A little perspective about Adam Schenider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

A little perspective about Adam Schenider

Haven't seen the game but from what I can gather he had a shocker and 2 late missed shots compounded that.

At times like this it's very easy to sink the boots in.

Far be it from me to act as his cheerleader as I am arguably his biggest detractor but if you're being fair dinkum, today's game shouldn't change your opinion of him.

Assuming today's game was as bad as is being made out, if you're a fan and think he's playing well... then this is a bad blip. If you're a detractor like me, the difference in contribution should not be measured by whether he kicked the sealer today or not.

Same goes if your a fan that fluctuates between those arcs. One game does not a season make, 2 shots doth not define quality of game.

Chill out. i'm sure the guys really hurting right now

philtee
Club Player

Re: A little perspective about Adam Schenider

Schneider was actually pretty good throughout the game, in and under, tackling hard, being creative, nullifying opponents.
It was the highest workrate I've seen from him in years.
And he got a free!
If either of his two last quarter shots had sailed through, we'd be hailing him a hero.
Not writing-off the Schneiderman just yet.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

21 possessions. Go figure.

Saint supporter since '62
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

21 possessions
9 contested
73% efficiency
Not horrible numbers, but boy those misses brought back memories of Grand finals past!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Year - Goals.Behinds

2011- 30.11 (good year)

2012 - 8.6 (writing on the wall)
2013 - 4.4 (cooked)
2014 - 8.10 (cooked)
2015 - 2.5
His DE is now below average.

That is perspective.
His goal average has gone from 1.6 (2010) down to 0.5. An opportunist like him needs to score. The reason he now kicks more points is because he lost a yard or three of pace and is rushing his kicks. It is so obvious.

Seriously I lost my rag not because of today but because he has gone on two years too many - selfishly putting his bank account before the club. Should have retired with dignity. The club needs to show some balls here.
People defending him are living in the past. He is a liability when exposed in a one on one.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 03 May 2015 8:22pm, edited 4 times in total.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Wouldn't call it a shocker, the set shot and goal he missed from 40m out was a shocker and the last goal was stiff by the time he got control of it he virtually had to kick it straight up in the air.

Wasn't our worst by a long stretch!!!!

The_Merchant
Club Player

Except for the two misses he played very well.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Apart from those two misses at end - which he probably should have kicked although neither were sodas - Schneids was okay tonight, did some really constructive things. With Roo, Joey, Gilbert and even Farren out we're sorely lacking in leadership (given our chosen rebuild path) so Schneids is clearly there to add some experience to a young group and his presence is completely valid and entirely warranted. The opinions voiced in the locked thread are a disgrace and some people should be embarrassed to call themselves Saints fans.

Even though it was painful to lose a great and close game there are so many positives we should be gleaning from that effort that to dwell on negatives and hunt for scapegoats is short-sighted and inane.

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Good thread skeptic - respect.

People are losing their minds on here tonight, well Con is no doubt.

Schneider had a pretty quiet game, but did some good things... wasn't in our worst IMO.

I think if Minchington had of come in and played his game most people would be happy, the reality is that it's not as easy as it looks.

We have plenty of youth in the side, I have no problems with Schneider in the team today... I'll also have no problem if he misses out next week if we get a few senior players back. We don't need 22 guys with under 50 games experience playing together.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Made a pact that I won't watch that cheating disgrace ever again

Received 5 text messages about Schneider in the last 10 mins,must of been ugly...

Bring back the Lockett era
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I think people's frustration comes from him being spectacularly average at kicking clutch goals.

Those one's you think "gee we really need this", Schneider's record is poor.

Today he continued that. Those 2 shots at goal in the last 10 mins were diabolical.

Did he have a poor game?? No. Will he be dropped?? No. Should he have kicked those 2 and given us a morale boosting 4 points? ? Absolutely.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Good thread skeptic - respect.

People are losing their minds on here tonight, well Con is no doubt.

Schneider had a pretty quiet game, but did some good things... wasn't in our worst IMO.

I think if Minchington had of come in and played his game most people would be happy, the reality is that it's not as easy as it looks.

We have plenty of youth in the side, I have no problems with Schneider in the team today... I'll also have no problem if he misses out next week if we get a few senior players back. We don't need 22 guys with under 50 games experience playing together.
Had his chance at respect.
Does respect mean a guy who was good 5 years can play as long as they want?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:I think people's frustration comes from him being spectacularly average at kicking clutch goals.

Today he continued that. Those 2 shots at goal in the last 10 mins were diabolical.

Did he have a poor game?? No. Will he be dropped?? No. Should he have kicked those 2 and given us a morale boosting 4 points? ? Absolutely.

But his goal average has fallen from 1.6 to 0.5
This isnt just about clutch goals or today but his general inability to score since 2011.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Year - Goals.Behinds

2011- 30.11 (good year)

2013 - 4.4 (cooked)
2014 - 8.10 (cooked)
2015 - 2.5

That is perspective.
Seriously I lost my rag not because of today but because he has gone on two years too many - selfishly putting his bank account before the club. Should have retired with dignity. The club needs to show some balls here.
People defending him are living in the past. He is a liability when exposed in a one on one.
Haven't you been banned yet?

You just missed the stats that show he is averaging career high disposals, marks & tackles...

He's not playing in a good team anymore, but the guy has absolutely earnt his spot this year no matter how much you want to sook about it.

He will step aside when the club doesn't need him any more, I 100% resent your repeated snipes that he is ripping the club off… you have no idea - NONE.

lefty
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Had his chance at respect.
Does respect mean a guy who was good 5 years can play as long as they want?
Chill, 2 goals 6 behinds in the first quarter cost the game.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
St Chris wrote:I think people's frustration comes from him being spectacularly average at kicking clutch goals.

But his goal average has fallen from 1.6 to 0.5
This isnt just about clutch goals or today but his general inability to score since 2011.
Maybe he's not playing a forward pocket role in GF team anymore?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

2011- 30.11 (good year)

2013 - 4.4 (cooked)
2014 - 8.10 (cooked)
2015 - 2.5

That is perspective.
His goal average has gone from 1.6 (2010) down to 0.5. An opportunist like him needs to score. The reason he now kicks more points is because he lost a yard or three of pace and is rushing his kicks. It is so obvious.

You don't think the club had any say in whether he played on or not?

Did anyone tell Sam Dunnell he could have just stayed on the list if he wanted to?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

He should have finished better....but anyone stating that he had a shocker has no idea.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I think those that jumped straight into Schneids are probably feeling a bit embarrassed now.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:

2011- 30.11 (good year)

2013 - 4.4 (cooked)
2014 - 8.10 (cooked)
2015 - 2.5

That is perspective.

Did anyone tell Sam Dunnell he could have just stayed on the list if he wanted to?
Good point but why is he still posting after the comments in the other thread again?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
seano1
Club Player

omg leave the bloke alone.......again every player goes out to do his upmost its why they reach AFL level, what some people are saying is shocking..it was a good game which was marred with mistakes which cost us the game not just by Adam as for recruiting him as a rookie.....why not we have a young list that needs some older heads to help them wether that be at training, playing ones or the twos he is going to be showing , telling and teaching them the ways of the AFL...its what we don't see could be why he was drafted .and its not costing s*** loads as some report.

If you were turning 65 at whatever work you do and the bosses come and ask you to stay one more year to help the younger ones...would you walk away from that money before you go on a pension ......I would stay......

Many of us offer support from the wings the forward or back pockets....maybe he is supporting the team from within.
Last edited by seano1 on Sun 03 May 2015 8:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrewg
Club Player

He let the young boys down today

Austinnn
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: You don't think the club had any say in whether he played on or not?

Exactly. What a bizarre point to keep labouring. Schneider was wanted by coaching staff, otherwise he would have stayed delisted, but he was resigned and elevated. Deal with it.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

2011- 30.11 (good year)

2013 - 4.4 (cooked)
2014 - 8.10 (cooked)
2015 - 2.5

That is perspective.

Good point but why is he still posting after the comments in the other thread again?
Because some of the mods have a life which includes watching the Saints. I have now read the other posts and given Con a temporary ban so the mods can discuss possible action.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I think those that jumped straight into Schneids are probably feeling a bit embarrassed now.
I wasn't one of them, but why? Unless it got really personal...
He is a (supposed) leader, demands the ball in clutch positions and does what again?
He cost us today, disappointing.

Personally I don't want him in the team anymore, but I won't bag him in saying that.
He has been good for us, and around the club he is probably great.
He doesn't run hard enough defensively for me, given how young we are at the moment I can understand why they play him, I just wouldn't.

*** Sorry just read the Schneider thread (at least a couple of posts anyway) poor form, I agree, no need to get personal whatever you think of him ***
Last edited by maverick on Sun 03 May 2015 9:03pm, edited 1 time in total.