Any changes for next week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Any changes for next week?

Just had a look at the injury list.

We could potentially have Monty, Webster and Gilbert all available for selection. Throw in the VFL form of Paddy, Acres, McKenzie, Eli and Hugh.

Tough decisions...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:Just had a look at the injury list.

We could potentially have Monty, Webster and Gilbert all available for selection. Throw in the VFL form of Paddy, Acres, McKenzie, Eli and Hugh.

Tough decisions...
Didn't realise Gilbo was so close to full fitness?! I would give him a solid 3-4 weeks at Sandy before giving him the go ahead. Needs plenty of game time under his belt to prove he's physically capable. If and when this occurs, he'll be a massive in. Really good player is Gilbo.

Wouldnt be looking at McCartin either. Not the best idea to debut a KP #1 pick against the pies at the MCG, if recent history is anything to go by.. :wink:

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
FQF wrote:Just had a look at the injury list.

Tough decisions...
Didn't realise Gilbo was so close to full fitness?! I would give him a solid 3-4 weeks at Sandy before giving him the go ahead. Needs plenty of game time under his belt to prove he's physically capable. If and when this occurs, he'll be a massive in. Really good player is Gilbo.

Wouldnt be looking at McCartin either. Not the best idea to debut a KP #1 pick against the pies at the MCG, if recent history is anything to go by.. :wink:
YEah Webster and Gilbert would probably need a run in the reserves for a bit. Richo may want to reward the lads efforts on the weekend by not changing the team. But I think this is a great chance use our depth and keep our group fresh. I would look at giving at least a couple of McCartin, Acres, McKenzie and Goddard a go in the ones. We want a good sense of competition of spots.

#gosaintas
Club Player

If Webster is ready for AFL he should come in for Shenton who is ready for VFL

realdeal
Club Player

You'd think that if fit, Joey and Schnied's would be the only Ins this week.. I'd like a couple of the youngsters to play a week or two in the proper VFL season first.

It also depends how the players have pulled up from the past couple of 6 day breaks. Is Saad fit for this week?

spert
Saintsational Legend

If all players are fit, then no change. That win was very important for the club and the players should be rewarded.

longtimesaint
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:If Webster is ready for AFL he should come in for Shenton who is ready for VFL
Did you watch the game?
Shenton had his best game for the club and was an important part of the back 6.
He provides run out of defence and is strong in the tackles.

One year will be our year
noob
Club Player

Minchington for Curren? Similar players, but Darren seems to have a better scoring ability than Thomas does.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

No one played poorly and we had a very good win. I don't think there should be any changes. Even the guys who just had solid games all made some amazing defensive efforts which lifted the team - Curren forcing Harbrow to cough it up for Dunstan's goal. Membrey getting crunched going back with the flight which created a goal and Roberton's tackling was excellent again, particularly stopping Martin in his tracks as he was streaming out of defence. I don't think you can drop those guys and everyone else had very strong games. Saad was excellent before the knock but could possibly make way as a 'precaution' if they really want Joey in.

bergsone
SS Life Member

When was the last time we had,NO CHANGE ?

Maybe Joey in for Saad,but only if he is ready,if not give him another week recovery.Having said that Saad looked good until he left the field