The race for Rice

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: The race for Rice

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Sainternist wrote:At this stage, which club he chooses is anyone's guess. Sure, Carlton doesn't look like a great option for anyone right now, but who knows? It is quite likely they could make themselves look a lot more appealing come end of season: new president, new coach, priority draft picks and a new image could make them look quite enticing, particularly for a kid who grew up barracking for them.

Sounds like the Scumbaggers have a few father-son acquisitions to look at. I think it's about time we picked one up. For the life of me, I'm struggling to remember our last player who was the son of a Saint. Of course there was Michael Roberts in the '80s and then The Bull's kid, David Sierakowski, in the '90s. Ian Stewart's son only made it as far as playing in our reserves back in the early '90s. Yep, we're overdue for a father-son acquisition!

Barry Lawrence's kid played the odd game .

Chad the Nad Davis?

No Steven Lawrence. Why would it be Davis? Lawrence wasn't a father son though.

No. We got him from the Lions, but his father did play for the Saints.

I f you read the quoted postd, the poster stated he was having trouble remembering the last player who was the son of a saint.
I think if you quote the post that says Lawrence son played the odd game then I would assume he was saying his name was chad davis otherwise why even quote that post? Its not relevant.
Fair dinkum plugger . Read the posts again. That poster was just adding to the list of father/son saints players.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Sainternist wrote:At this stage, which club he chooses is anyone's guess. Sure, Carlton doesn't look like a great option for anyone right now, but who knows? It is quite likely they could make themselves look a lot more appealing come end of season: new president, new coach, priority draft picks and a new image could make them look quite enticing, particularly for a kid who grew up barracking for them.

Sounds like the Scumbaggers have a few father-son acquisitions to look at. I think it's about time we picked one up. For the life of me, I'm struggling to remember our last player who was the son of a Saint. Of course there was Michael Roberts in the '80s and then The Bull's kid, David Sierakowski, in the '90s. Ian Stewart's son only made it as far as playing in our reserves back in the early '90s. Yep, we're overdue for a father-son acquisition!

Chad the Nad Davis?

I f you read the quoted postd, the poster stated he was having trouble remembering the last player who was the son of a saint.
I think if you quote the post that says Lawrence son played the odd game then I would assume he was saying his name was chad davis otherwise why even quote that post? Its not relevant.
Fair dinkum plugger . Read the posts again. That poster was just adding to the list of father/son saints players.

So we quote every player mentioned. Makes no sense especially when the person didn't even mention Steve Lawrence.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Isn't Frank Coghlan's son meant to be a decent footballer that's starting to come on nicely?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

How old are Connor Harvey and Tyson Milne?

Does anyone know if they play football?

Im assuming they'd be getting to the age where it would start to become a bit more serious.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:

Chad the Nad Davis?
I thought he was pointing out that we had Steve Lawrence for a while who seemed to be a FS but not by the official channel. I think Chad was Allan Davis son but isn't recorded as a FS...I was asking a question to check he was. Apparently the only official FS we have ever had is Sierra.

So we quote every player mentioned. Makes no sense especially when the person didn't even mention Steve Lawrence.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:How old are Connor Harvey and Tyson Milne?

Does anyone know if they play football?

Im assuming they'd be getting to the age where it would start to become a bit more serious.

Reckon Tyson would be about 13 and Conner maybe 15 but Conner didn't really like footy a while back. Dirtys kid is 16 and goes ok but very slight. Really doesn't matter anymore because there is no benefit to the side if they come to their fathers club. You pay full market value.

Megamaguire
Club Player

R A C E F O R B E S T A V A I L A B L E

Rice is visiting the club trying to get a feel for the place - great!
Sentimentality is an appealing aspect of the club and I always appreciated the efforts of Dean Rice but will remain in the group calling for best available.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

In terms of advantage through Father Son selections we have unfortunately largely missed the boat, as you no longer gain them at bargain based picks.

Depending on where we finish you might still get some advantage but it is very much diluted now.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....