Match thread v Eagles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match thread v Eagles

Austinnn wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Definitely not sold on Natinui. Think he's rated on potential and not what he does. 6 marks for the year says it all.
What do his 37 hitouts in this game say then? Nothing at all? He's a ruckman.
He can jump whoopee do!

And get soft frees.

Great athletic ability poor football ability.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
saintbob wrote::shock:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintbob wrote:Why isn't Goddard playing???
Hes 18.
How many 18yo KP players are playing this week AFL-wide?

Id say none.
I don't know how old is Alex Pearce at Freo????
My mistake Pearce is actually 19 snd is out injured this week.

Jake Lever??
Jake = 19y 2 months

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:
Playon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:We need to play Sinclair and Acres every week. Both are keepers. Eli is not AFL standard at this stage.
I wonder why you'd play Templeton ahead of Curren? Arent we supposed to be selecting on performance? I just dont see it
Eli was the big cult hero last year, has he just been found out? 2nd year blues? Being played out of position? I bet he wants to grow those dreadies back now! He and Dunstan can't be enjoying their 2nd year much, after being lauded and awarded low jumper numbers of Plugger and Winmar/Hayes respectively.

Let's hope they can both get their mojo back soonish.
I think both Eli and Dunstan are struggling after their big injuries last year, Eli's broken arm was horrendous, the scar goes from his shoulder to his elbow. Dunstan had a very interrupted pre-season and in this day and age, you can't recover

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
Playon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:We need to play Sinclair and Acres every week. Both are keepers. Eli is not AFL standard at this stage.
I wonder why you'd play Templeton ahead of Curren? Arent we supposed to be selecting on performance? I just dont see it
Eli was the big cult hero last year, has he just been found out? 2nd year blues? Being played out of position? I bet he wants to grow those dreadies back now! He and Dunstan can't be enjoying their 2nd year much, after being lauded and awarded low jumper numbers of Plugger and Winmar/Hayes respectively.

Let's hope they can both get their mojo back soonish.
I think both Eli and Dunstan are struggling after their big injuries last year, Eli's broken arm was horrendous, the scar goes from his shoulder to his elbow. Dunstan had a very interrupted pre-season and in this day and age, you can't recover
Ok but why pick Eli ahead of Minch when Minch VFL form has been consistently better? Are we picking on form or some other subjective factor?
I think Eli needs time to develop his game in the VFL. I dont think the coaches or him know what kind of player he is even trying to be. He is nowhere right now. Not a mid and a not small fwd.

dsav
Club Player

Photo album now up.
http://www.davesavell.com/p659000888

Dave
@SavellDave

seano1
Club Player

unless I missing something......do we have any other ruckmen who are hiding at VFL level that can come in ?

seano1
Club Player

I don't really care how many touches and fantasy points jack steven has.......will he hit a bloody target

ssaintss
Club Player

i see people bagging out sean dempster on here, but the guy did not get one interchange all game

loris
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote:I don't really care how many touches and fantasy points jack steven has.......will he hit a bloody target
especially when he tries to switch play across to other side of oval by foot and picks out eagle players (twice) and off they happily went with a chain that lead to 2 easy goals in first quarter

seano1
Club Player

loris wrote:
seano1 wrote:I don't really care how many touches and fantasy points jack steven has.......will he hit a bloody target
especially when he tries to switch play across to other side of oval by foot and picks out eagle players (twice) and off they happily went with a chain that lead to 2 easy goals in first quarter

omg yer..............ist thing I was told as a kid...DONT kick across the goals.....this was a golden rule ....but worst of all he must know he`s a s*** kick and cant hit the side of a barn let alone a player.... that plays for us

seano1
Club Player

ssaintss wrote:i see people bagging out sean dempster on here, but the guy did not get one interchange all game

Quite right he is the 3rd backman most weeks but after 1/2 time he was the main man and was in trouble...with fisher and jimmy off rotations change and he suffered he also had some hard hits done to him early in the game, so he did what he could and you cant fault that

spert
Saintsational Legend

We lost it in the midfield..period. I don't care if Jack got 30 odd possessions, a lot were dinky handballs and chip kicks that occasionally hit a teammate. Too many WCE mids were able to easily run through the centre at ball ups and get the ball and have time to think about it then deliver to the forwards cleanly. Dempster seems to have trouble below his knees and cannot control the ball at ground level. Sinclair is the brightest light we have had at the club for a long time IMO. I can see Lee getting a gig next game as a backman.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote:
ssaintss wrote:i see people bagging out sean dempster on here, but the guy did not get one interchange all game

Quite right he is the 3rd backman most weeks but after 1/2 time he was the main man and was in trouble...with fisher and jimmy off rotations change and he suffered he also had some hard hits done to him early in the game, so he did what he could and you cant fault that
You bag Steven for giving up easy goals in your post above, then proceed to feel sorry for Dempster who gave up about 4 easy goals with his persistent fumbling.
Today Steven was in our best couple, easily, and Dempster, for the second week in a row was very ordinary.

8856brother wrote:
seano1 wrote:

You bag Steven for giving up easy goals in your post above, then proceed to feel sorry for Dempster who gave up about 4 easy goals with his persistent fumbling.
Today Steven was in our best couple, easily, and Dempster, for the second week in a row was very ordinary.

and for the whole year and last year steven cant find a target

Foz
Club Player

Saints players involved in chains that resulted in goals

Schneider 7, Newnes 5, Montagna 5, Steven 5, Bruce 4, Sinclair 4, Armo 3, weller 3, Hickey 2, Robo 2, Savage 2, Templeton 2, Membrey 2, McKenzie 2, Webster, Billings, Dunstan

Goals from scoring sources

Turnover - Stk 9, WCE 14
Clearances Stk 3, WCE 5
Kick In Stk 0 WCE 1

Transition from D50 to F50

Stk 10 from 39 for 3 goals (entry & goals on AFL avg)
WCE 10 from 29 for 4 goals (entry & goals much better than AFL avg)

WCE had 79 to STK 52 kicks to advantage in their respective forward half

STK had 42 to WCE 19 kicks in defensive half that were sideways or to opposition.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Foz wrote:Saints players involved in chains that resulted in goals

Schneider 7, Newnes 5, Montagna 5, Steven 5, Bruce 4, Sinclair 4, Armo 3, weller 3, Hickey 2, Robo 2, Savage 2, Templeton 2, Membrey 2, McKenzie 2, Webster, Billings, Dunstan

Goals from scoring sources

Turnover - Stk 9, WCE 14
Clearances Stk 3, WCE 5
Kick In Stk 0 WCE 1

Transition from D50 to F50

Stk 10 from 39 for 3 goals (entry & goals on AFL avg)
WCE 10 from 29 for 4 goals (entry & goals much better than AFL avg)

WCE had 79 to STK 52 kicks to advantage in their respective forward half

STK had 42 to WCE 19 kicks in defensive half that were sideways or to opposition.
Thanks for those stats. Appreciated. Credit where its due. Schneider had a good game and got busy.
42 kicks sideways or to opposition in our back half :?
We need to fix that up.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

42 sideways or opposition in back half?

WOW

Thats the focus gang.....and ball game.

“Yeah….nah””