Our Coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Our Coach

I think too much is being made of coaches. MM was a celebrated premiership coach and placed on a pedestal - but despite the adulation and the fanfare he still got the bullet.

We should be concentrating on getting/poaching the best recruiters - and I'd like to read more threads and discussion on them for a change - as they are the ones who make the real difference.
Last edited by samoht on Thu 18 Jun 2015 7:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:I think too much is being made of coaches. MM was a celebrated premiership coach - but despite the adulation and the fanfare he still got the bullet.

We should be concentrating on getting/poaching the best recruiters - and I'd like to read threads on them for a change - as they are the ones who make the real difference.

Well Elshaug seems to have started very well especially wit the later picks which are probably the important ones as the first 5 or 6 players usually pick themselves.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

plugger66 wrote:
samoht wrote:I think too much is being made of coaches. MM was a celebrated premiership coach - but despite the adulation and the fanfare he still got the bullet.

We should be concentrating on getting/poaching the best recruiters - and I'd like to read threads on them for a change - as they are the ones who make the real difference.

Well Elshaug seems to have started very well especially wit the later picks which are probably the important ones as the first 5 or 6 players usually pick themselves.
Exactly - we need recruiters who can find the gems/diamonds in the rough. That type of calibre.
Do we have the best recruiters at the moment? - that's what I want.

karnaby
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Yeah..what is the go with that ?
EGO!

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Exactly - we need recruiters who can find the gems/diamonds in the rough. That type of calibre.
Do we have the best recruiters at the moment? - that's what I want.[/quote]

Gotta be happy with our recruiters this year

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Have heard that Richo is about to sign a 2 year extension that will see him coach until the end of 2018.

I cant see too many reasons as to why not either. Congratulations.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

I will gladly supply the pen!

Saint supporter since '62
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Have heard that Richo is about to sign a 2 year extension that will see him coach until the end of 2018.

I cant see too many reasons as to why not either. Congratulations.

Silly idea IMO. Hope it isn't true. Don't see the point but happy for others to explain why we need to do it.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Because we need consistency. He is doing a good job from what I can see. It may be a different story if we really start to get smashed towards the end of the year. I was sorry to see Pelchen go to be honest as, after last night, I believe that we are going to face a massive task replacing Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher and Dempster, which we haven't been able to do yet. If we finish bottom three this year we may get two picks inside top 20 and need to get these right.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Because we need consistency. He is doing a good job from what I can see. It may be a different story if we really start to get smashed towards the end of the year. I was sorry to see Pelchen go to be honest as, after last night, I believe that we are going to face a massive task replacing Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher and Dempster, which we haven't been able to do yet. If we finish bottom three this year we may get two picks inside top 20 and need to get these right.

And if we finish 5th last we get 2 picks around the same. Still cant see the point of giving a guy 2 extra years, one and half years before his contract ends.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... i agree.
good timing on an extension , if true.
(takes out 'any' talk , over the next 12 months if he is not / was not extended)

like it.
... stickn with the long term mindset.kudos to the admin.imo.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

'n why can't the Pelican consult.
... whats he doin now ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.