Sinclair back to rookie list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Sinclair back to rookie list

WinnersOnly wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Still a dumb post, and pretty low.
Why its the truth! He hasnt been hurting opposition with goals, hence for me he is cheating the club and a young player getting games.
For such an experienced player and coach, surely you realise that the players do not select themselves. Cheating the club by putting his hand up for selection? Seriously.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

So nobody was promoted for Farren Ray. Was his injury not serious enough for him to be out long enough for a rookie promotion>

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

borderbarry wrote:So nobody was promoted for Farren Ray. Was his injury not serious enough for him to be out long enough for a rookie promotion>
Rookies are only promoted if they are going to be picked. Payne and Holmes were our other two rookies but neither of them were going to be picked so they weren't promoted.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

for someone thats played over two hundred games and repped his state youd think you would have a clue then?
fmd i won 5 premierships
so f****** what

it isnt afl
we arent coaches at afl level
and we dont really have a clue about afl level

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:for someone thats played over two hundred games and repped his state youd think you would have a clue then?
fmd i won 5 premierships
so f****** what

it isnt afl
But those stats would've got you a coaching gig at the Saints 13 years ago!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:for someone thats played over two hundred games and repped his state youd think you would have a clue then?
fmd i won 5 premierships
so f****** what

it isnt afl
You are right it doesnt matter but if read the post before it was suggested I had never played or had a clue. Schneider had his place when we were a dominant side in 2009 & 2010 as he finished off everyone elses great work.

IMO now however the fp position is almost a midfield role and he has been found wanting for hardness/running ability. Lonie has shown more courage in 5 games than Schneider has his whole career. In our current state of development I hate seeing older guys hanging about taking younger players spots.

Just because he is a Saints player doesnt mean I cant criticise him or have to like the way he plays!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
fmd i won 5 premierships
so f****** what

it isnt afl
You are right it doesnt matter but if read the post before it was suggested I had never played or had a clue. Schneider had his place when we were a dominant side in 2009 & 2010 as he finished off everyone elses great work.

IMO now however the fp position is almost a midfield role and he has been found wanting for hardness/running ability. Lonie has shown more courage in 5 games than Schneider has his whole career. In our current state of development I hate seeing older guys hanging about taking younger players spots.

Just because he is a Saints player doesnt mean I cant criticise him or have to like the way he plays!

I think he's playing well. I guess it's all subjective ....he also seems to be playing a midfield role not as a pocket these days and the fitness hasn't been an issue when he's played. He has lost some of his explosiveness in the forward line because of it though. If he's not starting on the point of the square he's playing on a flank where he can run in. The flank is not really a position now it just another midfield runner. The pockets seem to run up to the flanks while the flanks run to join in the traffic. everyone runs back to cover in defence. You can't really be a footballer of any type with out a massive fitness base now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
fmd i won 5 premierships
so f****** what

it isnt afl

Anyone can criticise but you say silly things like Lonie has shown more courage in 5 games than Schneider in his whole career you deserve criticism. And when say even sillier things like he is the most disliked saints player ever you deserve even more. And when you say he hgasnt won a hard ball in his life you need to say sorry for talking crap.

The Recruit
Club Player

Schnider or Saad should go back. Sinclaire must stay he will be a great player.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Learn the rules about rookies you bozzos.( At least some of you are)!! Sinclair was the rookie upgraded for Ross. Seb Ross is now able to be selected to play (Sandy or Saints), so Sinclair has to go back onto rookie status....not Schneider or Saad.

Wait until June 11......... then see who is the rookie that will be permanently up graded. I Hope it will be Sinclair, who know it may be Schneider or Saad. Not much use asking for Sinclair to be retained now, as rules are rules....... he was upgraded from rookie status for Ross..... Ross is now ready to return, so sadly Sinclair has to go back to being a rookie.....at least until 11 June........... END OF STORY!!!!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Loris. The rules re rookies need changing IMO

When you upgrade multiple rookies for multiple LTI's, when the First LTI is back you should be able to choose which rookie to demote (ie we'd dump Saad clearly).

It's only an issue when more than one rookie is upgraded at a time of course, but we've shown a gap in the rules.

Maybe our club should but in a suggestion to review the rules so the rookies are full interchangeable?

The mainstream media should pick up on this but they aren't that smart sadly (hint,hint you media types reading this!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Thanks Loris. The rules re rookies need changing IMO

When you upgrade multiple rookies for multiple LTI's, when the First LTI is back you should be able to choose which rookie to demote (ie we'd dump Saad clearly).

It's only an issue when more than one rookie is upgraded at a time of course, but we've shown a gap in the rules.

Maybe our club should but in a suggestion to review the rules so the rookies are full interchangeable?

The mainstream media should pick up on this but they aren't that smart sadly (hint,hint you media types reading this!)

Yes its such a huge issue. Im sure the mainstream media will care. Not. I like it. Its up to clubs to work out whats best for them. They actually have to think into the fuyure.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Thanks Loris. The rules re rookies need changing IMO

Yes its such a huge issue. Im sure the mainstream media will care. Not. I like it. Its up to clubs to work out whats best for them. They actually have to think into the fuyure.
What's so wrong with my idea though?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

loris wrote:Learn the rules about rookies you bozzos.( At least some of you are)!! Sinclair was the rookie upgraded for Ross. Seb Ross is now able to be selected to play (Sandy or Saints), so Sinclair has to go back onto rookie status....not Schneider or Saad.

Wait until June 11......... then see who is the rookie that will be permanently up graded. I Hope it will be Sinclair, who know it may be Schneider or Saad. Not much use asking for Sinclair to be retained now, as rules are rules....... he was upgraded from rookie status for Ross..... Ross is now ready to return, so sadly Sinclair has to go back to being a rookie.....at least until 11 June........... END OF STORY!!!!!!!
Looks like someone else has to learn the rules about rookies with the news that Sinclair will remain elevated!! Anyone can be elevated then put back down for any of the injured players. Elevated player not exclusively tied to the player that went down with a LTI.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:
fmd i won 5 premierships
so f****** what

it isnt afl

Firstly Schneider hasn't played FP all year he has played in the midfield. He is averaging close to 20 possessions a game of which 40% of them are contested, he is also averaging 4 tackles per game. His only downside this year haas been his goal kicking but apart from that he has certainly earned his spot and he has been anything but soft.
You need to open your eyes and take a good look

FQF
SS Life Member

AFL reviewed it's interpretation of the rule after ongoing discussion with St Kilda and Sinclair will remain on senior list with Saad demoted.

Great outcome and a huge endorsement by the club of Sinclair.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

So the rules bit you on the arse Loris. Good choice.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
#gosaintas
Club Player

loris wrote:Learn the rules about rookies you bozzos.( At least some of you are)!! Sinclair was the rookie upgraded for Ross. Seb Ross is now able to be selected to play (Sandy or Saints), so Sinclair has to go back onto rookie status....not Schneider or Saad.

LOL

END OF STORY

with all those !!!!!!!!!! as well

some people...

FQF
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:

LOL

END OF STORY

with all those !!!!!!!!!! as well

some people...
Not really. Loris' interpretation of the rule was correct until the AFL reworked the interpretation.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Pity the UCI aren't as generous with their rule interpretation!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Megamaguire
Club Player

T. Wallace on Sinclair

Heard Terry this arvo getting annoyed on SEN regarding Sinclair having to exit the team because he is a rookie who has to go back down when the guy he replaced comes back. Terry W. like many have been impressed with Sinclair and hate the idea of him losing his spot without an injury being the reason.
T.W. also mentioned how St.Kilda became aware of Sinclair. It was a recommendation from Billings who told our club that Sinclair was just about the best he had come up against . Next thing they have a closer look at him down at the club and the rest is history. Appears that Billings is really value-adding for us.
Looking fwd. to Sinclair honing his development all the more and returning to the top 22 for more games in 2015.

Well Done Sinclair :D

G O S A I N T S!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

So I guess it's not the end of story......>

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

And if I know Loris, she'd be bloody happy the AFL finally looked at how ridiculous the rule was and changed its mind.
And I'd say a little public debate about it didn't hurt one jot either.
Great news for Jack, he's a ripper.

Always loyal
KingSaint
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Why not snivling Scheider. He is my most disliked Saints player ever always 'sea gulling' and looking for the cheap shots. Lazy cant tackle cant run, has been getting reasonable stats but does nothing with them. The guy hasnt won a hard ball get in his entire career exactly why Sydney got rid of him!

Yet we choose to move Sinclair back?
You are a disgrace and a whining sniveling internet hero, why is it your posts triple when we lose, hardly heard from you last week. Weak individuals like you wouldn't last 10 seconds on a footy field yet you choose to degrade a bloke who has played over 200 games at the highest level including a premiership. Get a clue idiot
Mate I played for 25 years and represented my state and coached for another 10.

BBMD you are the internet hero making it personal. I posted last week perhaps you were so wound up in your own misery you missed them!

I think I know what a soft footballer looks like and Schneider is exactly that and always has been. He has played 200 games most as a forward pocket sea gulling around getting cheap goals. Even Fiora played over 100 games you dont have to be hard to play some roles.

It is an opinion BBMD just as you have yours please respect others without becoming personal.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

In my opinion we should just keep Sinclair on the main list. He is 20yo. He is not a baby or a kid (same age as Dunstan and older than Billings). He has shown he can play to AFL standard.
Lets just get on with getting games into him.