Yoe hit on Webster !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Yoe hit on Webster !!

Pwoit wrote:Just seen 2 incidents on tv from last night and now the Ess Bris game where player gets hit in head in a marking contest and both received 50m penalties.

Yes it was a clear umpire error and he will be told that.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:This should see Yoe get 3 down to 2 for the hit and Umpire 2 (Foot) suspended for at least the same time for NOT laying a report at the time !!
I actually think there should be no match day reports anymore. What does it actually achieve?
My reading of the rules tells me that it had to be a report or a 50m penalty. All the umpire was interested in (via the audio on radio) was to stamp his authority on the other saints players by yelling that he would reverse the free kick. He then proceeded to send Jimmy off under the blood rule.

What does a match day report achieve? It suggests that the report has been laid by an umpire who allegedly knows what he's doing, not by a school kid who works at the AFL on weekends as is the case now !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:This should see Yoe get 3 down to 2 for the hit and Umpire 2 (Foot) suspended for at least the same time for NOT laying a report at the time !!
I actually think there should be no match day reports anymore. What does it actually achieve?
My reading of the rules tells me that it had to be a report or a 50m penalty. All the umpire was interested in (via the audio on radio) was to stamp his authority on the other saints players by yelling that he would reverse the free kick. He then proceeded to send Jimmy off under the blood rule.

What does a match day report achieve? It suggests that the report has been laid by an umpire who allegedly knows what he's doing, not by a school kid who works at the AFL on weekends as is the case now !!

Is Lenny a school kid or it only ex players on the MRP who are school kids. The way I see it is there isn't a positive about an umpire reporting but could be a slight negative.

Vazelos
Club Player

It was right in front of me as I was on the railing. It was careless & I cant believe we didn't get 50. To Yoe's defence his expression as soon as he hit him was of genuine remorse unless he is a great method actor. He still should go though.

kalsaint
Club Player

Was a duplicate of the Jordan Lewis contact earlier but there was less time involved between mark and contact so reduced time out I expect.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Have been saying for years this umpire no 2 who was 25 is incompetent. Pay nothing blatant to the Saints but give the opposition frees usually in front of goal. Needs to be sacked. Blight on the game

You are garbage - Enough said
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Arsewipe Foot should post a public video apology on our website.

Blatantly biased. It's sad the AFL aren't awake to the fact.

Our club should write a formal complaint letter to the AFL.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Arsewipe Foot should post a public video apology on our website.

Except the video would show his BMW and Bahamas holiday home in the background. I hope he's corrupt because he is absolutely s*** at his job otherwise.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Arsewipe Foot should post a public video apology on our website.

Except the video would show his BMW and Bahamas holiday home in the background. I hope he's corrupt because he is absolutely s*** at his job otherwise.
So true, I'd almost rather corruption than think that this level of incompetency can get you a gig at the highest level haha

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Yeo can accept one week.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

armitage cleared

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Yeo can accept one week.
Careless conduct with medium impact to the head which lead to a two match sanction which will be downgraded to one with an early guilty plea

And still no 50 :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Careless conduct with medium impact to the head which lead to a two match sanction which will be downgraded to one with an early guilty plea

Should be high impact as Webster was concussed we assume from this incident

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Foot has just been proved a cheat not that we didn't already know that.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Should be high impact as Webster was concussed we assume from this incident
Alan Richardson clarified that Jimmy was concussed later in the quarter- photo has been published to that effect, Jimmy came back on after the nose was stopped.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Pwoit wrote:Just seen 2 incidents on tv from last night and now the Ess Bris game where player gets hit in head in a marking contest and both received 50m penalties.

You can't make an error like that and survive, fundamental stuff
Basic stuff, in fact an umpire from another zone should of overruled him
Saw exactly the same thing the next day, instant 50...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You can't make an error like that and survive, fundamental stuff
Basic stuff, in fact an umpire from another zone should of overruled him
Saw exactly the same thing the next day, instant 50...

Obviously you wanted Schneider dropped after that missed goal against Essendon? And what happens if umpire 28 is worse than this guy?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is Lenny a school kid or it only ex players on the MRP who are school kids. The way I see it is there isn't a positive about an umpire reporting but could be a slight negative.
It's a group of school kids who go through the video and highlight what could/should be looked at further

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It's a group of school kids who go through the video and highlight what could/should be looked at further

Where did you read that? Even if true there is still no good reason to repprt because umpires make a note of incidents during a game anyway. Now that is fact.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: Alan Richardson clarified that Jimmy was concussed later in the quarter- photo has been published to that effect, Jimmy came back on after the nose was stopped.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Webster was actually concussed from the Yeo hit and the club is saying it occurred later to avoid claims of negligence in allowing him back out onto the field. I haven't seen the photo of this later incident but at the game Jimmy looked very unsteady after the first incident and I thought he surely had to be concussed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
saintbrat wrote: Alan Richardson clarified that Jimmy was concussed later in the quarter- photo has been published to that effect, Jimmy came back on after the nose was stopped.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Webster was actually concussed from the Yeo hit and the club is saying it occurred later to avoid claims of negligence in allowing him back out onto the field. I haven't seen the photo of this later incident but at the game Jimmy looked very unsteady after the first incident and I thought he surely had to be concussed.

Yep because the player wouldn't know.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

Someone on Bigfoot said Lonie was back out after his concussion hit and came off a little while later. Does concussion have a slow on set at times?