Classy Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Classy Club

I haven't started a thread in a very long time, but I just wanted to make mention of how impressed I am with the way the club is going about things both on and off the field.

Family days. Kids doing interviews. Kids in the rooms. Rooey giving a video message to Dustin Fletcher for his 400th. Richo doing the same for Chris Judd's retirement.

This type of conduct is super classy and it impresses me no end. It fills me with the confidence that this club is going places. Well done to all concerned and keep up the very good work. :D

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Classy Club

Agreed. I have noticed a massive improvement in member communications

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree. Setting a great tone.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

They're doing a good job of getting the fans on board that's for sure, so much positivity about.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And another example pops up on social media with the Saints giving a surprise 10th birthday in a superbox for young Nate. Saints gear everywhere plus S Fisher & J Billings in attendance.

Sending a great message and as said above, setting a great tone.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Improved Social Club on Match Days too.

The impressive thing is that they are doing so much better, in so many areas.

They are putting the member back into club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

It's been great so far.

I got an "Email From The President" yesterday, which used to mean someone had quit, had been sacked, or one of the players was being stood down etc. but much to my surprise it was super positive and was just pumping up the tyres of the people working their socks off to get this place heading in the right direction (media team, social media, CEO, coach etc.) I wish my boss did that every now and then!!

There's a lot to like about the Saints off-field in 2015. Once the on-field boys hit their straps, you're going to want to make sure you're part of it!!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

they have been chasing me up since letting my membership lapse, that has never happened before. a good sign , even offered me a free game. I like the way the club is going.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From the President...

Dear members and supporters,

Since we embarked on our reshaping of the Saints, we have been confident about our long-term strategies and direction. However, football seasons can be difficult as much is measured in wins, losses, statistics and so on. Setting short-term goals both on and off the field can be challenging. Against this background, as we reach the mid-season break, it’s timely to reflect on a season that has already produced more than many forecast, including four wins on field and many more off field.

While I was confident we had the hunger for success and the people and plans to make it happen, the speed of progress in many areas has exceeded my expectations. Compared to 2014, membership and crowds are up, the number of new quality corporate partners and on-field wins is up and the amount of positive media coverage and the level of fan engagement is also up.

Whilst this is pleasing, we have not become complacent. The playing group has an attitude of total commitment to every minute and the whole club is similarly focused.

We still have a way to go, but we have come so far so quickly and it’s something to be proud of. This year we have become the good news Saints and the positivity surrounding this club is incredible. It hasn't come through luck, but from a willingness to be brave and inclusive.

To CEO Matt Finnis, his executive and all staff I say job well done... and keep it up!

On field we have discovered some serious talent with five players making their club debut in Lonie, Sinclair, Membrey, McKenzie and McCartin. The lively Lonie and Sinclair are seen as two of the most exciting small forward prospects in the league, the unassuming McKenzie looks extremely promising, Longer is having a terrific year and Goddard continues to develop well in the VFL. There are many others too and that is the point .. we have developed a quality list of young talent who are starting to show what is possible.

And in typical Saints tradition, a new group of cult heroes are emerging such as Bruce and Membrey.

The way that Alan Richardson, the football department and our senior players are guiding this young playing list deserves wide praise. I also want to recognise the access they are giving our fans, including the video package attached to this email which has live audio from the coach’s box.

Off field, we recently signed Susan Day Group as an Elite Partner and their Susan Day Cakes logo will appear on our shorts and media backdrop. When combined with Dare Iced Coffee and SEEK you can see another clear sign that support is flowing back to this great club and we thank all our partners.

Other key drivers in taking us back to the top - such as a return to Moorabbin - continue to progress and I hope to share more news soon. Again, 2015 will be seen as the year the return to our heartland really took hold.

The efforts by all staff to engage our fans at games and during the week are also being well received and the below comment by Andie Carlon on the club’s Facebook page – which recently passed 125,000 ‘likes’ – says it best. I truly believe we are doing as much as any club to re-engage with our supporters, live our brand and embrace our How I Want To Be attitude.

“I dunno about you guys but I feel connected to this club more so than in any other year ever and that’s over 45 years!!!!”

I want to finish by thanking you our members and supporters. We are more committed than ever to reconnecting with you so we can all enjoy this exciting new period in our history together. And please don't under-estimate for a moment how much the players notice your support.

Go Saints!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Whilst i respect everyone's opinion .
I dislike having my lily gilded .
I just want to see the Saints win a Flag .
Having smoke blown up one's orifices I'll admit is pleasurable , but never guarantee's the ultimate success .

In red white and black from 73
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Whilst i respect everyone's opinion .
I dislike having my lily gilded .
I just want to see the Saints win a Flag .
Having smoke blown up one's orifices I'll admit is pleasurable , but never guarantee's the ultimate success .
Got to walk before you can run. They are laying down the foundation on and off field. Be patient young grasshopper.

PS I love the "lily gilded" by the way. A lovely old fashioned saying not used enough.

in for the long haul
Club Player

Yes I must admit when I saw the "presidents message " I immediately thought the worst.

Refreshing change really.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

in for the long haul wrote:Yes I must admit when I saw the "presidents message " I immediately thought the worst.

Refreshing change really.
Yup, I though oh FFS what have we done now, a week off and someone has gone mental.

saint-stu
Club Player

Does Peter Summers deserve some credit for getting the right people in the right roles? The improvement has been so widespread you can't just pin it on the coach or list manager etc.

1ac46a38
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Does Peter Summers deserve some credit for getting the right people in the right roles? The improvement has been so widespread you can't just pin it on the coach or list manager etc.
CEO may have a fair bit to do with off field stuff.

saint4life
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Very positive message from the president and realistic. We might have done okay with this guy

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

In the words os a previous famour leader....

'right'?

“Yeah….nah””
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Super impressed with how the club announced player contract a day over the off season which created interest and anticipation. Bit disappointed with membership numbers though. I thought we would have done better than we have there.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The club has been excellent with media and fan engagement since Finnis took over. While we were having on field success under Lyon, I don't think I'd ever felt so disconnected from the club. It was clear that the people running the club felt that on field success was the only relevant factor and would bring off field success. If this mentality had have continued through the rebuild then the club would be in a very bad place. If the club keeps up this good work then by the time we're a finals side again I suspect we'll comfortably break our membership record.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:The club has been excellent with media and fan engagement since Finnis took over. While we were having on field success under Lyon, I don't think I'd ever felt so disconnected from the club. It was clear that the people running the club felt that on field success was the only relevant factor and would bring off field success. If this mentality had have continued through the rebuild then the club would be in a very bad place. If the club keeps up this good work then by the time we're a finals side again I suspect we'll comfortably break our membership record.
Wastaway had a clear disdain for the average fan. Ross wanted his "bubble" but then it was made worse by anything member related being stripped back and minimised.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:The club has been excellent with media and fan engagement since Finnis took over. While we were having on field success under Lyon, I don't think I'd ever felt so disconnected from the club. It was clear that the people running the club felt that on field success was the only relevant factor and would bring off field success. If this mentality had have continued through the rebuild then the club would be in a very bad place. If the club keeps up this good work then by the time we're a finals side again I suspect we'll comfortably break our membership record.
Wastaway had a clear disdain for the average fan. Ross wanted his "bubble" but then it was made worse by anything member related being stripped back and minimised.
West away was a muppet

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Austinnn
Club Player

I'd like to see the membership dept shape up as much as the media dept. More thought needed about packages.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:I'd like to see the membership dept shape up as much as the media dept. More thought needed about packages.

They are doing more. I was happy because I suggested they jumped on board with the southern Metro junior footy league and get them to sign up kids. They offered a kids $30 membership. There was a competition between clubs to sign the most members to get club visits etc. Great initiative but they started a bit late so a lot of members already had their family memberships signed up.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
did he though.
... the cash for the footy dept spend had to come from somewhere
... we were recruiting and spending for that 2nd Flag.
(i is not defending btw , just thinkn it through)
[not many could've been more disappointed in the admin side of things than me)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.