Dogs are ripe for the picking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dogs are ripe for the picking

dragit wrote:
The Disch wrote:
dragit wrote:Last time we got confident on here was after the GCS game... logic says the dogs are a much stronger team and will overcome soreness.

There were over 200 tackles in the Sydney-Dogs game last week compared to 132 from our game, so I think we are going to see a different level of pressure this week.

The Saints will be jekyll and hyde for the next 2 years with so many young players, so anything could happen any given week. Would love to see us competitive for 3-4 quarters again.
Nothing wrong with confidence on a fan forum
I don't mind the confidence... But I'm not a big fan of the meltdowns after a 75 point loss, when everyone was very cocky beforehand.

That is also how I feel. Even though Im slightly confident this week Im not going to go off my head if we are smashed. That is what can happen to a side like ours. The problem is if that happens and people thought we could win we get the meltdown like last week. We have to be realistic. And we can also be upset if we lose but we are $3 underdogs for a reason.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Only people that go silly are the ones that had lots to say about it to their mates the week before...

;)

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Only people that go silly are the ones that had lots to say about it to their mates the week before...

;)
Great to see you back K.

Saintsational Legend

We will be up and down from week to week at present....but which weeks we will be up or down most likely will be completely unpredictable.

ie Poor against a weak Blues. Very good against a fairly strong EFC. Logically it should have been the reverse.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:We will be up and down from week to week at present....but which weeks we will be up or down most likely will be completely unpredictable.

ie Poor against a weak Blues. Very good against a fairly strong EFC. Logically it should have been the reverse.
Exactly. Last week will have taken a physical toll on the young players who bravely pushed themselves to the limit. 6 day recoveries have proven our undoing as they struggle to get physically right before even being able to set themselves mentally. I think we should have rotated more players in. Dogs might fall flat too but I think we will really struggle to replicate the pressure of last week. Up and down will be the frustrating pattern until they no longer run on inspiration but grind away consistently and professionally.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I personally think the Dogs have been wollowing in there own bath water for a while now. If we can bring what we brought last week, we might knock them off.

Would be great if Bruce kicks 4 or 5 and $$$$$ kicks none.

The meltdowns are fun to watch after a belting, provided it doesn't lead to a suspension like our mate Con. Looking forward to him returning.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:The meltdowns are fun to watch after a belting, provided it doesn't lead to a suspension like our mate Con. Looking forward to him returning.

You have some strange ideas of fun. Id rather win and not see the fun as you call it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The meltdowns are fun to watch after a belting, provided it doesn't lead to a suspension like our mate Con. Looking forward to him returning.

You have some strange ideas of fun. Id rather win and not see the fun as you call it.

Come on Plugger you love it too. I've seen you turning the knife and watching the unfolding disaster. Con is like a pile of overly dry grass soaked in petrol. There seem like plenty of matches on SS. That said I think the sun's shone a bit too bright across a badly place magnifying glass with his last explosion. I have to admit there is some excitement in watching a train wreck how ever gruesome it gets. Like a christmas party cupboard hump, everyone pretends to be morally outraged but it's the most talked about thing that happened all year.

thequarry
Club Player

Reminds me a *little bit* when looking for an analogue of our win against West Coast in Round 6 of 1998. That was the day that Healy and Everitt each kicked 6 and we kicked eight in the last quarter to run over the top with Mitchell kicking the winner in the last minute...and we played the Brisbane Lions at home the following week who were on the bottom of the ladder and we lost. We were just that sapped by the travel and emotional ride of the match. Maybe the Dogs might have a bit of the same thing...but they're playing St Kilda so I guess it'll probably be closer to what everyone would be thinking straight up anyway.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Resting M Boyd as well which means they are disrespecting us and are not taking us seriously.

Richo should use this as ammo in his pre game speech to fire up the troops.

Dogscray may be a couple of years ahead of us in their development but they are clearly getting ahead of themselves and need to be reminded where they sit in the pecking order i.e. they can't even make GFs.

Saints, bury the filth dog scum.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Come on Plugger you love it too. I've seen you turning the knife and watching the unfolding disaster. Con is like a pile of overly dry grass soaked in petrol. There seem like plenty of matches on SS. That said I think the sun's shone a bit too bright across a badly place magnifying glass with his last explosion. I have to admit there is some excitement in watching a train wreck how ever gruesome it gets. Like a christmas party cupboard hump, everyone pretends to be morally outraged but it's the most talked about thing that happened all year.

I worked at Telecom 30 years ago and no one was outraged by a Xmas party cupboard hump. matter of fact you were outraged if you missed out. I can honestly say I don't like the meltdowns because I usually lose my cool as well with the meltdowners and get a warning.

Austinnn
Club Player

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Brilliant!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Brilliant!
+1

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:just want another four quarter effort, if we do that we still might not win but we shouldn't be embarrassed.

Agree.

I hate losing, but if they keep playing like this I don't care. Last week was one of the most enjoyable games of footy I have watched in a long while.

One of these days Lonie is going to put it all together and kick a bag of six with as many assists.

And I cant wait.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:
Armoooo wrote:just want another four quarter effort, if we do that we still might not win but we shouldn't be embarrassed.

Agree.

I hate losing, but if they keep playing like this I don't care. Last week was one of the most enjoyable games of footy I have watched in a long while.

One of these days Lonie is going to put it all together and kick a bag of six with as many assists.

And I cant wait.
I agree. I really enjoyed last week's match. That effort has got me to the footy again this week. I hope it's just as entertaining.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Must get my eyes tested. Could swear that the thread title was "Dogs arse ripe for the picking". :|

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:

Agree.

And I cant wait.
+1

If they play at the same intensity as the Essendon match, I'll be happy.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Joffa 5
Club Player

The thing is, the dogs are probably 2 years ahead us in their rebuild. In 2 years time, I'd be expecting our boys to dispatch one of the bottom 4 sides quite easily and this is the likely outcome tomorrow. As you say though, bring the intensity and I'll be happy.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Must get my eyes tested. Could swear that the thread title was "Dogs arse ripe for the picking". :|
People see what they want to see... you weird unit.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Must get my eyes tested. Could swear that the thread title was "Dogs arse ripe for the picking". :|
Well I thought that other thread title was "Where's Stringer?"

I suppose if Stringer was missing then the Dogs arse may well be ripe for some pickin' :wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:The thing is, the dogs are probably 2 years ahead us in their rebuild. In 2 years time, I'd be expecting our boys to dispatch one of the bottom 4 sides quite easily and this is the likely outcome tomorrow. As you say though, bring the intensity and I'll be happy.

I don't think they are an amazing side yet and they are gettable. They should win after their form early season but I would say they are around the level of Essendon..... If we come to play they are gettable.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
People see what they want to see... you weird unit.
I'm with you Dragit... :P

The Disch
Club Player

Hate to say i told you so....

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those glimsp of the future type matches where two young sides really hit it out in a cracking contest. Doggies could be ripe given how soggy the SCG was last week... Saints by 8.
Nice...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...