Jack Billings CURE for shins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Billings CURE for shins

SMS wrote:Gee thats FUNNY. My recomendation has been working with the HAWKS for 6 years ... Gee wonder why the hawks have all the advantages.

While we suffer theough BS hip shins and knee pain the hawks are fresh.

Still want to make jokes

http://www.alexadampodiatry.com.au

Can you tell us for sure the club aren't doing things that aren't helping? Or even what you are suggesting. One thing I do know is they wont take any notice of what you have written on here. Contact the club.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Hey I've got a great idea.

Email the club
:idea:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Can someone please get this message to the doctors about Jack Billings or anyone suffering shin, hip or knee soreness ...

http://www.alexadampodiatry.com.au

Shin splints dont need surgery unless extremely severe

I hope the doctors understand what this amazing man can do.

Hate to think they are taking the line of 'just manage the pain and rest'
When its completely curable. Dont waste billings' talent.

Anyone get this message to them thanks.

Real orthodics he best proper fibre glass moulded and monitored.

All better within a month.
Witch craft and about as useful as tits on a bull.

kp83
Club Player

SMS, this is the most ridiculous thread I have read on this forum and that is saying something!!

To think that the bloke you've seen is the only medical professional that knows anything about shin splints is laughable. Yes you may have seen some crap podiatrists in the past but that is why they work where they do and not in the elite club setting. I can guarantee that our staff know how to treat this. As another poster mentioned Andrew Wallis (our physio) is one of the best in Melbourne and understands that any injury needs to be treated at the cause, not just symptom management.

The most laughable thing about your posts is that you have told us exactly what our staff are doing for Jack without actually having any idea (you said something like all they are doing is icing, massage and rest). How could you possibly know this??

Actually no, the most ridiculous thing is that you have educated us all on the patho-physiology, patho-mechanics and best treatment of the injury within one post! It takes a lot of study to understand what is going on with Jack, not just a few consultations with a podiatrist.

Trust me, sticking corrective orthotics into footy boots does not always work in stopping shin splints. Why not you will ask? Well because it does not address any neuro-muscular issues that may be present at the hip, knee or ankle and so will not cure the injury long term. This is based in scientific evidence and research...not anecdotal evidence from one or two people.

Without sounding too condescending towards you, my overall point is that the club have experts who completely understand the condition and have the ability to treat it. That bloke may have helped you with your problem, but you are not Jack Billings and so you do not have the same injury.

While it isn't complete proof that we have the right people looking after him, have a look at the injury list at the moment and tell me the club medico's are no good.

Cheers.

Go Saints!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Wrong thread. This should be on the Danky thread.
The kid just needs an injection of goats semen mixed with AOD and he will be 'up and about' in no time.
Amazing repair properties.
goat semen, we've all been there…
I prefer kangaroo semen but happy to try new things.
This is such a funny thread I needed a good laugh. Thanks guys.

PS I have a lucky rabbits foot..... well wasn't too lucky for the poor bloody rabbit
Rabbit semen perhaps?

I just hope the prudish mods leave this thread in tact

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Johnny Favier
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:
Harves Man wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Leeches.
Ah, I see you're a man of science!
He is.

Leech Therapeutic Applications
"leech has made a comeback as a new remedy for many chronic and life-threatening abnormalities, such as cardiovascular problems, cancer, metastasis, and infectious diseases. In the 20th century, leech therapy has established itself in plastic and microsurgery as a protective tool against venous congestion and served to salvage the replanted digits and flaps. "
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3757849/
:shock:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Trepanning

Johnny Favier
Club Player

stevie wrote:Trepanning
Sorry...I just struggle to contain my inner Benny Hill sometimes...

RW&B
Club Player

kp83 wrote:SMS, this is the most ridiculous thread I have read on this forum and that is saying something!!

To think that the bloke you've seen is the only medical professional that knows anything about shin splints is laughable. Yes you may have seen some crap podiatrists in the past but that is why they work where they do and not in the elite club setting. I can guarantee that our staff know how to treat this. As another poster mentioned Andrew Wallis (our physio) is one of the best in Melbourne and understands that any injury needs to be treated at the cause, not just symptom management.

The most laughable thing about your posts is that you have told us exactly what our staff are doing for Jack without actually having any idea (you said something like all they are doing is icing, massage and rest). How could you possibly know this??

Actually no, the most ridiculous thing is that you have educated us all on the patho-physiology, patho-mechanics and best treatment of the injury within one post! It takes a lot of study to understand what is going on with Jack, not just a few consultations with a podiatrist.

Trust me, sticking corrective orthotics into footy boots does not always work in stopping shin splints. Why not you will ask? Well because it does not address any neuro-muscular issues that may be present at the hip, knee or ankle and so will not cure the injury long term. This is based in scientific evidence and research...not anecdotal evidence from one or two people.

Without sounding too condescending towards you, my overall point is that the club have experts who completely understand the condition and have the ability to treat it. That bloke may have helped you with your problem, but you are not Jack Billings and so you do not have the same injury.

While it isn't complete proof that we have the right people looking after him, have a look at the injury list at the moment and tell me the club medico's are no good.

Cheers.

Go Saints!!
I wanted to say something similar but couldn't be bothered. Great post.

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007