Game against WB

Re: Game against WB

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Personally I think a thread should be started to debate the pros and cons of higher picks or more wins.

Who is with me?

Everyone knows my views on this issue, however to label fellow Saints fans liars and of low intelligence is really weird.

There is nothing I enjoy more than a Saints win. The excitement of the Bulldog and Melbourne win this years is the most excited I have been about our club in years. I have hope for the future, a hope that would have been far less if we had have had those wins.

Conversely losses, while disappointing, is hardly as disappointing as in years where we are not competing for a flag.

If as expected we have a poor second half, we will get a top five pick, one of Parish, Balic, Mathesion or Tucker, who will all be top line players.

Coupled with maybe a canny Bruce like trade or two and with the FA being lowered to six years, we may attack FA BIG time in 2016 or 2017.

So there you go. I want to win every game but realistically we will win very few and end up with a high pick, which will suit me fine.
One of my daughters, who was at the match with me , had tears in her eyes after the melbourne win. I will never forget that look she had. Priceless. I will take a win over a loss any time.

People wanting us to lose should listen to David Armitage's recent interview with Finey on Sen.

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Personally I think a thread should be started to debate the pros and cons of higher picks or more wins.

Who is with me?

Everyone knows my views on this issue, however to label fellow Saints fans liars and of low intelligence is really weird.

There is nothing I enjoy more than a Saints win. The excitement of the Bulldog and Melbourne win this years is the most excited I have been about our club in years. I have hope for the future, a hope that would have been far less if we had have had those wins.

Conversely losses, while disappointing, is hardly as disappointing as in years where we are not competing for a flag.

If as expected we have a poor second half, we will get a top five pick, one of Parish, Balic, Mathesion or Tucker, who will all be top line players.

Coupled with maybe a canny Bruce like trade or two and with the FA being lowered to six years, we may attack FA BIG time in 2016 or 2017.

So there you go. I want to win every game but realistically we will win very few and end up with a high pick, which will suit me fine.
One of my daughters, who was at the match with me , had tears in her eyes after the melbourne win. I will never forget that look she had. Priceless. I will take a win over a loss any time.

People wanting us to lose should listen to David Armitage's recent interview with Finey on Sen.

That's the problem they don't have the courage to say they want to lose so when you ask a simple question like do you want to beat WB they give you any answer but no or yes. To me that simply means they want us to lose but don't want to say it. We hear things like whats best for the club or its the system. The only answer should be lets hopefully win this week.

Who is with me?

That's the problem they don't have the courage to say they want to lose so when you ask a simple question like do you want to beat WB they give you any answer but no or yes. To me that simply means they want us to lose but don't want to say it. We hear things like whats best for the club or its the system. The only answer should be lets hopefully win this week.

OK, realistically what do you think our win/loss will be at the end of the year?

If like me, you think we will have maybe 6-8 wins this year, it means we will probably have a top 5 pick anyway. Top three are talls while we need outside pace and Parish, Tucker, Mathesion, and Clarke all fit that bill and one will be available @ pick 5 or 6.

So I NEVER want the Saints to lose, but realistically I reckon 2 max 4 games are wins from here. If we get another Essendon type loss, I will be extremely disappointed, if we get an 8 goal towelling by Freo, not so disappointed as I know where the team is at.

Do the so called Tankers want the Saints to lose in the last ten games? I don't know about that. They will take a win and be happy, but I don't know if they will actively barrack for a loss.

Any real Saints supporter cant help but want their team to win. I don't know Teflon, but I know Firey personally and I KNOW that he would never ever barrack against his beloved Saints.

Who is with me?

OK, realistically what do you think our win/loss will be at the end of the year?

If like me, you think we will have maybe 6-8 wins this year, it means we will probably have a top 5 pick anyway. Top three are talls while we need outside pace and Parish, Tucker, Mathesion, and Clarke all fit that bill and one will be available @ pick 5 or 6.

So I NEVER want the Saints to lose, but realistically I reckon 2 max 4 games are wins from here. If we get another Essendon type loss, I will be extremely disappointed, if we get an 8 goal towelling by Freo, not so disappointed as I know where the team is at.

Do the so called Tankers want the Saints to lose in the last ten games? I don't know about that. They will take a win and be happy, but I don't know if they will actively barrack for a loss.

Any real Saints supporter cant help but want their team to win. I don't know Teflon, but I know Firey personally and I KNOW that he would never ever barrack against his beloved Saints.
Right on the money Joff.

Who is with me?

Looks like we are going to have a sensible chat. Not sure that is on.

I expect 6 wins this year. I expect a top 5 pick. I never want to lose either. I have no idea if the people who wont commit to saying we will hopefully win the next game want us to win one game or 10 more games this year. I know they wont straight out say they want to beat the WB for some really strange reason. I don't know either person but why wouldn't any supporter just say they want to beat the WB but if we lose at least we can look at the benefits of maybe a lower pick.

You understand what is going on Joff..some on here are struggling a bit ;)

The Fireman wrote:You understand what is going on Joff..some on here are struggling a bit ;)
I don't even follow the footy. I only come here for the arguments...best on the net!

satchmo wrote: I don't even follow the footy. I only come here for the arguments...best on the net!
What a load of crap.

satchmo wrote: I don't even follow the footy. I only come here for the arguments...best on the net!
What a load of crap.
Pfft- what would you know you cabbage, you don't even want us to win..or something.....

What a load of crap.
this is SS..Pluggs is Cleese. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

The Fireman wrote:
What a load of crap.
this is SS
I can't read that as I have you blocked, The Fireturnip.

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
What a load of crap.
this is SS
Blocking is simply putting your head in the sand..Satchmosterich.

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
What a load of crap.
this is SS
Blocking is simply putting your head in the sand..Satchmosterich.
I would never block anybody, plugger included. :D

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Who is with me?

I know exactly how you feel. On the night of the win against the Dees I heard my 2.5 year old awake in his room so I went in and told him about the great win. He looked so excited and he replied:

"I done poo, daddy".

Priceless.

Who is with me?

My son is playing footy and soccer and we have been going to the games during the warmer months. He was ready to jump off footy and that win and a better season has him fired back up for footy. He has even managed to get his mate who is a gun soccer player to join his footy club for next season. This kid is playing under 13s kangaroos at 9 so a good conversion. A bit of good footy and a heap will jump back on he has another mate who has converted over to us from the Pies too.

Who is with me?

I know exactly how you feel. On the night of the win against the Dees I heard my 2.5 year old awake in his room so I went in and told him about the great win. He looked so excited and he replied:

"I done poo, daddy".

Priceless.

That's gold
Had exactly same incident with my 15yr old..

I hope we win by 8pts again. Minchington 3 goals

Darth Vader

As with all games I seriously want a win, but would really love it even more if we won after coming back from a long way behind again.

I want to win every game, although I hope I'm realistic enough to know we won't. I expected 5-7 wins this year so I think we're on track for that. Basically, wins before picks is my mantra.

Looking forward to playing online computer games from about noon. Then the Lions/crows game on live at 440 followed by the Sainters. Nothing better than battling zombies and beasts while watching the boys win

lol at wont say they want to lose because they dont have the courage

yeah the internet might laugh at them
what bollocks

ok
i want to win this week
and lose next week

oh no
the internets is laughing and pointing its finger at me
i must be a terrible supporter
i must hand my membership in with a look of shame and be flogged to death by a teamm of SS'ers hand picked by pluggs

4ever_saint

I want to win but I really, really don't think we will. We embarrassed them last time- they'll be out for blood.

If we lose, I'm happy to pretend we were tanking for draft picks however 8-)

I hope everyone gets to the game.

I want us to win, but won't be devo if we lose. Pretty much what Bunk said.

matrix wrote:lol at wont say they want to lose because they dont have the courage

yeah the internet might laugh at them
what bollocks

ok
i want to win this week
and lose next week

oh no
the internets is laughing and pointing its finger at me
i must be a terrible supporter
i must hand my membership in with a look of shame and be flogged to death by a teamm of SS'ers hand picked by pluggs

You are very strange. Did you go to school? Serious question.