Spencer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Spencer

saynta wrote:
Razor wrote:People over-rate spencer white so much its ridiculous. He is nothing special at all and is a very poor set shot for goal. He started preseason a month early and still can get himself fit enough. I don't see him on the list next year.
I don't know if Dermot knows young footballers or not, but I'm prepared to wager that he knows more than you and me.

Last year he is on record as saying that we only have two up and coming young footballers who have the potential to be A grade players. Steven and White.
I wouldn't read that as an endorsement for White but a swipe which was supposed to insult Pelchen.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
hayes66
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Watching Tom Lynch on the TV now. He's a pretty handy forward for Adelaide now and we seemed to give up on him before he matured. I hope we're not making the same mistake with Buddy.
Ross Lyon. King of the kids.
Lynch is a spud mate. He is from the 08 draft and as we know nothing good came from that. It's been all in the papers, On the couch everywhere.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

hayes66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Watching Tom Lynch on the TV now. He's a pretty handy forward for Adelaide now and we seemed to give up on him before he matured. I hope we're not making the same mistake with Buddy.
Ross Lyon. King of the kids.
Lynch is a spud mate. He is from the 08 draft and as we know nothing good came from that. It's been all in the papers, On the couch everywhere.
A bit of irony in that 08 draft looking at it. Cruel irony for us Sainters.
The only player we have playing for us out of that draft is Shane Savage.
Lynch and Stanley have survived but been moved on.

Meanwhile Freo have Hill, Walters, Suban, Ballantyne and Z Clarke. Thats 5 players from one draft still playing for them.
Ross Lyon must wake up every morning and go geez I love the 08 draft! Was a beauty!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Why are we bagging him again? Can I have a go? He has funny hair and is too tall. I don't like him because he doesn't get games. If he was any good he'd be a Collingwood anyway. I don't like young people they do weird stuff and play on computers all day. I bet he's unfit because he spends all day playing pac man and galaga. Young whipper snapper.

Any way he said he's been told he's on track but needs to improve his defensive work rate. I know everyone on here knows more than him but he's a good young guy with a level head and plans on getting games this year. But hey don't lets stop bagging him out. He made us lose to Hawthorn.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Ross Lyon must wake up every morning and go geez I love the 08 draft! Was a beauty!
I'm not sure he though that in 2010 and 2011, Con.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Megamaguire
Club Player

Spencer Rated BY DERM

Hope Derm is correct reg: Spence. Derm also spoke highly of Bruce when we went after him.
So along with Steven the 2 talls would be nice parts of the puzzle to have locked in.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Why are we bagging him again? Can I have a go? He has funny hair and is too tall. I don't like him because he doesn't get games. If he was any good he'd be a Collingwood anyway. I don't like young people they do weird stuff and play on computers all day. I bet he's unfit because he spends all day playing pac man and galaga. Young whipper snapper.

Any way he said he's been told he's on track but needs to improve his defensive work rate. I know everyone on here knows more than him but he's a good young guy with a level head and plans on getting games this year. But hey don't lets stop bagging him out. He made us lose to Hawthorn.
:D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

"Blurt "over on Big Footy seems to be a White fan, as am I.

"I went yesterday. Missed the first 15 mins. Here's what I thought:

Spencer White - Decent game. Played up the ground quite a bit, inconsistent defensive efforts but still looks to have improved that part of his game. Took a strong pack mark and had a exiting run down the wing in the last. Disposal was good as well. Took first options more, not trying to do too much as in previous years. Let down a bit by poor kicking from teammates having made good position on a few occasions. Still a way to go but looked the most likely out of the Saints players."