Schneider's season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Schneider's season

I think Schneids proved again today that reports of his demise as an AFL-standard player were premature.

And yes, Bluthy, he did butcher his disposal early today but wasn't on his Pat Malone.

By the end of the game, is anybody unhappy Sneids did is not play today?

Saint supporter since '62
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote:I think Schneids proved again today that reports of his demise as an AFL-standard player were premature.

And yes, Bluthy, he did butcher his disposal early today but wasn't on his Pat Malone.

By the end of the game, is anybody unhappy Sneids did is not play today?
Well said Trev. Schneid's volleyball manoeuvres this afternoon were a sight to behold.
To be honest, my highlight was watching him direct traffic in the forward line; particularly, the shot of him clearing JBruce out of harms way after a mark and setting him on his line for the kick showed the value of a cool head.
We can debate his longevity in the team until the cows come home but he gets a big tick from me for today. Go Saints.

Always loyal
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-01/any ... back-kings

He inspired the comeback with his quarter time speech.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I admit it. That is two very good games in a row for Schneider.
He must be thinking about that round 11 rookie promotion and thinking 'no way am i going back to the rookie list for this year.'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I admit it. That is two very good games in a row for Schneider.
He must be thinking about that round 11 rookie promotion and thinking 'no way am i going back to the rookie list for this year.'

Well he is well clear of Sinclair but it will get back to both their ages and how they are travelling physically as well as how well the side is traveling. Im going with a Schneider upgrade at the moment.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Apart from the quarter time pep-talk Schneider was very good at a lot of the teams things. That tap on was sublime.

I was at the game, and if anything my only criticism really is that he tries and does the "team-thing" a bit too often when sometimes he should just go for it himself. So he is clearly very team focussed at present.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I admit it. That is two very good games in a row for Schneider.

Well he is well clear of Sinclair but it will get back to both their ages and how they are travelling physically as well as how well the side is traveling. Im going with a Schneider upgrade at the moment.
Tough call....unless we get another injury beforehand.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Tough call....unless we get another injury beforehand.
Indeed it is. I'd go with Schneids. All we need is one more LTI and I assume Sinclair is back in.

In any case, Sinclair gets upgraded to the main list next season regardless

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The_Merchant
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
Its churlish after such a great win, but after being pathetically baited here's the other side of this argument: Schneids again didn't show a peep when we got belted in the first quarter. We were lucky it was a young, overly cocky team who switched off after qtr time.
I think you are selling his first quarter a bit short. I remember one particularly ordinary kick (not as bad as Weller's) but his kick to to Roo to set up our first goal was exceptional. I can't remember exactly but I think he had a hand in another score in the first quarter.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Its churlish after such a great win, but after being pathetically baited here's the other side of this argument: Schneids again didn't show a peep when we got belted in the first quarter. We were lucky it was a young, overly cocky team who switched off after qtr time.
I think you are selling his first quarter a bit short. I remember one particularly ordinary kick (not as bad as Weller's) but his kick to to Roo to set up our first goal was exceptional. I can't remember exactly but I think he had a hand in another score in the first quarter.
Bluthy has some issues if he is targeting just one player when we are 5 goals down in the first term.

Pure agenda setting

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ISBANE LIONS V ST KILDA
10 – David Armitage (StK)
7 – Dayne Beams (BL)
5 – Nick Riewoldt (StK)
3 – Adam Schneider (StK)
2 – Ryan Lester (BL)
2 – Stefan Martin (BL)
1 – Jack Newnes (StK)

Coaches got it wrong. They don't watch the game as closely as some.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Leadership is worth it's weight in gold with the young boys.

Agree with person above saying he needs to also take his own chances, that centering kick was poor. Yes he was on a tightish angle but it wasn't exactly boundary hugging, he's a small forward and even a rookie small forward should be taking those shots when there is no defensive pressure.