Metro Trains

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Metro Trains

Apologies for the late notice.

www.metrotrains.com.au

Similar to last week for Frankston/Pakenham/Cranbourne not going through the Loop.

Not sure about South Morang and Hurstbridge.

After last weeks 30 minute journey between Southern Cross & Flnders Street and journey into Platform 14, it might be quicker to walk to Flinders Street. Or catch Glen Waverley etc to Richmond and change there.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Metro Trains

Thanks ORT.

I think I'll try the trams this week. Last week I was just trying to get back to Flinders St and caught a Greensborough train. I reckon it stopped at platform 9 and 3/4 at Flinders St. It went way past the normal platforms and dumped about 300 people halfway to Jolimont with a gap that was about two people wide in some places to walk through with train tracks on one side of it. I reckon it took 15 minutes to get out of Flinders St and was just bizarre from a safety point of view.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
St Loxton
Club Player

So how far does the packenham line get you?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:So how far does the packenham line get you?

Flinders St.

St Loxton
Club Player

Thanks Plugger, havent travelled to the big smoke by train for a long time.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:Thanks ORT.

I think I'll try the trams this week. Last week I was just trying to get back to Flinders St and caught a Greensborough train. I reckon it stopped at platform 9 and 3/4 at Flinders St. It went way past the normal platforms and dumped about 300 people halfway to Jolimont with a gap that was about two people wide in some places to walk through with train tracks on one side of it. I reckon it took 15 minutes to get out of Flinders St and was just bizarre from a safety point of view.

I must have been on the same train as you. At one stage I thought the next stop was going to be Jolimint and agree the squeeze back to the escalators from Platform 14 was scary.

If your coming in from apach Pakenham//Cranbourne /Frankston it will go to Flibders street and fingers crossed it may turn into a Werribee line train onto Southern cross. Otherwise it's over to another platform.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I've hit that platform a couple of times in the last twenty years. Not sure what the deal is with it but it feels pretty wrong.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Looks like the Sandy line is effected also.

Maybe I'll drive in again. The $13 car park off the Wurrendiji Way bridge is a good bet if you arrive at least half an hour before the start, any later and it's likely to be full.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

I've hit that platform a couple of times in the last twenty years. Not sure what the deal is with it but it feels pretty wrong.
The whole management of trains is wrong. Flinders St desperately needs an upgrade also

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:So how far does the packenham line get you?
All the way to Pakenham.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Anyone coming from the Frankston, Pakenham/Cranbourne, Sandringham, Hurstbridge or South Morang trains, will travel direct to Flinders Street where your train will terminate and go back, so don't stay on it. Go to platforms 2, 3, 4 or 5 for a train to Southern Cross. On the way home, it will be tricky. There are very few specials: They are
•Sandringham, departing Platform 13 at 4.57pm
•Greensborough, departing Platform 9 at 5.12pm
•South Morang, departing Platform 9 at 5.03pm
If you want to go to Frankston, Sandringham, Pakenham/Cranbourne you will need to take a Glen Waverley, Lilydale/Belgrave train (through the Loop) and change at Richmond. Those on the Hurstbridge/South Morang line will need to take a tram from SC to Flinders Street.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
bergholt wrote:

The whole management of trains is wrong. Flinders St desperately needs an upgrade also
Upgrading Flinders St would cost billions. The federal government only spends billions on roads.