Guess this weeks ins and outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Guess this weeks ins and outs

boneless23 wrote:In a rebuild you have to play the quality kids often.

You can't just pick your best 22 every week as the young talent misses out on being exposed to the speed delta that exists between AFL and VFL and they dont develop i.e. every team Ross Lyon has ever coached!

The comments made about Schneider are not a slight against Adam. He is playing good footy and will be useful througout the year but it doesn't make sense to play him consistently over guys like Acres as we need to put the future first!

If Joey, Rooey, Fish, Dempster, Armo et al weren't around I would say that we needed Schneids in there for his experience but we have a solid core and we need to play the youth now so they can learn from the older blokes while they are still at the Club.

So you think they should drop Schneider this week? I cant believe this stuff. There is many young kids playing. There will be plenty of chances for the others throughout the year. Anyway Schneider isn't going to be dropped whatever silly reasons people come up with. He will be off the senior list soon anyway. Until that time he deserves and should play seniors.

bergsone
SS Life Member

May have missed this,what was Schneiders inj near end of dogs game,limped off

If he is out,Acres or Membury in

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:The only way there is a change is if old mr general soreness visits.

Otherwise no change

Emergencies Acres, Membrey, Eli
Membrey didn't get to play at all last week as he was the emergency on standby. He will play this week in either the firsts or Sandy.

And in regard to Schneids, the coach is on record as saying that his true value is out on the ground teaching the young guys how to play forward.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 14 May 2015 4:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigballs
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
boneless23 wrote:In a rebuild you have to play the quality kids often.

You can't just pick your best 22 every week as the young talent misses out on being exposed to the speed delta that exists between AFL and VFL and they dont develop i.e. every team Ross Lyon has ever coached!

The comments made about Schneider are not a slight against Adam. He is playing good footy and will be useful througout the year but it doesn't make sense to play him consistently over guys like Acres as we need to put the future first!

If Joey, Rooey, Fish, Dempster, Armo et al weren't around I would say that we needed Schneids in there for his experience but we have a solid core and we need to play the youth now so they can learn from the older blokes while they are still at the Club.

So you think they should drop Schneider this week? I cant believe this stuff. There is many young kids playing. There will be plenty of chances for the others throughout the year. Anyway Schneider isn't going to be dropped whatever silly reasons people come up with. He will be off the senior list soon anyway. Until that time he deserves and should play seniors.
Absolutely agree with Pluggs here. Another kid will get his chance after Shneids goes back on to the rookie list.

sMarty_saints
Club Player

After last weeks (well second half) performance, it would be hard to drop anyone. However you sometimes have to look at the opposition and who is a good match up for who. It is a hard balance between wanting the kids to play but also having experience out on the park...

As for changes, if Savage is out, although he had a test and seems to be okay then no change, but if a change then Acres.

I just hope as it is played outdoors that they put on a better show than the last time they played outdoors (ala Wellington).

Can't wait to see Goddard in the team and see how he will go.

boneless23
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Yep... Hence why I spent 5 mins typing a post saying that.

Schneider out, Acres in.

Sinclair and Acres to start with Lonie as the sub.

It probably won't happen but that is what I would like to see.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

boneless23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep... Hence why I spent 5 mins typing a post saying that.

Schneider out, Acres in.

Sinclair and Acres to start with Lonie as the sub.

It probably won't happen but that is what I would like to see.

Well this thread is guessing the ins and outs. Luckily our coaching panel wont do what you want.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Out: Newnes

In: Acres

Newnes has gone under the radar so far I think his been disappointing.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Out: Newnes

In: Acres

Newnes has gone under the radar so far I think his been disappointing.

#gosaintas
Club Player

out

Shneider