Rookie Upgrades

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Rookie Upgrades

If any rookie is playing they will need to be upgraded in the next 4 hours I would think. I doubt any rookie can be picked in the 25.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rookie Upgrades

I thought there hadn't been any rookie upgrade announcements or, if there were, I must have missed them. You would think it unlikely now to announce any upgrades but we do have a few long term injuries so we actually can upgrade one or two.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Saad elevated

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Saad elevated

Well he is playing then. Sinclair misses out and so does Holmes and Schneider. I would have played Schneider.

mambo2706
Club Player

ST KILDA has lodged paperwork to elevate rookies Ahmed Saad, Jack Sinclair and Adam Schneider to the club’s senior list ahead of Sunday’s clash with GWS.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-04-0 ... ookie-trio

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Went far to early as my ex would know. 3 rookies playing. Not sure what that really says.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Went far to early as my ex would know. 3 rookies playing. Not sure what that really says.
Go early. Go often.

But where to now for Johnny?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Went far to early as my ex would know. 3 rookies playing. Not sure what that really says.
Go early. Go often.

It would be pretty silly to bring in a ruck man when three others are already on the senior list and fit. Should get a chance at some point knowing us.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Go early. Go often.

Happy enough. In the end, an elevation is just that.

Holmes is still behind Hickey, Longer and Pierce so unless 1/2 go down, why elevate?

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

given the NAB form of Lonie and Saad, I would think Schneids can count himself lucky. He didnt show any more than they did , and I would have thought was 3rd in line for small forward position.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:given the NAB form of Lonie and Saad, I would think Schneids can count himself lucky. He didnt show any more than they did , and I would have thought was 3rd in line for small forward position.
Schneider skills and endeavour was poor v Hawthorn. Very lucky to be upgraded.

Playon
Club Player

Schneids is AFL ready some of the other haven't even played one game yet, I don't think it's ideal to fill up our team with inexperienced players. I'd like us to win some games. With our injury list we need to add some experienced players. It shows our midfield depth when were relying on 1st year players and rookies.

Make up a best 22 based on those available that will win us some games and you'll see,

Also I didn't see too many shining lights in the Hawthorn game I wouldn't pick a side based on that game.
Schneids is probably the next best available option especially if joey isn't playing

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Schneids is AFL ready some of the other haven't even played one game yet, I don't think it's ideal to fill up our team with inexperienced players. I'd like us to win some games. With our injury list we need to add some experienced players. It shows our midfield depth when were relying on 1st year players and rookies.

Make up a best 22 based on those available that will win us some games and you'll see,

Also I didn't see too many shining lights in the Hawthorn game I wouldn't pick a side based on that game.
Schneids is probably the next best available option especially if joey isn't playing
None of what you have written is even close to the comms coming out of the club.
Birth certificates or experience don't matter.

Schneider's efforts against Hawthorn were ordinary - especially for a senior player. It was the same last season. Which is probably why he was placed on the rookie list.
Contrast that to Saad's efforts.

If you believe the word out the club and efforts count more than reputation then Sinclair should start ahead of him - and by some way.

FQF
SS Life Member

Strange that we will be playing Lonie, Saad and Schneider but it seems that that's the plan.

mambo2706
Club Player

Just because the three players were elevated doesn't mean they will all be playing in the seniors.

FQF
SS Life Member

mambo2706 wrote:Just because the three players were elevated doesn't mean they will all be playing in the seniors.
It pretty much does

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:Just because the three players were elevated doesn't mean they will all be playing in the seniors.

Correct but they will all be in the 25. Seems strange to elevate though if they aren't playing.

mambo2706
Club Player

FQF wrote:
It pretty much does
One or two might get a game this week and the other next week. Who knows? They were elevated to cover the players on the long tern injury list. The injured players weren't guaranteed a game if they had have been fit so I think it will be the same for these three.

FQF
SS Life Member

mambo2706 wrote:
FQF wrote:
It pretty much does
One or two might get a game this week and the other next week. Who knows? They were elevated to cover the players on the long tern injury list. The injured players weren't guaranteed a game if they had have been fit so I think it will be the same for these three.
There are financial implications that make upgrading not worth it unless they will play. Sure the club can upgrade for any reason but it's not done. If they wanted to play someone next week, they would upgrade next week.

Pretty sure if you look back to last year, whenever a player was upgraded they played that week.

mambo2706
Club Player

FQF wrote:
mambo2706 wrote:
FQF wrote:
It pretty much does
There are financial implications that make upgrading not worth it unless they will play. Sure the club can upgrade for any reason but it's not done. If they wanted to play someone next week, they would upgrade next week.

Pretty sure if you look back to last year, whenever a player was upgraded they played that week.
Very true. I agree with P66 that they will all be named in the 25 but I highly doubt they will all play.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I thought Saad would be upgraded pretty early as he's actually got a good strike rate and we are desperate for goals. Sinclair showed a bit of grunt last week around the ball where we are really light on. Schneider a big surprise but I guess they are gambling he can turn back the clock and squeeze out one or two more classy, goal kicking, play setting up displays and get us across the line.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:I thought Saad would be upgraded pretty early as he's actually got a good strike rate and we are desperate for goals. Sinclair showed a bit of grunt last week around the ball where we are really light on. Schneider a big surprise but I guess they are gambling he can turn back the clock and squeeze out one or two more classy, goal kicking, play setting up displays and get us across the line.

I think the experience will be pretty valuable. A few guys were saying at training that Scnieder would play round 1. He must have had a fairly solid preseason. Having a preseason is rare for him.