

Ha Ha. You might be right. I'll do a DNA test on the jumper.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

100 coins for burkes 300th game worn jumper?
are you freaking kidding us ?

thats a steal and a half

is it signed and dated ?

oh hang on
it wasnt game worn
still
decent price

way to be a killjoy pluggs lol

linz
Club Player

It is game worn and signed with a little plaque that goes with it. Anyone know how to post a photo?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I have Nick Winmars StkIlda team of the Century framed jumper he was presented with on the night. His two Best and FAIREST Trophies and his AA Awards.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:I have Nick Winmars StkIlda team of the Century framed jumper he was presented with on the night. His two Best and FAIREST Trophies and his AA Awards.

I know he played at your club but why would he do that? I think you should give them back or at least donate to the club.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:I have Nick Winmars StkIlda team of the Century framed jumper he was presented with on the night. His two Best and FAIREST Trophies and his AA Awards.

I know he played at your club but why would he do that? I think you should give them back or at least donate to the club.

He took it from the museum and left it at my house trust me my wife doesnt want it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He took it from the museum and left it at my house trust me my wife doesnt want it.

Then give it back to the museum.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Then give it back to the museum.
He doesn't want it there at the moment. Go into Reece Clayton store the jumper is up there.

linz
Club Player

matrix wrote:100 coins for burkes 300th game worn jumper?
are you freaking kidding us ?

thats a steal and a half

is it signed and dated ?

oh hang on
it wasnt game worn
still
decent price

way to be a killjoy pluggs lol
Here's a pic of the jumper. http://imageshack.com/a/img908/1960/4Od0F6.jpg
If it works!!)