the media's friends-St Kilda (+ audio from coaches box-rd11)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: the media's friends-St Kilda (+ audio from coaches box-r

Thanks bratty; love the video, and 100% agree on the fantastic job our media staff are doing this year.

Not sure what to do with all this positive press ... :D

Always loyal
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Anyone doubting how good the club is going at the moment off the field should listen to SEN. I cant think of a time when we got all this good publicity off the field. Even in our GF years we had other crap going on. Over the last few days on SEN the likes of Davis King, Daniel Harford, Robbo and others have been going on about the access to the club is fantastic and what the club is setting up for the future will work. Its all great positive stuff and the results this year have helped. If we were on the bottom in Carltons position those people would have said none of this and the club probably wouldn't have given these journos access. Its a great time for the club and we must keep performing well for the rest of the season. Wont pay off in memberships this year but im sure it will next season.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
Darren wrote:
saintbrat wrote:anyone else think the 'quiet' spot before Joey's goal is likely to be 'edited' rather than just quiet in the box?
I think its all genuine except the beeping of swearing. You can hear Richo drop/throw his pen and his consistent breathing. Either that or the coaches box is very sound-proof!
I agree with Darren, you can hear the breathing thru that period. With 40 secs to go, there's not much Richo can do, especially if the runner is already out on the ground.
There is no sound because it has been edited out. Just before that Richo was saying for the runner to get out to Gilbo... (Gilbert, get out to Gilb, ahh f...) where he probably swore and wanted to tell Gilbo to maybe tighten up in the back line after the Melbourne goal. It then went silent due to being edited and then they turned the mic back on for the reaction to Joey's goal. Well that's what I reckon anyway.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Anyone doubting how good the club is going at the moment off the field should listen to SEN. I cant think of a time when we got all this good publicity off the field. Even in our GF years we had other crap going on. Over the last few days on SEN the likes of Davis King, Daniel Harford, Robbo and others have been going on about the access to the club is fantastic and what the club is setting up for the future will work. Its all great positive stuff and the results this year have helped. If we were on the bottom in Carltons position those people would have said none of this and the club probably wouldn't have given these journos access. Its a great time for the club and we must keep performing well for the rest of the season. Wont pay off in memberships this year but im sure it will next season.

Pretty good summation P66.

Seems like everyone at the club is on the same page at the moment. Yes we are 4-7, but the club did a great job in lowering (being realistic?) our expectations about on field.

they have been up front and open about the plan for the team. They have been open and upfront with the supporters and while lowering expectations, have given hope with things like the Futurefest signings.

32,000 members coming off a wooden spoon year is a pretty good effort.

I think from a playing group perspective Bomber Thompson summed it up when he referred to the Saints playing the type of football Richo would want from them in three years. I took form this comment that he meant the structure and style (pressure and tackling) was already in place, and with maturity, the results will get better and better and the playing style will be second nature.

With the media access. Well it was a pretty rare moment for Richo to be so emotional in the box. A pretty level headed type of bloke from what I have seen, so to take the initiative and give access to the audio was pretty impressive. To give Robinson the access to the planning of the game was also a very good insight. I don't believe they gave anything substantial away in doing either.

As P66 says the reaction on Foxfooty and SEN have been very positive, especially the Richo reaction to the Joey goal.

This admin and footy dept are doing their best to engage the supporters and wider football community. Hardly put a foot wrong so far in my opinion.

You are garbage - Enough said
spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Come on Plugger, we all know Lyons footy was turgid, it was great to win and I loved being so dominant, but wasn't an attractive game to watch. Even at the time some of us wanted to play with a bit more dare. Can't have everything I suppose. The results weren't boring, and our games weren't boring cos they were usually quite tight, but the style wasn't very exciting.

Its amazing how people forget 2009. I loved our footy back then. One of the best home and away games I have seen was in 2009 and most games were great to watch.
It was good under Lyon to be a winning team and get to the GFs, but it was a trial to watch so many of those slog wins with sideways crab football, and I walked away thinking yeah we won but had no great passion about it. I preferred the GT winning era from a pure positive footy point of view, and that's the style that dragged so many lapsed Saints back to the fold. Either way we came home without the bacon sadly.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Anyone doubting how good the club is going at the moment off the field should listen to SEN. I cant think of a time when we got all this good publicity off the field. Even in our GF years we had other crap going on. Over the last few days on SEN the likes of Davis King, Daniel Harford, Robbo and others have been going on about the access to the club is fantastic and what the club is setting up for the future will work. Its all great positive stuff and the results this year have helped. If we were on the bottom in Carltons position those people would have said none of this and the club probably wouldn't have given these journos access. Its a great time for the club and we must keep performing well for the rest of the season. Wont pay off in memberships this year but im sure it will next season.
A great summation of where we are at plugger, as BM stated

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Its amazing how people forget 2009. I loved our footy back then. One of the best home and away games I have seen was in 2009 and most games were great to watch.
The absolute best H&A game I've ever been to was R14 2009 - St Kilda v Geelong at Etihad. That game was pulsating from start to finish, the crowd was into it big time, and the huge pack grab and goal to win it by big Gardi was the icing on a great cake.

I've heard a number of players from both clubs say that game was the best they'd played in excluding finals.

Saints 2009 wasn't all turgid boring footy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Its amazing how people forget 2009. I loved our footy back then. One of the best home and away games I have seen was in 2009 and most games were great to watch.
The absolute best H&A game I've ever been to was R14 2009 - St Kilda v Geelong at Etihad. That game was pulsating from start to finish, the crowd was into it big time, and the huge pack grab and goal to win it by big Gardi was the icing on a great cake.

I've heard a number of players from both clubs say that game was the best they'd played in excluding finals.

Saints 2009 wasn't all turgid boring footy.
You are absolutely correct on that one. I was there on the day. Fantastic match actually. Well, we won didn't we. Would have absolutely hated it if the cats had won though.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:You are absolutely correct on that one. I was there on the day. Fantastic match actually. Well, we won didn't we. Would have absolutely hated it if the cats had won though.
I would have been disappointed to lose it, I thought we were slightly the better team on the day, but it was such a great match in and of itself I would still have enjoyed it greatly. I am glad we won though ... :mrgreen:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Robbo's praise continues

and yes it's just Robbo but some do read and listen.- so 'Good' is great to get out there

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

even Kingy
http://www.sen.com.au/news/06-15/saints ... david-king
St Kilda supports can be confident that their club has a respected and talented coach guiding their young team through their ambitious rebuild, says David King.

He was more than impressed with Alan Richardson’s ability to make changes and communicate with his players during their two-point win over Melbourne.

The Saints laid an amazing 99 tackles for the match, but early on their physical intent was not there.

“They allowed me to stand at the back of the huddle at quarter time and three quarter time,” said King on SEN radio.

“At the first quarter break they were getting mauled in the middle, but winning the hit outs.

“So, he was irate and made his point known to the group – the first ten minutes of the second quarter, they were brutal.

“You just looked at it and said this is fantastic coaching, I was really blown away by how effective their coaching was on game day.

“There is no doubt he got a result out of them on game day, he got a rise out of them when they needed it.”

and audio

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:The absolute best H&A game I've ever been to was R14 2009 - St Kilda v Geelong at Etihad. That game was pulsating from start to finish, the crowd was into it big time, and the huge pack grab and goal to win it by big Gardi was the icing on a great cake.
For me the Troy Schwarze game v Brissie in 2004 tops it, but not by much. Just that the roar when he kicked that goal was the loudest thing I've heard at the footy.

Also the game where we flogged Carlton in our last game ever at Princes Park - for completely different reasons!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I just picked up this audio. Great stuff. Richo is very impressive in what was a very tight game. Focused, calm, strategic, very clear and concise messaging.

The last minute that was edited, would have been the highlight of the tape, bar that after Joey's goal.

The Disch
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:Great stuff! We're through!
Im glad the coach isn't hoping for the No 1 Draft pick :wink: :wink: