Great work on the clash jumpers.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Great work on the clash jumpers.

Surely this cant be right???

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Great work on the clash jumpers.

I really like this one, and as you can see from Patrick Keane's photo, there is no chance of any clash....

This is the best clash jumper we have come up with since the candy stripe of the early 2000's.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Its also very similar to the "Centenary" jumper we wore against Collingwood in 1996.

I hope that is an omen, it remains one of my most favourite games of all time.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Why do so many people still go on about the Saints & Pies jumpers looking the same from the front?

Surely no one still has a black & white telly? :shock:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The pies jumper for 100 years was predominately white with black stripes which I don't think would clash with our normal jumper. However, now that the pies have changed their home jumper to black with whote strip is now totally clashes with us as well as other teams with a lot of black in the jumper.

Old Jumper:

New jumper:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

From the front there is still a definite clash.

Our jumper should be either mainly white front and back or red front and back against the Pies.

It shouldn't be this difficult every year FFS!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Glad to see the Filth finally succumbing to AFL pressure and wearing their white and black clash strip as opposed to their traditional black and white strip :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Can't see the problem myself, even with my ancient dodgy eyesight. Our clash strip with white shorts is mainly white, their home strip is mainly black, from both front and back.

Where's the problem?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Jumpers are too similar from the front.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:

I really like this one, and as you can see from Patrick Keane's photo, there is no chance of any clash....

This is the best clash jumper we have come up with since the candy stripe of the early 2000's.

Candy stripe was my all time fave.

God_Nel
Club Player

The shorts and socks make it much easier.

Big fuss over nothing as is C'Wood's M.O

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

No clash in the first game at Moorabbin exactly 50 years ago today (although it was our home game).

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Why do so many people still go on about the Saints & Pies jumpers looking the same from the front?

Surely no one still has a black & white telly? :shock:
This

avid
Club Player

I REALLY like this year's clash jumper.
But our Regular three-panel front clashes with Collingwood less than the clash one.
All reason has left this debate

saint-stu
Club Player

I like the current clash jumper, but it's just a variation on the candy stripe which was a much better at avoiding a clash. So why were we told not to use the candy stripe?!

1ac46a38
thequarry
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:I like the current clash jumper, but it's just a variation on the candy stripe which was a much better at avoiding a clash. So why were we told not to use the candy stripe?!
I think the candy stripe might have fallen over because there were more stripes, making it darker, black cuffs and the stripes were on the back as well. I think this one's just about perfect - heritage value (the front is exactly the same as the 1893-1914 jumper), and where it got through would have been the white cuffs, an all-white back and we have clash socks now as well. Obviously with similar-width stripes to Collingwood last night was its litmus test but I think it came through pretty well. Also you could argue it's better than the 2009-2010 clash for the Collingwood issue because there was only a tiny bit of red restricted to on part of the jumper and from the other side the jumper is essentially a white stripe and black stripe (the new clash has red throughout the front).

Personally I really think we should have red numbers on the back of our clash, and it would have helped last night a little more. Really the jumper should be mostly red and white and smaller amount of black - or even just with red cuffs, but I don't know how that would look with the current clash (which I think is just about the best jumper the club's had).

RedWhite&Black
Club Player

I love this clash jumper, but I think against Collingwood we could wear our hot cross bun jumper, with white shorts. It's mainly red and would really stand out against Collingwood. I think against any other team, our current clash is great.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Whom do we clash with?

In most cases it's mainly about the teams looking the same (from the back) for
people with bad eyesight sitting half a mile away.

The regular jumper with an all red or white back should solve most problems.

The candy strip is also good. Lord spare us the thing inflicted upon us in the 2010 GF.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:No clash in the first game at Moorabbin exactly 50 years ago today (although it was our home game).

Well, doesn't just one picture prove the point. If there is any concern about a "clash" then this is what both teams should wear for every Saints V Woods game. But most of the issue of "clash" jumpers has more to do with marketing opportunities than anything else. The only change to what we see in the picture would be the colour of the umpire's kit, although I dare say some would suggest that at least one of the umpire's on Friday was wearing Collingwood colours.

citywest

Sometimes I think the people in charge are monkeys. FFS, every year they keep stuffing it up. The answer is so simple. The front of our jumper does not have to change. Leave it as it is with the red, white and black tri-panel. Depending on who our opponent is for away games will determine the back of our jumper. eg. when we play Collingfilth the back should be white or red. In other words, leave the front exactly how it is and just change the back depending who we are playing FFS.

Is there anyone on here that can photoshop and show us examples of what this would look like? Show us front and back of our home jumper and then a second shot with a white back and then a third shot with a red back.......Once we have that then I will personally print them off and hand deliver them to the club.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

on the boundary fence in the background of the Moorabbin shot ,
does that say Mighty Haters or Waters ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
lefty
Club Player

There was nothing wrong with our jumpers on Friday night.
If you couldn't tell the difference, there's something wrong.

I'd argue the "Whiter" version in 2010 is FAR FAR worse as there is a lack of RED, which is the differing colour.

Move on ppl, I really like our new away jumper.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Sometimes I think the people in charge are monkeys. FFS, every year they keep stuffing it up. The answer is so simple. The front of our jumper does not have to change. Leave it as it is with the red, white and black tri-panel. Depending on who our opponent is for away games will determine the back of our jumper. eg. when we play Collingfilth the back should be white or red. In other words, leave the front exactly how it is and just change the back depending who we are playing FFS.

Is there anyone on here that can photoshop and show us examples of what this would look like? Show us front and back of our home jumper and then a second shot with a white back and then a third shot with a red back.......Once we have that then I will personally print them off and hand deliver them to the club.
Our 1997 cross jumper would surely be best against the filth and it also has some heritage as we played with it in the 1997 grand final.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
citywest wrote:Sometimes I think the people in charge are monkeys. FFS, every year they keep stuffing it up. The answer is so simple. The front of our jumper does not have to change. Leave it as it is with the red, white and black tri-panel. Depending on who our opponent is for away games will determine the back of our jumper. eg. when we play Collingfilth the back should be white or red. In other words, leave the front exactly how it is and just change the back depending who we are playing FFS.

Our 1997 cross jumper would surely be best against the filth and it also has some heritage as we played with it in the 1997 grand final.
Yes, would love to see the '90s tombstone strip make a comeback.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!