Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Re: Changes for next week

In: Billings, Hickey ,Webster ,Acres

Out: Saad, Templeton, Shenton, Lonie or Sinclair

coopergrech
Club Player

In - Billings, Hickey, Acres, McKenzie(if joey reported)
Out- Templeton, Longer, Saad, Montagna (if reported)

Also Schneids played a great game

FQF
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:Can't complain about the effort. Game plan is sound. We just lack a bit of polish and at times decision making. Expect two changes, Roo is fine and Billy will keep his place.
Why is Longer ahead of Hickey at the moment?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gotta be billings and acres
to replace saad and eli

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Richo said in his video that Saad did on OK job on Heath Shaw and that he'll be better for getting the first one out of the way. Doesn't sound like he's inclined to drop him next week.
Heath Shaw smashed him. Saad got one kick.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:gotta be billings and acres
to replace saad and eli
I think Acres takes spots from Roberton or Shenton as he's looking like a back ATM but Eli or Saad would probably only give a spot up to Saunders, Curren, Minchinton or Billings. All seem to have played that role.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Out: Saad and Longer

In: Billings and Hickey

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Currently near Guilin in China. 1.4 billion people here say the umpires were 性交

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Can't complain about the effort. Game plan is sound. We just lack a bit of polish and at times decision making. Expect two changes, Roo is fine and Billy will keep his place.

Why would Billy keep his spot. Unless Hickey wasn't fit it seemed a strange move for him to play in the first place. I think Hickey may have kicked 3 goals on Mumford last year. To me that move was very costly in a close game.

Longer, Eli, Saad

Hickey, Billings, Acres.

Schillaci
Club Player

Billings in for sure.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony - AR has lost his marbles if Longer plays ahead of Hickey - assuming Hickey is fit.

Unless of course tony is AR!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:F Membrey Bruce Schnieder
HF Billings Riewoldt Lonie
C Savage Weller Montagna
HB Shen/Rob Fisher Newnes
B Dempster Delaney Geary
R Hickey Steven Armitage
INT Dunstan Sinclair Acres McKenzie

Montagna and Riewoldt would have to have a question mark over their availability next week, keeping in mind we have a short week in the build up to this.
Did anyone see how White went in the Sandy game? Is he ready for a call up this week if we need to replace Roo?
Montagna could be replaced by Tom Curren maybe.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Why would Billy keep his spot. Unless Hickey wasn't fit it seemed a strange move for him to play in the first place. I think Hickey may have kicked 3 goals on Mumford last year. To me that move was very costly in a close game.

Longer, Eli, Saad

Hickey, Billings, Acres.
I hate to do this - but I totally agree with the Hickey comment - if Hickey had played and put some scoreboard pressure on Mumford, he wouldn't have been able to be so damaging around the ground with no accountability. If Hickey had presented another marking option up forward GWS would have been stretched. Very costly.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Longer was okay. Took some marks and was involved more than he normally is. Let's not forget the beast that Mumford is, and Longer has played less than a season of AFL.

Newnes looked to be limping a bit in the last 5 minutes of the game, so i hope he's fine.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Billings and Hickey to come in.
One of Saad and Templeton to miss, and maybe Membury.

Like to see Sinclair start, maybe Lonie gets the vest.

Milne
Club Player

Saad is definitely out. Billings in to replace him.

Would like to see Eli given another go. He was pretty good last year before his injury.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I haven't been able to watch the match yet, but it's hard to gauge what happened from this thread?

Calling for Montagna & Schneider both to be dropped while they were in our highest ranked players? Standard SS I guess...

Dunstan looks like he had a very quiet day? 13 touches and no tackles? Was he injured?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I haven't been able to watch the match yet, but it's hard to gauge what happened from this thread?

Calling for Montagna & Schneider both to be dropped while they were in our highest ranked players? Standard SS I guess...

Dunstan looks like he had a very quiet day? 13 touches and no tackles? Was he injured?
I wouldn't think there's much logic behind Joey or Schneids being dropped.

Not sure with Dunstan, looked like he never quite got into the game. I'm not sure if maybe he was given a job to do - lots of good mids on the other side for him to stop.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: I haven't been able to watch the match yet, but it's hard to gauge what happened from this thread?
Summing the the game up succinctly: Our effort was good. Our disposal and decision making was often not.
dragit wrote: Calling for Montagna & Schneider both to be dropped while they were in our highest ranked players? Standard SS I guess...
Joey was quieter in the first half. Got better as the game went on. Overall was still one of our busier players. 9 tackles is massive for Joey and so possibly the coaches are trying to have him play a slightly different role.

Cannot fathom why anyone would be calling for Schneider to be dropped :shock: He had a good game.

dragit wrote: Dunstan looks like he had a very quiet day? 13 touches and no tackles? Was he injured?
He was thereabouts all day.Worked hard. Right in the middle of packs. I was actually surprised post-game that he did not have more disposals. I suspect all teams are awre of his class now and so pay him closer attention.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Can't complain about the effort.

That was good
tony74 wrote: Game plan is sound. We just lack a bit of polish and at times decision making.
For mine they too often look to go backwards and sideways. ie Roberton in last quarter on getting the ball immediately looked sideways as a first action and so missed Eli who had lead well in the guts to be well clear. This may also be a confidence issue.

Lots of stupid 5m handballs backwards from guys, that had taken marks or had free kicks 9ie under no pressure to dispose of the ball immediately), to team mates that were not in space and/or were hemmed in.

ie Look at Longer after he took that excellent mark in the last quarter. Stupid hanball toa player with no room who then had to rush getting rid of the ball.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I haven't been able to watch the match yet, but it's hard to gauge what happened from this thread?

Not calling for Montagna to be dropped, but as someone who was at the game yesterday, I can tell you that he played under duress. He kept coming off the ground - at one stage he went off for a long period of the game - to get attention on his knee. And from the report on the radio, this injury is putting a strain on his hamstring. I suggested that he may not come up, because we have a short week - 6 day turnaround - and as such, he may not come up.

He's a great player. Of course if he is right, he plays. Agreed.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Thanks guys!

I'll try and watch it this week.

Can't see Billings playing VFL too many weeks if he's fit.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

OUT: Saad; Shenton & Templeton

IN: Billings: Acres & Hickey

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

From the two games I watched this weekend Billings and Acres have to come in they were a class above in the VFL. They should replace Saad and Eli, we can use Schneids, Lonie and Sinclair as small forwards and they all can rotate through the midfield which gives us more flexibility.
Hickey was great in the VFL so I would bring him in for Longer, I would also bring in White for Shenton, we need another tall option up forward, shenton is an honest footballer but he cost us 3 goals through some terrible disposal and in a tight game this was crucial.

saint-stu
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
dragit wrote: Dunstan looks like he had a very quiet day? 13 touches and no tackles? Was he injured?
He was thereabouts all day.Worked hard. Right in the middle of packs. I was actually surprised post-game that he did not have more disposals. I suspect all teams are awre of his class now and so pay him closer attention.
I thought the same. At the game Dunstan looked pretty good. I thought he did some good things with the possessions he had, but after the game was surprised he didn't have that many. And no tackles!

Monty had 24 disposals and 9 tackles, playing injured. Fantastic effort!

1ac46a38